First AutoFlower Grow - Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamondJim420

Reaction score
My first AutoFlower grow:

Afghan Low Ryder Kush
Currently in Roots Organic soil (will soon transfer to Subcool's Super Soil)
About 18 days since first sprout
Have been under T5 "grow" bulbs for 24 hours per day

Do I put them under MH bulbs now, or do I go straight to HPS?

I assume I should cut down to 18 hours per day of light when I go to HID lighting. Is this true?

Thanks. This is my first auto flower grow.

Hps and most use a 20/4 light schedule

Yes I say HPS and I usually run my autos on 24 hrs, I have done both and dont see much diff. good luck with the run they should be nice autos

stinkyelements said:
Yes I say HPS and I usually run my autos on 24 hrs, I have done both and dont see much diff. good luck with the run they should be nice autos

Thank you.

Greetings DJ - We like to give our autos 24/0 for the 1st 21 days, by then all our plants have shown their sex. Starting day 22 we add 30 minutes of darkness every 5th day and harvest on a 20/4 cycle. We run HPS for the entire grow as it increases our flower volume and weight. We have found that the best approach to light cycles is to just be consistent.

Is hps lighting good for entire grow on autos? I was reading in an old post that was what they were doing and seemed to work well.

doodlebug daddy said:
Is hps lighting good for entire grow on autos? I was reading in an old post that was what they were doing and seemed to work well.

I would just stick with the HPS and obviously adjust the height of the light accordingly. If you have a dimmable ballast, you may not have to have it that far away.

All the research I have done leads me to believe that micromanaging an auto grow really nets you nothing worth noting.

Keep it simple, keep it safe, and green mojo to you sir!

Auto-flowering cannabis seeds need airy soil, relatively low on nutrients. You can buy your soil from any specialized shop, because standard pot plant soil is not suitable for auto-flowering cannabis seeds.

budz4me said:
I would just stick with the HPS and obviously adjust the height of the light accordingly. If you have a dimmable ballast, you may not have to have it that far away.

All the research I have done leads me to believe that micromanaging an auto grow really nets you nothing worth noting.

Keep it simple, keep it safe, and green mojo to you sir!
:yeahthat: Keep it simple,,besides if ya didnt want to keep it simple,,theres no reason to grow Autos when Regular Strains will give ya a much better harvest for your time and money.

I'm running a HPS 400 24/7. It works pretty well. Good luck. :vap-leafy_wave:

Latest posts

Back