seed production to avoid buying more seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayceone987

Reaction score
hello everyone ive been doing alot of research on how to get the auto's to produce seeds and i wanto see if anyone on here knows about this at all before i persue trying to do this on my own.

my plan was to take a standard bubblicious male and polunate the female bubbleicous autoflower and have it produce seeds.

on the other hand i have gathered up i can make the autoflower hermie wich would result in all females seeds?????

You seem to have some serious misconceptions--what have you been reading?

Hermies are hermies. Making a plant hermie does not produce female seeds, it produces hermie seeds. There is far far more to making female seeds or we would all be doing it.

Breeders work many many generations to get stable autos--and even then a lot of them do not auto. And you are proposing starting out with only 25% ruderalis genetics. Breeders start with a 100% ruderalis which they cross with a photoperiod plant. Do you have the space, time, patience, and money to grow hundreds of plants and keep picking the best ones to continue breeding? This is going to take years.

Why don't you just grow some regular Bubblicious and learn to clone? The photoperiod plants are simply better than the autos (which are half ruderalis), having better quality and yield. If you clone, you can get all exact copies of the mom and get finished plants in almost the same time an auto takes to produce, but use less electricity and end up with a far better product.

jayceone987 said:
hello everyone ive been doing alot of research on how to get the auto's to produce seeds and i wanto see if anyone on here knows about this at all before i persue trying to do this on my own.

my plan was to take a standard bubblicious male and polunate the female bubbleicous autoflower and have it produce seeds.

on the other hand i have gathered up i can make the autoflower hermie wich would result in all females seeds?????

This wouldn't produce auto seeds and would require a further several generations of inbreeding and selection to get a true auto plant population.

Why not get some regular auto's and just let all the boys pollinate the girls and then you'll have thousands of auto seeds.

But I'd listen to The Hemp Goddess as auto's really don't compare with the real deal although they are much better than when they first came on the scene but even so, a good well selected 9 week clone just blows away auto's in terms of quality and yield.

I got given a tester of an auto by Big Buddha at the last Spannabis hemp fair
and which wasn't too shabby but still it just doesn't have, or has something suppressed by, the Ruderalis side of the equation.

Ruderalis are small, wimpy plants with very light flower production, very little THC and a proclivity to express both sexes . . . their only value is in the early flowering trait, and that's just not worth it for me. Rudy and Herm are both male names - not what I want in my garden

Take 2 auto flower seeds...
Start one. At the end of 3 weeks start hitting her with colodial silver (strong home generated stuff). Keep spraying until she turns and her balls drop (Note, NOT nanners).

5 weeks after you start the first, start the second. When pollen is about right, the reciever will be ready to recieve. Let grow 'til half past dead. Dry, extract seeds. They're ready to go.

You can polinate a whoe plant or just a branch or so. Same with the F->M change for pollen.

A bit tricky until you feel comfty,, then it's a no-brainer.

Stick with auto seeds throughout and you can cross autos with ease. Crossing with photoperiods is a task!

canon said:
Take 2 auto flower seeds...
At the end of 3 weeks start hitting her with colodial silver (strong home generated stuff). Keep spraying until she turns and her balls drop (Note, NOT nanners).

Isnt this bringing the hermie out in the plant....

Yes any time you in any way force a female plant the produce male flower you are causing the plant to produce the hormones that cause it hermaphrodite into a dual sex plant.

in his best Dave Hester voice..."yUUUUUUUUp!"...:p

Huge difference between nannas and balls.

Contents dictate hermies.

Whatever, All I'm saying is, it works and works well but you must "control".
If not done with good control you will get nannas and hermies,, but it's not uncontrolable to determine outcome.

I've been CS F-> M for awhile. Never a "hermie" when nannas were avoided.
Weak CS will nanna.
Strong CS will revert.
Really, it's that simple.

I know, I'm a newbie on this site. (Been growing off / on since late 60's) Not new to growing at all.
But can't blame anyone for the distrust either.

Peace!

:postpicsworthless:

IMG_0047 (600 x 450).jpg

IMG_0044 (600 x 450).jpg

IMG_0003 (450 x 600).jpg

Love yer pics, bud. Keeper up and tell us how it turns out for ya :)

:peace:

canon said:
Crossing with photoperiods is a task!

Not to be flippant in regards to your comments, but whipping up a good strong homemade batch of colloidal silver is . . . . well, it's a task I really have never found necessary . . . my task is only to pick out the strongest females, pick out the strongest males, and put the male pollen on the female calyxes . . .

I don't understand what distinction you are trying to make between "nannas", or "nanners", and "balls", or whatever all the nicknames are . . . but we're talking about the same thing, no matter what technique you use . . . stamens - the botanical name for the male reproductive part of the plant, where pollen is produced

No disrespect or distrust of you or your comments intended, sir . . . but I prefer strictly dioecious, photoperiod cannabis . . . any autos or anything showing tendencies toward expression of both sexes on the same plant is strictly off limits for my garden.

