pruning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jungle

kind bud
Reaction score
It seems I've seen pictures of marijuana plants while growing have the tips of the leaves cliped off......I understand Lst...and supercropping....I can't seem to find any info on this other one....where the tips of the leaf blades are cliped...it seems I've seen jeorge Cervantes book covers the plants seemed to have their leaf blades cliped....I imagine when small..........can anyone share their info ..thanks..

its sometimes done to inhibit/reduce transpiration of cuttings.

I don't have anything to do with cuttings as of yet.....I'd like of had one of that mystery plant i grew....1 of 5 plants....The plant had the most beautifull smell I ever smelled....like melons....a tiny tad bit of diesel was there....after it ripened the fruty smell kind of took on an over ripe smell....There was a little cough...after.because of some expansion to the lungs...so if I took a cutting off of this i might want to trim the tips so it can do it's thing....a little better...I think I understand..thanks...no use doing it to regular plants?

I trim tips of fan leaves when taking clones, it helps speed the rooting process, and keeps the little baby from getting top heavy.
not sure if this is what yog meant.

jungle said:
It seems I've seen pictures of marijuana plants while growing have the tips of the leaves cliped off......I understand Lst...and supercropping....I can't seem to find any info on this other one....where the tips of the leaf blades are cliped...it seems I've seen jeorge Cervantes book covers the plants seemed to have their leaf blades cliped....I imagine when small..........can anyone share their info ..thanks..

Are you refereing to the technic called FIM (F**k I Missed) when you pinch out the top tips to encourage flowering, if so it works.

I don't think so.....to me what it would do is like most purposes is to have more growth for bud instead of leaves...but I've probly been told before leaves are important and that whole leaves are more valuable to a plant...then leaves with their tips cut off...I'm, not refering to topping...cutting the tops...so they are shorter and bush out more...sorry if this is a late post i didn't know I had it...thanks

Latest posts

Back