DWC-chemical to organic....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannabiscotti

Reaction score
so my first grow-i'm just over 4 weeks into flowering with some bagseed. DWC with sensi grow and bloom nutes. i've got 3 plants from different bags of seed. i'm almost posititve i'll be harvesting at different times. so far, my heavyest producer has nice bud allover. the others have a few nice buds and some that have just started developing. i've got a few questions concerning hydro-organics.

if DWCing with 100% organic compost teas, does there need to be a flush at the end before harvesting?--if the best tasting stuff comes from totally organic soil grows, then why would one need to flush??

can i go from a chemical fert grow, to an organic (both DWC) in the middle of the grow? instead of flushing for 1-2 weeks before harvest of the first plant, i'd like the other 2 plants to continue recieveing nutes as much as possible. if i don't need to flush before harvest, i could use this, or switch to an organic nute after the first is harvested.

i just want to optimize my taste, but at the same time i don't want my 8-9week into flower plants going without nutes for so long-especially if they end up taking like 13-14 weeks. they seem very sativa looking to me.
what do you guys think?

Flushing removes excess nutes from the leaves, roots and plant matter. Un-flushed plants produce harsh weed. A plant should start to yellow typically torwards the end of it's cycle do to the flushing. With-out nutes photosynthesis basically stops and stored energy and food is used to continue growth untill maturation. Natural flavors will be better if flushed.

You can switch to organics - in-fact many would suggest it. Lots of Nutrients are chemical/organic blends to make sure the plants gets all it needs.

Watch your plant for typical signs of ending it's flowering cycle. I know it's hard to predict when a plant will finish but flushing early and often is not a problem usually. The buds will mature naturally and I promise they'll taste better with flushing. I personally flush for at least 2 waterings or a minimum of 10 days prior to harvest. Good luck.....

Latest posts

Back