Harvest time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franco3420

Half assed gardener
Reaction score
My plants have been flowering, indoors, for 76 days. The trichomes, {I view them with a Radio Shack Microscope}, are clear to cloudy. When I view them at the end of the 12hour light cycle I notice they become mostly cloudy. I see no Ambers yet. Trying to figure out why the trichomes are taking so long to turn Amber. Is 76 days a normal amount of time? When we buy the seeds they say 8-10 weeks. I'm past that now. Any input would be great.

Are you checking with lights on?
Pull a leaf and look under natural light. They are done when you see what you want in Amber, milky,clear percentages.

Carry the pot out of your room and check it under natural/ normal lights, look in the buds they will start to Amber before the sugar leaves imo.

76 days is not bad for a 10 week. Seed companies tea are sketchy at best. They're all under optimal conditions! Trichs are the only way to tell when it's ready to give you the effect you want

Pull a leaf or a bud?

Just clip a small leaf. Put that on a hard surface and check the trichs under natural light. I have never found that the buds amber up any faster than the little sugar leaves.

I will try the leaf method. I use the microscope because I have been reading that checking the trichomes is the best method. This morning I noticed many more cloudy trichs. I imagine some will turn amber in the next few days/week. That's when I will harvest.
Thanks for the input everyone, I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back