Your method may be perfectly legitimate, and you may employ it with success as you define it, but it seems to me that it could be no more of a task to simply allow strongly gynoecious female and strongly androecious male cannabis plants to exchange genetic material naturally and produce strongly dioecious offspring

jm2c :48:

Dan K. Liberty said:
Not to be flippant in regards to your comments, but whipping up a good strong homemade batch of colloidal silver is . . . . well, it's a task I really have never found necessary . . . my task is only to pick out the strongest females, pick out the strongest males, and put the male pollen on the female calyxes . . .

I don't understand what distinction you are trying to make between "nannas", or "nanners", and "balls", or whatever all the nicknames are . . . but we're talking about the same thing, no matter what technique you use . . . stamens - the botanical name for the male reproductive part of the plant, where pollen is produced

No disrespect or distrust of you or your comments intended, sir . . . but I prefer strictly dioecious, photoperiod cannabis . . . any autos or anything showing tendencies toward expression of both sexes on the same plant is strictly off limits for my garden.

One should study the difference between nannas & male balls early in the persuit of understanding this reversal technique. Some of the Breeder sites will even confirm as to how they maintain "Auto Feminized Seeds" id you'll search. I believe "Short Stuff Seeds has (or had) info on the topic. Some use STS, But I've better results with CS.
Making CS is as easy as falling off a log (I do it in my sleep). No biggie whatsoever. You really need to understand the difference between reverted and hermied first, or you'll never grasp the method.

Your method may be perfectly legitimate, and you may employ it with success as you define it, but it seems to me that it could be no more of a task to simply allow strongly gynoecious female and strongly androecious male cannabis plants to exchange genetic material naturally and produce strongly dioecious offspring

jm2c :48:

Strong points.
Unfortunately, many Autos are not available in "Regular" seeds. Only Feminized. What I'm doing is making all feminized seeds from Feminized plants.

Again,, huge difference between nannas and balls.
Reverting a female to male is not 1/2 way reversed (as in nanna / hermie). It's full male pollen reversal.

Tons of info on the WWW on this issue. I'd love to post some suportive links, but not sure if it's allowed to post such things. I know many sites don't like it and without making a big deal of it.. simply not until I feel the need to research sites' intent.

you can post just no live links. replace the web addresses from tt's to xx's and we can copy&paste into our own browser.

7greeneyes said:
you can post just no live links. replace the web addresses from tt's to xx's and we can copy&paste into our own browser.

(Hope I understand this right)

Try this hxxps://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?t=59764&highlight=colodial+silver&page=2 (fixed)

Added; hxxps://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?t=60610&highlight=colodial+silver

Of special interest, Post #18
Picked that particular one because of open ideas exchanged. But if you're interested it'll be enough to get you thinking about your own search and gleem.

Seriously, I'm not B.S. I've grown awhile and it truely is as easy as falling off a log once you get comfortable.
The making of a CS generator is soo easy to make and use,, it's crazy simple.

This is how many "Auto" breeders do their stock. Many don't bother with male plants at all after the base with Ruderalis is established. There's simply no need. CS or STS is the way. More control over phenos and all. Just like "cloning" but with seed instead of cuttings.
Frankly, I'm having way better results with very strong CS as compared to STS in many of it's forms / uses / methods.

To make a generator all that's needed is a 12v inverter (like from a old phone charger, toy, etc, some 99% pure silver wire (cheap as **** on Ebay), a glass, and (I prefer) distilled water. That's it.
Plug it in, turn it on, go to bed. After dinner, done and ready to use.
No hazardous chemicals or controlled substances like STS. (Stealth in the mails)

This is the whole "generator" kit; (L/s Kit w/ 9 volt radio batteries... Right pix AC adapter / inverter Both work well)

17862CS_gen-thumb.jpg

34g0vms.jpg

Ooops.
Looking back over this, I think we have photoperiod folks mixed in with Autos on the Auto thread?

What I've been saying is directed towards Autos because males are scarce in breeds.

But, even for photoperiods it's so much nicer to keep clone seeds than a mom plant.
Plus from seed you can do some training easier with young plants from seed that is a bit more difficult with already mature clones. Like in topping for multiple colas and such.
While 12/12 from clone is a fine thing,, 12/12 from seed gives a healthier, more robust plant with some better developement. Naturally tends to veg for 5+ weeks with seed and I feel the root system is better suited if you're into "pushing" a plant at all.

For many these would be moot points. But they matter to me in my efforts.

That's why they still make Chevies. Not everyone wants a VW. ;)

EDIT;
Here's more good info on CS and seeds. hxxps://www.autoflower.net/forums/f8/definitive-colloidal-silver-tutorial-9878.html (fixed)

An example of how to post a live link

hXXp://marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=790655#post790655 (But I believe that live links are allowed if they stay within MP site)

The Silver Bullet Special said:
5 (But I believe that live links are allowed if they stay within MP site)

yUUUUUUUUp! :p

The Silver Bullet Special said:
An example of how to post a live link

hXXp://marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=790655#post790655 (But I believe that live links are allowed if they stay within MP site)

Think I finally got it right (Check it out?).

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back