Pinching question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ray jay

Reaction score
Hi Guy and Gals, I have some Indica plants growing outside. There 3' tall right now. I pinched them, will this keep the from growing any higher? If not how big does a Indica plant usually get to be? Thanks in advance.

By pinching do you mean just bruising the stem by "pinching it" or do you mean topping where you cut the top right off? The reason I ask is in my neck of the woods pinching is the same as topping! But I no some people consider them 2 different things! I think either way you'll stop vertical growth until the plant recovers and then you'd have to repeat the process!

Phatpharmer

Most indicas are relatively short. Pinching or topping the plant will slow initial growth immedeatly but will stress the plant some and can postpone finishing time. This practice is popular however and tends to force the plant to move growth hormones into the branches of the plant creating a bushier structure. If your strain contains any sativa blended into it very well could get large on you depending on it's growth stage. I've found topping and pinching earlier typically have better results. Good luck.

Pinching off the top of any marijuana plant sativa or indica will cause it to be shorter and branch out.

Height and size depends on:

1. breed
2. how long you veg
3. size of container

I like mine around 2 to 3 feet but I have learned I can make them grow as high or low as I want them.

Sativas grow 6 to 10 feet easy in closet.. Yes .. trust me. I know this.. learning curve involved.

Outside in say um.. Australia? they can grow larger than most residential buildings... hugh

sorry, can't be more specific.

ray jay said:
Hi Guy and Gals, I have some Indica plants growing outside. There 3' tall right now. I pinched them, will this keep the from growing any higher? If not how big does a Indica plant usually get to be? Thanks in advance.

Yes it will if ya just pinched the top...I like to pinch hard and snap the stalk this slows down the highth for a bit but she starts growing again..but now has about 6 colas..i can pinch again if choose...and by doing this does not have an affect on finishing time..for whoever up there said that..sorry....as for the hieght one can grow way to many variables..I have both in garden one over 7 feet..and another snapped neck at 7 feet..but woulda been 9-10 feet by now...good luck take care and be safe

If it is a pure indica it is not likely to get much bigger.

4u2sm0ke said:
Yes it will if ya just pinched the top...I like to pinch hard and snap the stalk this slows down the highth for a bit but she starts growing again..but now has about 6 colas.

This can also be accomplished by cutting the fan leaves at every other node side ( every other week or so) which will still the plant to gain hieght but more importantly get more "node" or bud sites.

(.i can pinch again if choose...and by doing this does not have an affect on finishing time)

This true as finnishing time has a couple of variations. BUT...excuse me if im wrong but this is more along VEGetation growth / pruning than Lst, etc. Which in combination will give you something serious everytime FOR flowering.
**Always hard to cappture the voice via the written word for me...

..for whoever up there said that..sorry....as for the hieght one can grow way to many variables..I have both in garden one over 7 feet..and another snapped neck at 7 feet..but woulda been 9-10 feet by now...good luck take care and be safe

Hope yopu all can read in between the lines as it were.

yeah indicas are the tight-noded cannabis race i suppose
they do everything shorter pretty much, even the stretch they
do when 12/12 is applied isnt as drastic :stoned:
i :heart: indica :eek:

Hi guys here is a pic of some of the girls.

000_0195-6.JPG

Terminal Head Clearance said:
Pinching off the top of any marijuana plant sativa or indica will cause it to be shorter and branch out.

Height and size depends on:

1. breed
2. how long you veg
3. size of container

I like mine around 2 to 3 feet but I have learned I can make them grow as high or low as I want them.

Sativas grow 6 to 10 feet easy in closet.. Yes .. trust me. I know this.. learning curve involved.

Outside in say um.. Australia? they can grow larger than most residential buildings... hugh

sorry, can't be more specific.
good info :)

Nice looking Ladies ....ray jay

:bong: how did the pinch go?

hay guys thanks for the feed back. Pinching went fine still tied them down, getting to tall for my area.But there still doing well. Ray Jay

ya those are getting big, soon enough they might be over the fence if you dont get to topping ha ha

those are real nice though, i hope that neighbor in the back is cool with it

I hope the odor is not a problem with neighbors so close.

Latest posts

Back