Bin Left Outside --- Can I Still Make Soil In It For Indoor Grow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HazePhase

Reaction score
Hello,

I made a batch of soil about a month ago and the bin has been left outside since then.
There is still ice in it and some water and ground so the weather has been very cold... doubtful of any bugs but i don't know.

I am going to be making more soil tomorrow and will be using this bin and I was wondering if this would be safe or how i should clean it or what not as I am limited to the outdoors without a hose due to the cold weather.

Any tips would be great as I don't want to ruin my entire grow over the new soil.
I am probably over thinking things but please enlighten me.
Thank you everyone!!!!
Edit Report

Bring it in and look at it after it thaws.. do you have an eye loupe to look for bugs? Has it been freezing for the last month? If it has been frozen for a month i would think it would be ok, but i would look just to make sure.

Bring it in and look at it after it thaws.. do you have an eye loupe to look for bugs? Has it been freezing for the last month? If it has been frozen for a month i would think it would be ok, but i would look just to make sure.

I decided not to take any chances and I am going to be using bleach tomorrow with water and dry it and make it.
I cleaned it out tonight with water and it's sitting outside :):joint4:

If you put bleach in your dirt you are no longer organic and you will lose any beneficial microorganisms.

It should be ok, unless you have an investation.
My soil is outside for months.
If still concerned you can bake it at 250° for 10 to 20 minutes.

I am not getting what your concern is over the older soil?

Latest posts

Back