Leaves loosing color and dieing off need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will definately try it again maybe next weekend they seem to be doing very well now

snipped

Sopappy no worries, I appreciate the input and it helped me to learn.

Well, I really shouldn't have commented but I was trying to get you to leave it alone :)
I learn stuff that way too and don't do too much harm. I've had mine at 6.0 - 6.2 since I read it, they're fine.

keeping mine at 5.5 has made it explode with growth. posted new pics

PH is so critical with hydro. Glad that getting your pH in line and adding some cal-mag has helped you.

very cool. Don't try to hold it still. Let it drift and see which way it goes then every other day or every few days, readjust it. I think this works better as it allows those nutrients that are best absorbed at different pH to be each absorbed best in its time as the pH drifts.

I let it drift to 5.8-5.9 then knock it back down

I let it drift to 5.8-5.9 then knock it back down

I'm trying 5.7 this time (to 6.3) on account of that's where I ended up after 1 mil of pH down. If I try to hit 5.6, I'll be at 4.4 :rofl:

How much water do you try to adjust?

I'm trying 5.7 this time (to 6.3) on account of that's where I ended up after 1 mil of pH down. If I try to hit 5.6, I'll be at 4.4 :rofl:
I know what you mean there. You try to make fine adjustments (especially on smaller amounts of water and you end up overshooting the number you want. I have found (with mine) that adjusting down doesn't take but half as much buffer as adjusting up.

I have about 35gal in my flower space rez and then I have a veg space that is currently flowering an auto, and the rez in that is about 5gal. The 5gal rez is actually easier to adjust because all the water is in 1 location beneath the plant. While the big rez is interconnected to 3 large totes so that about 1/3 of the water is not in the main rez. For that I have to make adjustments then wait a couple hours for it to circulate through before I can check it.

I find for smaller amounts its easier to use number of drops, start with 1 drop, I use this for single gallon mixes

I know what you mean there. You try to make fine adjustments (especially on smaller amounts of water and you end up overshooting the number you want. I have found (with mine) that adjusting down doesn't take but half as much buffer as adjusting up.

I have about 35gal in my flower space rez and then I have a veg space that is currently flowering an auto, and the rez in that is about 5gal. The 5gal rez is actually easier to adjust because all the water is in 1 location beneath the plant. While the big rez is interconnected to 3 large totes so that about 1/3 of the water is not in the main rez. For that I have to make adjustments then wait a couple hours for it to circulate through before I can check it.

After awhile, my log should show my amounts, now it just warns me if I'm waaay off. :) I must admit it doesn't seem as frustrating as it used to be.

Hey Gooch,
I saw a video with a CO2 monitor, it was AMAZING how much ppm the guy generated just yakking in the room! He was unimpressed with the bags.
I'm in my rooms a lot. Now, I turn off exhaust and ventilation while I'm in there.

got a link? I am looking into a generator and distribution system, not for this grow or even the next one but likely for the one following that ;-)

got a link? I am looking into a generator and distribution system, not for this grow or even the next one but likely for the one following that ;-)

I'm not sure you should see this video. It's pretty demoralizing. It looks like he's growing in his living room, half-assed ventilation, clean? sealed?

Hard to argue with his results though.....
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPod_aMYJnI"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPod_aMYJnI[/ame]

I think it's the light and light mover that get him those yields.
That ac unit should be spewing stink outside, no?
and a sealed room?
This is a bust waiting to happen, no?

lol he said maybe if you have a little 4x4 tent or something bags may work(28 minutes) lol and i have a 4x4 tent, no this guy is not going to get busted, the air conditioner doesn't pump air out it pulls air in, and im not even sure that is on an exterior wall i think he said he was pulling the air from his house, but i could be wrong.

If you have enough space, you could get some rabbits and put them in the space or if your grow tent is in a larger room, you could put some dogs, cats, rabbits, etc in that room and they will generate a considerable amount of co2. :)

If you have enough space, you could get some rabbits and put them in the space or if your grow tent is in a larger room, you could put some dogs, cats, rabbits, etc in that room and they will generate a considerable amount of co2. :)

soooo true, HP.... I am seriously thinking about guinea pigs, they are easy peasy, nice little easy to clean up pellet poops hahahaha and a little lettuce goes a looooong way....
and I get a kick outa how they squeel when you come in to their space to feed 'em

lol he said maybe if you have a little 4x4 tent or something bags may work(28 minutes) lol and i have a 4x4 tent, no this guy is not going to get busted, the air conditioner doesn't pump air out it pulls air in, and im not even sure that is on an exterior wall i think he said he was pulling the air from his house, but i could be wrong.

Something wrong there, Gooch. That a/c has to expel hot (stinky) air somewhere. I don't believe the guy doesn't have an odor problem. Maybe he's 20 stories in the air but I sure thought that was a sloppy looking grow room... carpets, drapes, materials, no panda, no tents, yuck!
I can't believe he doesn't have bugs!

ok i agree with all that but bugs typically come with soil, but i think the ac is still inside the house, i dont personally care about odor, but i found it very interesting that in the mess he had going on he had giant colas, so whatever he is doing it appears to be working well

Latest posts

Back