My First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuggaloKing69

JuggaloKing69
Reaction score
alright this is my first grow. I'm using 4 high commersh or middies whatever u wanna call it. I havent had money to invest in lights or other expensive needs. I'm only attempting this to get used to growing and see what works and what doesn't
I'm using my ps3 as my web browser so i''ll write in every week or 2. Pics will try to be up by Friday.
This is my setup I'm using 3 flourecent lights 1 a 17W grow light 2 ft.
a 15W 2 ft a 15W 1 ft. in a cabinet thats 5 ft by 2 1/2 ft. I need to know a cheap place to buy good lights 4 vegatative and flowering stages.
My plants are in seed starter kit and am using a special soil for seedlings ( forgot the name). Theyre about 2 weeks or less out of soil and have their single leaflets looking beautifull,the next set of leaves have been coming in for a few days and are an inch in length.
I have the door open all day with a fan blowing directly on them.
All help is needed. check in later 4 replies

ok this is the smallest 1 only pic

New_Cannabis_Seedling.jpg

your gonna need alot more lights as they grow. you can get 42watt cfls at walmart for around 8 bucks and you can add more as you need them. for flowering you can get a 400watt HPS at insidesun.com for 100 bucks, thats where i got mine. the best info i can give you is read read read. this site has tons of great information and alot of people ready and willing to help, they love pictures. show them pics of any problem you run into and you'll be amazed at all the help you get.. hope this help. good luck and have fun.

:yeahthat: and read, read, read.

Keep the lights as close as possible to the plants without burning them, makes a huge difference to avoid streching.

Good luck.

Looks good so far. You are definitely going to need some more light. With cfls, the more the better. Get as many cfls on the plants as possible without heat being an issue. I also recommend and hps system for flower. Your yield will be greatly improved if you drop some cash on a good light. Just my thoughts. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

:yeahthat: what smokey bear says he/she gives out good advise :hubba:
cute little babies tho good luck :peace:

i just transplanted one more.I am affraid I missed roots though. All that pulled up was 1 juicy root. I thought the soil would come with the roots but that didn't happen. You think it'll recover? The rest are slowly on their way.I need to get more lights.

Help gowing slowed down after i transplant it seems the 2 first leaves die off and the 2 real pot leaves yellow a little bit and start to curl down

did you just pull it up? i could be wrong but i thnk thats a bad idea. i always dig mine up or just turn the pot upside down and let the dirt and plant slide out in to my hand with the new pot ready and waiting. trans planting can slow down growth. since you pulled off all the roots off the tap root it will take it longer to recover, if it recovers at all. good luck

When you pulled it up you ripped off all the roots except one or two, of course growth is going to slow down if not stop! It sounds like you might of even killed your plant. You are supposed to turn the pot upside down and and tap it so the root ball comes with the plant. Research before you do anything...

So did you pull the plant out from the soil rather than taking the entire pot of soil with it? If you did, well then, lesson learned? :cool:

You were looking good. If it still had some root mass left, it will probably start growing more in no time. As for now, growth will be anything other than vigorous!

Plant growth tends to slow down or stop completely after a transplant. Transplant shock is pretty common. I would definitely not pull the plant out of the dirt though. To transplant, you turn the pot and plant upside down and transplant the entire dirt ball into your new pot. That keeps your roots alive and attached! They usually work better that way. Make sure to read, read, read. That will help you out a lot. You have to be willing to do the research to learn. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe. Keep us posted.

hey juggaloking dot feel to bad about transplanting we all make mistakes we dont want to repeat :hubba:
take a look at the druken seed gets lucky journal it shows you how to transplant easily ,,it works for me every time,,goodluck :peace:

All you have to do is gently squeeze the pot on its sides and turn it upside down and tap it out. It will come out everytime...

Latest posts

Back