Need advice on problem in week 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

000StankDank000

Reaction score
Ok a real good friend of mine with 20 plus years of growing is having a crazy problem. His room is very clean and very well controlled. 8 light room , Rockwool drip system . The genetics are known and been grown before.

It seems the plants on the right Rez are having a very odd problem. The buds are not growing and are shrivelling up going brown. I will post pics when I get them uploaded. The plants are growing well and are a good color but the buds are not growing. The plants on the other Rez are fine . Except 2 plants he put on that side that came from the other side.
He mentioned that the mothers were not 100% when he took the clones but even the clones I gave him have " AIDS" now. We are stumped.

What would cause buts not to grow but the rest of the plant?
Pictures to follow

:bump:Bump I don't know about drip systems..

Hushpuppy? THG?

looking forward to the pics.,
it's not mold eh?
the roots look healthy?

odd the plant looks good, but the buds don't.. all i can think off the top of my head is botrytis.. but i kinda doubt it; you guys would know.

definitely need to see some pics on that one. It almost sounds like a pathogen or a genetic malfunction.

What do the leaves look like when they aren't under HPS? what is the color? Is there varigation in the color on the leaves? Very interesting and horrifying.

Rose.
The plants look good. That's the scary part.

Just the buds looks eaten and very small. These are known strains . That 3rd pic is C99. Week 5 looks like ****

I assume you looked at them with a loupe and didn't see any insects or mold?

Yes scoped with multiple scopes even one that connects to a computer.

I have 4 clones from one of the mothers part of me wants to throw them away and pasrt of me wants to see if it happens to mine.

Need input this is for a medical garden for patients very sad and need to find out WHY so it doesn't happen again.

Yes it sounds pretty scary... your friend will become the expert when you figure it out.. I wonder if Duck knows?

stank will teach you guys
its called " Dudding" its from broad mites russet mites. they eat the bud flowers and are even worse then spider mites. 150+ plants taken to the dump. only super rare phenos were kept and put in a super strict retuine.

Watch out for this it is the worst bug known to MJ

That is very interesting. I would not have thought bugs from just looking at those buds. Fortunately I have never had to deal with anything other than fungus gnats and thrips so my experience is weak where infestations are concerned.
How did you figure that out?

ok this will sound conceded but . I was invited over to take a look and as soon as I walked in the room I was like " Holly F you got russet mites like meddicropper" medicropper is a huge youtube grower who just went threw this same problem.

my buddy with 20+ years was in denial BIG TIME. so I took pics and said I would research it for him.
I did and it all points to Mites.

made my buddy go in just as lights were going on as the bugs hate heat and sure enough feasting on the nug hairs were the little %$#$@

my buddy is taking a HUGE hit 2 production sites down.

now I'm super paranoid my veg tent is getting avid 3 times now

That's not conceited at all. You saw stuff and remembered the symptoms and then passed on the knowledge. You could've been wrong as it was something not real familiar to you from personal experience, but personal enough that the images stayed with you so that you were 99% sure. And it proved itself out. Good catch and call :)

its funny as I was reading this, I was thinking russet mites in the back of my head

Do these Russets appear in veg, or just the flower stage?

I found these mites on my clones i got from another state...YUCK, i just ordered Neoseiulus fallacis - 1,000 beneficial mites... woohoo.

Latest posts

Back