Flowering Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FLA Funk said:
Are you just talking about whether its indica or sativa dominant? To me it looks like a hybrid that leans toward indica. I don't think you will identify the strain. In your pics I don't see any gender traits yet. It looks awesome though, I really dig the bushiness. Best of luck.

Thanks man. I am still in the process of building my whole setup. I am slowly buying all the goodies and just making them work in my closet for now but soon the closet will be 100% rebuild.

Btw, how do you tell sativa and indica apart?

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
Hey man, I think it could be a male. But let's hope not! Healthy plant, good job.

Thanks man. I am praying that it's a female. I did germinate 5 more seeds two days ago though lol, just to be on a safe side.

The light came on not too long ago and I went to check on the plant. I HAVE BAD NEWS!!! It def looks like its growing balls on it. There are more and more every day.

Should I give it more time? Or should I just cut it down and concentrate on my germinating seeds?

I hope this helps.

sativa_cannabis_leaf.gif
bullet.gif
Sativas are just about the opposite of Indicas. They are tall, thin plants, with much narrower leaves and grow a lighter green in color. They grow very quickly and can reach heights of 20 feet in a single season. They originally come from Colombia, Mexico, Thailand and Southeast Asia. Once flowering has begun, they can take anywhere from 10 to 16 weeks to fully mature. Flavors range from earthy to sweet and fruity. Sativa's higher THC than CBD equals cerebral, soaring type of high, more energetic which can stimulate brain activity and may produce hallucinations. Sativa plants are taller, take longer to mature, have less chlorophyll and more accessory pigments (accessory pigments protect the plant from excessive sunlight). As Sativa strains have less chlorophyll than Indica they take longer to grow, mature, and require more light.
Sativa typically takes longer to germinate and flower also, and grows more gangly then Indica breeds.
Yield is usually lower than Indica, but is very potent. Thai Sativa grows taller and has a longer flowering period, so they are better suited for outdoors.
bullet.gif
Indicas originally come from the hash producing countries of the world like Afghanistan, Morocco, and Tibet. They are short dense plants, with broad leaves and often grow a darker green. After flowering starts they will be mature in 6 to 8 weeks. The buds will be thick and dense, with flavors and aromas ranging from pungent skunk to sweet and fruity. The smoke from an Indica is generally a body type stone, relaxing and laid back. Indica's higher CBD than THC equals a much heavier, sleepy type of high. Indica plants have a heavy, stony high that is relaxing and can help different medical problems. Indica yield is usually higher than Sativa, and shorter growing season. Better for indoor growing, because they don't get as tall.
Indica plants are short, bushy, mature early, have more chlorophyll and less accessory pigments (accessory pigments protect the plant from excessive sunlight). As Indica strains have more chlorophyll than sativa they grow and mature faster.
Combining different indicas, different sativas or a combination thereof creates hybrids. The resulting hybrid strains will grow, mature and smoke in relationship to the indica/sativa percentages they end up containing.
:)

Man I want to go Sativa all the way.

Today once the light comes on and if I'm 100% sure that its a male, my gf and my mom are going to cut my plant down. Wow and its my mom's b-day so I guess its a good addition to her b-day present.

Well get some pics up and ill help you... If you see little white hairs its a girl and if you see little bumps at the nodes its most likely a boy... You see the boys usually get bigger faster and show sex faster. And the girls usually take 3 or moor days for me to show.. Take some pics of the nodes... And look to see if you see little white fuzzy hairs.

But if you see hairs and balls, than your girl is a hermi.. And PS you have plenty of time before the boy starts to release pollen, just be sure..

Timmyjg6 said:
Well get some pics up and ill help you... If you see little white hairs its a girl and if you see little bumps at the nodes its most likely a boy... You see the boys usually get bigger faster and show sex faster. And the girls usually take 3 or moor days for me to show.. Take some pics of the nodes... And look to see if you see little white fuzzy hairs.

Thanks a bunch man, you always come through!! LOL :woohoo:

I'll do my best taking pics today.

Latest posts

Back