Some start up questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nupe05

Reaction score
good day guys/ladies

Im in the process off starting my first grow, I'm runnng 4, 4ft t5's for veg, and than switching to 1000w HID in a 4x4x6.5 tent. Im using LC's soilles Mix #2 with FFOF as the base, and recipe #2..

My question. After i germ seeds will it be safe to place seedlings in the LC mix, or should i germ and place seedlings in FFOF only (using 16oz cups).. was thinking the mix would be to hot for seedlings.. I also plan on cloning and was thinking the same would hold true for the clones as well.

any other recommendations are greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

lets worry about cloneing when we get there my friend...lets start with the seedlings..Im not familure with LC soilless some info would be nice...I know the FFOF is a bit Hot I would get some nice seed mix move your seedlings into those solo cups..then when ya transplant...the plant will be strong enough to take the FFOF...Hope this helps..

take care and be safe:48:

4U is right on. FF sells a seed mixture. I put my clones right in the ffof, but I wouldn't do a seed. too hot.Good luck and it sounds like you got the best lighting.

4u2sm0ke said:
lets worry about cloneing when we get there my friend...lets start with the seedlings..Im not familure with LC soilless some info would be nice...I know the FFOF is a bit Hot I would get some nice seed mix move your seedlings into those solo cups..then when ya transplant...the plant will be strong enough to take the FFOF...Hope this helps..

take care and be safe:48:
LC's Soiless Mix #2:
6 parts Pro Mix BX or HP / Sunshine Mix (any flavor from #1 up) / Fox Farm Ocean Forest or Light Warrior
2 parts perlite
2 parts earthworm castings
Powdered (NOT PELLETIZED) dolomite lime @ 2 tablespoons per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of the soiless mix.
If you use a 3 qt. saucepan as “parts” in the amounts given above, it equals about 1 cu. ft. of soiless mix and you can just dump in a cup of powdered dolomite lime.
But, a "part" can be anything from a tablespoon to a five gallon bucket. Just use the same item for all of the "parts".

Now for the plants organic food source

Choose one of these organic plant food recipes to add to LC's Soiless Mix.

RECIPE #1
If you want to use organic nutes like blood, bone and kelp...
Dry Ferts:
1 tablespoon blood meal per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of soil mix
2 tablespoons bone meal per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of soil mix
1-tablespoon kelp meal per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of soil mix or Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract as directed
(OPTIONAL) 1 tablespoon per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of Jersey Greensand to supplement the K (potasium) in the Kelp Meal and seaweed extract.

Latest posts

Back