Iso Hash Oil

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congrats on the bubble bags hope u get some kill hash. ISO oil is pretty kill all depends on the product ur using, but personally i like the butane HONEY OIL

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread!

I tried it out, and it worked out for me... even though I only used 1/4 a dime bag and about 2oz of 91% isopropyl. I took pics but I can't find the camera...

I might upload it later.

So I reconstituted it with 5-6 drops of vegetable oil because there was really nothing to scrape off... the film was too light... then I ended up licking my fingers and putting some of the oil on clove cigarettes... I smoked one and I was sooooooooo HIGH for 2 hours.

Since I'm not used to being high by myself, I took a bath and ended up staying there for an hour and a half. So that's about it.

Thanks!

Had a small harvest and some clippings and small bud pieces so i decided to try my hand at this ISO Hash :hubba: followed TBGs lead and did things jsut like the thread said, the pic is the results of what i got not bad that ball is about 1/4 inch wide :hubba: :D going to have some here in a bit and ill fill you all in :stoned: :bong2:

Hash Report: as you can see it was a bit brown in color from what ive read thats not a bad thing for a first try(green=not the best-tan or brown= not too bad-black=baked) but i may have it backwards, i have enough trouble remembering between a Sativa and a Indica :rofl: but i have to say that little ball that filled about 1/8 of my pipe did me and the wife in. Went for a drive as we do when the kids are here and toked away, burnt up in about 3 mins passing back and forth about 4-6 hits each, didnt notice it right off (trait of the buds too) but once i was out of the car and in the house felt like a brick in my shouulders was broken and i could relax. over all the buds not as great as the ball was but its deffinatly a to do at harvest time :banana: :dancing: Thanks TBG for the thread MOJO B< sideways infinity symbol :rofl: :bong2:

first ISO Hash try.jpg

my ball of Hash.jpg

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
i have made it a few times with differnt results each time.

(2) when i used nothing but leaf trimmings it came out like powder and i put it in a cig wrapper wrapped it up tight and put a piece of tape around it and stuck it in the heel of my shoe. 1 hour later a piece of solid hash. not as good as the bud though.

I wasnt clear on the cig wrapper here, so i used a sheet of zig and wraped it in it and cut off the top and flattened it out into the bottom of my pipe :bong:

When making ISO Oil, I would recommend my three step process;

This has worked wonders for me in the past....many many times...

Materials:

Mason jar (or other self-sealing glass container)

Micro mesh coffee filter (pref metal)

Coffee filters (Bigger and more expensive the better)

1 bottle ISO Alcohol 90% or better (1 pt or 473 ml depending on where you live...)

Medium (Trimmings, Bud's, whatever....)

Pyrex glass pie plate or cassarole dish

Hairdryer

Razorblades or Ex-Acto knife set

1. Prep: Wash or soak your medium in water for 24 hrs. This will leach a whole lot of the unwanted substances from your medium. Get your materials ready, I use a rubber sealed mason jar to process. Also I recommend the highest potency ISO Alcahol you can get. I use no less than 99% so there are little or no "Leftovers" from the process.

2. Process: You could grind the medium or leave them whole. I would recommend removing the stems or powderizing them.The only difference in this is filtration. Personally I like to keep everything as large as possible as to not clog my filter setup. Since this is a chemical process it is not super important to grind up the medium. Extraction will occur regardless of the size of the medium. Place your medium in a GLASS container that you can SEAL AIRTIGHT. This is important as you do not want everything to evaporate overnight. Fill with ISO till the medium is submerged about 1/4 in (or a few centemeters).

Seal and let sit a min of 36 hours. The longer the mix soaks the better your outcome. Be paitent....It's well worth the wait.

3. Reduction: Filer the mixture through the filter setup (Paper over metal). I like to filter the mix about three times. First time I actually press the medium into the metal filter to get ALL the "juice:" I can. Then I repeat filter just the liquid.

Once it has been filtered to your liking pour into the pie plate and hit it with the hairdryer on low, passing over the "juice" repeatedly. This process can take about an hour depending on how much ISO you used in the mix. You can also elevate the dish with some books, leaving a gap that you can pass hot air from the dryer UNDERNEATH the plate. This can greatly speed up the process and you can leave the room to avoid the fumes. Which can be quite strong. I would recommend this outdoors but it is quite a challenge to keep foreign debris out of the mix when outside.

Once finished and dry you can collect with a razor blade and place in a container of your liking.

You should end up with a final product that has a gold appearance in the plate, and once collected should have the consistency of half melted oily caramel.

I have found the best way to "ingest" the oil is to do what my friends in NZ call "Knife Hits".

Heat a knife by whatever means you have. I do not recommend butane lighters due to the soot factor. I use my stove.

