i am at a loss...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks gnarly! Is your cat having a snack here or there? Lol i seen the kitty, so i thought id ask. Looks like its getting fimmed here and there, constantly. Its very bushy-ish. Have you topped? Sorry if i missed any info.

Looks like a mutant cabbage to me. Even if it does recover I wouldn't have much faith in it ever producing a whole lot of bud. If you have room for it, see how it does out of curiosity. If you're short of space I'd put it to rest I'm afraid.

I've had a handful of mutants of the years, sometimes you just get them.

lol. it is not the end of the world for me. thanks for the well wishes and words of encouragement though.

yes. i repotted her into some fresh soil. shook off a bunch of the old soil from the root ball. i am out of town at the moment but my sons have not said she is dead so she must not be ;). i should be home on saturday so i will post some pics then.

1st off you should soak the old soil off the roots, ,not shake. Shaking could l break the roots .

Pulling for yea fogey

Can you give stank some tips on the PB ?
She is a light feeder right ? Did you top etc
Thanks

stank - i do not feel qualified to give you any tips on the buckeye purple as i have failed and failed hard on my first attempt. i planted 3 seeds. one sprouted and the epic fail i have posted for my journal is the result. one did not sprout at all. the other grew straight down because i had it on top of my water heater and apparently seedling seek heat. i have a 4th in soil right now. mel says it is a light feeder though. i am sure she knows her stuff. i have not fed mine in weeks and the new growth actually looks healthy. maybe the soil i am in (roots organics green lite) is 'hot'. mel recommends topping her once after like the 6th or 7th node then again a couple weeks before flower(if i recall correctly). she said it is not a good plant for too much lst or scrog'ing. it is a peculiar plant or at least mine it. she is still alive and looking grouchy living with some sprouts(one super buckeye and one la woman) and my tomatoes and peppers...

View attachment IMG_0610.jpg

View attachment IMG_0611.jpg

hmmm.. why don't you try the dutch bucket style flush next time you water, i recommend that: wait until soil is dry and airy, bring a bucket of clean water, put the plant's pot in up until almost the surface of the soil, let it sit for 15 mins, then drain it well, empty your water refill with 1/2-2/3 strength ferts sink the plant again in there for a couple of minutes then drain it well. you will flush the salts from you soil and give it fresh food, jmo

Fogey I think your super qualified as you have tryed to grow the PB . I have a grow log and it is a super picky plant.

Hey boys, mine is a month and a half old and is liking half strength ferts, going to bump it up next feed.

Yes I agree MR1 I'm less than a month in and found half strength green planet nutes to have them looking good again

that might be my problem. i was feeding her the same as the super buckeyes which seemed to thrive more and more on higher and higher dosages of nutes.

the dutch bucket may be worth a try. i am going to just let her chill for now but if the sprouts start to get about half her size without any improvement, i think i will give it a go.

mr1 - you grow some monster looking plants so i will follow along with your recommendations anyday...

Oldfogey, I was actually watching you, went with really light feed but they did not not like it so I upped the ppm's, (about 600 ppm total with my tap water being 200ppm) and saw a big improvement.
Hope she comes around for you Oldfogey.

Latest posts

Back