Second grow, New journal, WITH PICS!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mawth420

mawth420
Reaction score
hey everyone!! i had another thread about my grow but just now got my pics uploaded so i figured i might as well just start another thread for it.

I'm growing 2 northern lights, 1 indica, and 8 bagseed plants. The northern lights are around 1 foot tall. and are doing very well. I got them from a friend (along with the indica plant) who grows once a year for himself. The 2 NL i just got last night so i really don't have too much to say about them. It's also my first time growing brand name bud.

The indica is a tad different story. I got it from my friend about a week ago. When they gave it to me i was told it was on 12/12 light cycle. So i kept it on that up until last night when i decided it was too small to be worth the 2 month flowering wait.

The bagseed plants are all almost 3 weeks old, and are doing AWESOME!!

I have everything under a 4 foot flouro, and im hanging a second one tonight. Ill be sure to update this, and keep pics coming.

PIC ORDER!!!
1, 2, & 3 are northern lights
4 & 5 are the indica
7 8 9 are the bagseed

ANY TIPS/INFO IS APPRECIATED

NL.jpg

NL2.jpg

NL3.jpg

indica2.jpg

Indica.jpg

bagseed.jpg

bagseed2.jpg

bagseed3.jpg

Looking good mawth420, keep it going.

Are you gonna use the flourescents through the entire grow, or flower under an HPS?

Good luck on your grow.;) Keep it up.:headbang:

thanks everyone!! im taking clones from the northern lights as we speak.

im gonna keep the flouros until the next grow. I need to save some cash to get better equipment. but i will eventuallt.

Looking good so far. The more light you can get on the ladies, the better. Cfls are pretty cheap so get as many as you can. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

thanks bigbuds!

thanks smoky!
can i get cfls at local garden shops?

Well I cloned both of my northern lights plants, one of them twice. I also cloned my indica plant once. The clones were droopy and were laying over when i first put them under the light but now i have them in an aluminum pan (the cheap ones you get at walmart for one time use) that has a plastic top. It works perfect. Its been an hour and a half and they are standing up now. I'm so excited! That was my first time ever cloning and im surprised it went so well.

Very nice! Cloning is a good skill to learn. It is a great way to continue different strains and preserve specific traits!

You can purchase CFL's at any hardware store but I don't believe you'll find them in your neighbourhood garden center. Some convenience stores sell CFL's around here. I go to either walmart or home depot for lights. Home depot even sells 70w HPS and the bulbs for 150. It does look like you need more light.

thanks man ... yeah i figured i'd clone the good stuff so i can get rid of the schwag and that'll save money, easier to keep stealthy, and leave more light for the good stuff

Clones are doing well. They're still very green and healthy looking, i mist them and let them get air quite frequently. i'm constantly going and checking on everything. I'll try to have pics up in a couple more days.

The plants i took the clones from are flowering (2NL and 1Indica) I cant wait for those to be done....

All of the bagseed is doing very good. Its growing nicely. Another week or two and ill start flowering them. I want to wait longer to increase the yield, but this is my first time going through the whole process and i'm not sure how long i can make myself wait to chief some homegrown :) ^(the first time i grew i moved and the plant died before i could flower it)

Take care everyone!

i started supercropping (pinching) my bagseed plants, still to early to tell if its working. They are growing beautifully. Most of them are starting to get their 4th set of leaves in. On a few of them i took tweezers and plucked out two of the little leaflets before they got big enough to grab with my fingers, and 2 branches are forming in their place.
So pretty much the operation is going very well, and i still cant get pics up for a few more days.... My camera only works when it wants to. lol ....

awesome bro, keep up the good work.
try not to pinch much before you put them into flower, or else they'll take tons longer to flower. I made that mistake the last grow.
can't wait for the pics.

choking_victim said:
awesome bro, keep up the good work.
try not to pinch much before you put them into flower, or else they'll take tons longer to flower. I made that mistake the last grow.
can't wait for the pics.

oh i thought you were supposed to pinch in veg.
???

Yeah ill try to have them up as soon as i can. it takes quite a bit of time to get them from camera to website. lol.. ill have to take the pics download them and then fiddle with them to get them on here. .

Thanks for the tip!!.

Well, its been a couple days since ive gotten on the computer. STATUS REPORT__ Not sure about the clones' health. I was gone saturday (24th) at a concert ALL day so i couldnt mist them. During that period of time 2 of them turned yellow. So i've been paying special attention to them. Those two are starting to get a little bit better but not much. A 3rd one has a tiny yellow spot on it but its not major. The rest of the plants are doing really well. The NL and Indica are almost a week into flowering, I CANT WAIT FOR THEM TO FINISH!!! The bagseed plants are doing amazing~!! They get bigger every hour it seems. The 2 branches that grew as a resutly of a tweez-fest have their leaves now, so i tweezed them too! It should really help me bush out the plants and get the most out of my plants. (hopefully)

Thanks to everyone watching!!

p.s. PICS ARE BEING DELAYED FOR A COUPLE WEEKS!!!

mawth420 said:
oh i thought you were supposed to pinch in veg.
???

You are supposed to pinch in veg. just give them at least a week to heal from your last pinch, so they'll be ready to concentrate all of their 'energy' into flowering.

Well first of all, Thanks to everyone watching.

Choke- thanks for the tip, i was pinching them every few days but it did stunt their growth a little, so ill give 'em more time to heal

Sportcar- thank you.

NOW FOR THE PLANTS!!!!

2 of my NL clones are taking root! one has a nice long tap root. and the other is starting to develop roots. I havent checked the other two yet.

My bagseed babies are AMAZING!!!!! I never thought schwag could look so beautiful! I'm starting their flowring a week from today (maybe sooner if get to impatient).

i noticed a couple days ago that there were some little gnat looking bugs flying around in my grow closet. Their eating holes in two of my plants and i think they are comig from the dirt. Anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them?

Also, My clone mothers (2 NL and 1 indica) are flowering beautifully, the bud sites are becoming prominent. AND BOY DO THEY SMELL DANK!!!!!

Welp, thanks to everyone watching and happy late memorial day.

Wal Mart CFL Light is $12 and bulbs are $6 so your total is about 20 bucks for a 4 foot CFL.

Good Luck and Be Safe.

Latest posts

Back