Iso Hash Oil

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just made did my 1st run of the iso, i have a question, all the liquid is now evaporated what i have left now is a goldish black stickness on the bottom of my pyrex do i just scrape this up with the razor? here is a pic of what is left

DVC00503.JPG

thanks for the quick response stoney! i appreciate it!

of oil last night. Was made out of 100% of sativa bud.

It launched me to another world..... I was ripped for 3 hours off 3 hits of it on top of some bud. When I do this, I plan on staying put for a while.......;)

Here's what it looked like......... Some of it was the color of honey before I scraped it all together.

Wish I could share a toke for real...................:) It's yummy!

000_0036.jpg

000_0037.jpg

I like it... The wife and I moved a few months ago, had to cross the boarder into Canada and than into the U.S. We were pretty freaked about crossing with our stash, so I used this method, made oil, put it into several Carmex containers and we passed through like no big deal... It burns for ever and when mixed with some dried out shake, very nice to smoke...

One more thing that I found when I did this... I would put in a batch of the liquid form, let it sit until all the ISO evaporated, than I put in another batch without scraping what was in the plate... I actually did about 4 batches of ISO liquid in one sitting... What it did was make a hell of a lot of goo in the plate. It made it much easier to scrape the plate; the basic handling of the goo was a lot easier... Just a note...

Pot Belly said:
of oil last night. Was made out of 100% of sativa bud.

It launched me to another world..... I was ripped for 3 hours off 3 hits of it on top of some bud.

Wish I could share a toke for real!

Congrats on your oil, man!!!!

Yes, it sure is great to have a weed/oil mix to smoke. If you use world class weed to make your oil and then mix it with world class weed to smoke it, there is NOBODY on the planet that has better smoke!

The best thing I ever did was to make an entire pound of weed into oil. I got 100 grams of oil and I mix it with Aurora Indica every time I smoke now. What an incredible high!

You've done an excellent job on your grow and made some fine oil. Now you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Lookin Great!

I made this oil using butane ~ VERY DANGEROUS AND I DO NOT ADVISE YOU TRY IT~ right, the warning over, its the same as ISO more or less, it ends up with the same product ~~ here is what i do~~~~ I get the resulting product and it is EXTREMELY POTENT ~~ I mix it with 75% pure virgin olive oil and 25% hash oil, I then have a liquid mix, this mix is used to to cook with mostly, but I have a tip for you cigarette smokers ~~ take a matchstick or similar blunt ended item and dip it in the oil, you then dab it down your cigarette making oil spots on it, the oil soaks in the paper and tobacco and as you walk the street, your smoking a 'normal' cigarette, understand what im getting at?

Stoney Bud said:
Congrats on your oil, man!!!!

The best thing I ever did was to make an entire pound of weed into oil. I got 100 grams of oil and I mix it with Aurora Indica every time I smoke now. What an incredible high!

You've done an excellent job on your grow and made some fine oil. Now you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Lookin Great!

Yes your Aurora Indica and hash oil thread has definetely been a big hit. I hope to grow some of your NV Aurora Indica.

I just finished up a batch of oil this morning. I will have some to smoke tonight. I got a lot of trichs in this batch. I used trimmings from a harvest, and shook the crud out if it for 10 minutes. The trimmings did not soak for days like I usually do. I did not use a coffee filter this time, I found the trichs clog up the filter and get wasted. Was able to separate the solids from the ISO with a spoon.

The color is very light green and full of trichs due to the short soak.......

I thoroughly enjoy smoking my oil. I have found that I mix it with weed and keep it in a glass jar. It is very dark and moist, but loose and not stuck together - like pipe smoking tobacco. I use a horseradish jar to keep it in - just the perfect size. The consistancy of it keeps me from getting a big mess of goo on my fingers and smoking utensil. It also burns more smooth because it's soaked into the pot. I had problems with the oil bubbling over and plugging up my pipe or bong when I would just glop it on my bud.......

PB:)

Pot Belly said:
I have found that I mix it with weed and keep it in a glass jar. It is very dark and moist, but loose and not stuck together - like pipe smoking tobacco. The consistancy of it keeps me from getting a big mess of goo on my fingers and smoking utensil. It also burns more smooth because it's soaked into the pot. I had problems with the oil bubbling over and plugging up my pipe or bong when I would just glop it on my bud.......

PB:)

Same here man. I had to keep cleaning my pipe or bong to clear it from the oil crusting it. When I mix it as you do, that problem goes away.

Plus, it makes the weed last a loooonnnggggg time. One toke stuff.

HippyInEngland said:
I have a tip for you cigarette smokers ~~ take a matchstick or similar blunt ended item and dip it in the oil, you then dab it down your cigarette making oil spots on it, the oil soaks in the paper and tobacco and as you walk the street, your smoking a 'normal' cigarette, understand what im getting at?

Hey Hippy -

Back in the day when I did smoke cigs, I did that. One day, I was walking around in a car lot looking at cars and smoking my oil soaked cig. Was all by my lonesome in the sun having a great time in a concrete jungle of cars.......

Well, I'm minding my business, when a dude who was detailing one of the cars, popped his head up and yelled to me, "Hey man, that's some good ****, man! It smell goooooood!" But he was a good 200 ft away. I was made! Cold blooded busted, but I was lucky that time. He woulda taken a hit or two I'm sure......:p Was being a dumb kid and carrying too much weed that day. So I was outa there......

So be careful, you can't fool a nose that knows........ Your innocent looking oilly cigarette still smells like wacky weed in a crowd.

Whats a dub sack? Sorry but i'm an old fart. :p Would that be like a $10 bag or a gram or something?
Kenwood guy said:
how much oil can you get with a dub sack???

Kenwood guy said:
how much oil can you get with a dub sack???

Probly an 1/8th or 3.5 grams. I've never made oil yet, so I dunno how much that would make.

it's not, a dub is a 20 bag or 2.0 grams. Dub is referred to anything that is 20, originated from the rims, "dubs" or 20" rims. around where i live a dub can be a 20 bag of rock or soft (crack or coke) or weed or anything for that matter. why dont you smoke your oil out of an oil pipe, for like opium or something? Oh yeah and FIY there is a magazine called "Dub" it's about cars with 20" rims.

Dub refers 2 a 20 sack and 1 gram is official for most clubs in california but it doesnt have 2 be 1 gram exactly usaually goes up 2 1.4 depending on type of bud you get?

Guess it varies a bit. I get a "dub" at $20 with 3.5 grams in it. Shrug. Granted it's just schwag, but still. I don't weigh it all the time, just eyeball it. And I know it's already a pretty good deal, so I'm not in fashion to complain about a few 1/10ths of a gram being off.

Either way, 1, 2, or 3.5 grams isnt going to yeild much for oil, which was the original question I believe. But- I was thinking, if you havent tried this yet- it's a small amount to practice with.

So I'll put my money were my mouth is and try this myself soon and post how much I get =)

Actually, I'm more interested in why the term "Dub" is used.

What does the word "Dub" mean?

Double? If so, double what? Double $10 ?

hehe, I love the names people give to stuff.

I haven't bought on the street for so many years, an ounce of weed was called a "Lid" last time I bought one.

Now, I just trade if I want something else than I have.

Latest posts

Back