Huge Leaves ? Rule Of Thunb ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunkin2

Reaction score
i have a couple 2 month olds in flowering 6 days, 10 in 18 days of veg. in another box. both grow huge leaves. i have been cutting back for more light to the little sprouts but in all perspective the plants seem to grow fine with the huge leaves. by huge (as big or bigger then my hand with stems thicker than ink tube in bic pen.
whatta think of this?

You shouldn't trim those larger leaves. Leaves are necessary for photosynthesis and store food for the plant. As you said the plant grows fine with the large leaves.

I'm pretty sure that 70% of the light passes through the leaf. If you want to give the little buds more light try gently bending or tying them out of the way.

have you thought about adding a small light underneath the plant?

****,nothing wrong with that man sounds like it's growing like a veteran to me!

Just like Runbyhemp said leave them big fan leaves alone.They are the solar pannels for your plant,and they store food for your plants to flower nice big buds,then durning flowering they will turn yellow then thats when you will want to take them off.If you feel like they are in the way to much,take like kite string and loosley tie the big fan leaves in to help let more light threw.But dont take them until your plant use's up the stored nutrients in the leaves.Hope this helps.Keep it GREEN:hubba:

maineharvest said:
have you thought about adding a small light underneath the plant?

I have, I had A 150 HPS under my grow, the only results I seen were a bud clump that grew near the light.

I reccomend not ever ever pulling anything off of your plant that isn't shriveled and dead and hanging. You should never pluck fan leaves , they are your energy stations and do the work to produce the buds.

As was said above.... if you can get some supplemental lighting for the plants then do that. Otherwise.. as the saying goes , tuck don't pluck...

Latest posts

Back