Heat the knife end till it has become red-hot, than use a paperclip to "grab" a small drop of oil. A little dab will do 'ya just fine.
Rub the oily paperclip on the hot knife and inhale through a tube of some kind. I use a empty water bottle that has holes in the bottom and a wide enough mouth to fill with ice cubes. This method is what some call "Tweeker status" but it is better than wasting it trying to use a pipe or trying to smear it on a rolling paper.

Obviously you could dip your bud's in the oil itself and make some Space Nuggets....

Enjoy!

Never thought of using a heating pad....good idea.

What do you do about the fumes?

i just dont have an open flame around it and ive never had a problem.....it smells like iso and reef but it isnt that bad in a room to itself. i just have it opened up in a room with the door open and a fan on the tub. you can double boil it for faster results. i did that a few times, dbl boil and then set in freezer. it works pretty good. i only let it sit in the freezer for a minute or two.

I have tried the dbl boil method before and noticed the results were about the same...

Did you have the same outcome?

when you Dbl boil the oil does it become ingestable? Can you get the effects from eating it ?

Have you ever heard of the Ether extraction method?

Got 20 or so more of these....

yes you can ingest it, similar to a weed shot using over 100 proof alcohol. takes a lil time but the effects are strong and lasting. when the iso evaporates to a honey colored goo you can consume it. the greener the harsher the iso.smoke only after all the liquid has evaporated off. i tried the double boil and found that the fan and small heating pad works as well with less mess and worry. you can use ether but its very dangerous. the results can be better but i wouldnt fool around with it unless you know exactly what your doing. your already playing with fire if you get my drift.

using a 5 inch sprinkler piping, threaded on both ends, 2 threaded end caps. drill one hole for receiving butane nozzle, drill 5 or 6 holes for the butane to run out o use a screen in this end.. Use a glass baking dish, fill tube with grinded bud, empty 2 butane containers threw the oil extractor and presto, hash oil in 5 mins, just wait for evaporation. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20529

When I make butane hash oil or "Honey oil" I use keif and instead of a screen a square-cut piece of a cotton t-shirt.

Also when evaporating I try to float the dish containing the solution in another larger dish full of hot water. The butane will boil off in seconds.

OUTSIDE ALWAYS!!!

***Butane hash oil is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS to make so use extreme caution!!!***

-FNG

Seems like I have a 3-4foot male in my GR which i will chop off.

Question: Can I make hash using ISO's method out of this male? If so how long should i let the plant dry in your opinion? Thanks brodda's and sista's

I doubt you will get much, since males have little or no THC in them.

I would soak the plant matter in olive oil strictly for the flavor, Not the effects.

would it be bad to, after i drain the presoakd stuff in iso. to soak it again to get any left over thc?? i understand that it will take longer to evape.. but i was just wondering if this is a good idea??

basically to do it twice maybe three times?? and do i stir the oil up to make sure ne left over iso is evaped??? or does it evape automatically.. without stirring??

I made hash for the first time using your method, TBG, and it worked like a champ. It was easy too. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge dude.

yo effen gee i was wonderin if u could give me a step by step on da honey oil thec i dont understand wat HICK means wen he says "purge" how do u purge i jus use triple refined butane and dosent smell or taste like butane but wat is "purge" pls help

Most folks soak/shake the weed in iso too long. If you get any green, you soaked and shook too long. I just put the weed in a jar, cover with isopropal alcohol and shake for 2 minutes max. then I strain it, quickly into another jar and then again thru a couple coffee filters into a pyrex dish and evaporate. even after only 2 minutes there is nothing left in the weed to get you high. dry it and try it if you dont believe me, eh.
That's it, not as complicated as folks make it out. 2 minutes to soak, and 3 hours to evaporate on a coffee cup warmer. :hubba:

Puffin Afatty said:
Most folks soak/shake the weed in iso too long. If you get any green, you soaked and shook too long. I just put the weed in a jar, cover with isopropal alcohol and shake for 2 minutes max. then I strain it, quickly into another jar and then again thru a couple coffee filters into a pyrex dish and evaporate. even after only 2 minutes there is nothing left in the weed to get you high. dry it and try it if you dont believe me, eh.
That's it, not as complicated as folks make it out. 2 minutes to soak, and 3 hours to evaporate on a coffee cup warmer. :hubba:

...?? so you believe that "ALL" of the psychoactive canabanoids are extracted in 2 minutes??
And that lnger soaking only results in non-psychoactive essential oils being extracted?..
I would agree that 2 minutes will likely extract all of the surface thc(trichomes), and produce a clearer, more pure product, but is there not any active or beneficial ingredients in the plant matter itself, that will be extracted in a longer soak??
"I" have a hard time believing that. Notice.. "not" saying you are incorrect, just haveing difficulty believing it.
"there is nothing left in the weed to get you high. dry it and try it if you dont believe me, eh."
IMO, a more accurate test would be to re-introduce the once washed weed to iso, soak, extract, evaporate and try "that" product. I think you will find that there are some psychactive properties left in 'quick washed' weed.

Latest posts

Back