Co2 benefits..worth it ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BioDynamic said:
I've met many people get pounds of dope per plant and HAD THE PICS to prove it. For a couple years now I've met many people.

And Like i said, I am an avid advocate of biodynamic agriculture and Aeroponics, The 2 healthiest and highest yielding methods in horticulture, ...

Growing 2 pounds per plant is not an outrageous claim anymore. Hasn't been for a couple years now.

If so many people have accomplished this there would be pictures on the internet. Not pictures of a few drying buds (that don't prove a thing) but pics with the actual plants. If more than a few have accomplished this then SOMEONE wouldn't be able to resist a picture of a 2 lb plant.

It's like saying you can lift a car over your head and not providing proof. And frankly, if someone COULD lift a car over their head, there's no way they WOULDN"T take a picture of it. If more than a few people (as you claim) have raised 2 and 3 lb plants, there WOULD be a picture. But there isn't because it hasn't been done. And it sure as heck hasn't been done under fluorescents! Pure fiction..

(what's next, you gonna tell us you SELL just such a system?)

jmansweed said:
Bio,

3000 watts is more like it - I'm sorry I missed that. Can you talk to us about how many plants you run under that 3000 watts? Lets talk grams per lumen and/or grams per watt please. I'll easily pull that much wieght off 3000 watts. I also am well aware people have produced incredible yeilds off individual plants. I myself have pulled substaincial amounts off an indoor individual. There are proven strains, like those of Arjans Haze that can consistantly make huge harvests when grown correctly for example. I'm not doubting your claims but I'm questioning your methods. Not in legitimancy but in methodology. Are you for example vegging a single plant for long periods of time to create a large, appropriate foundation? These types of things are important to reveal when making huge harvest claims.

In truth - this thread is for the OP. I don't want to stray into our tecniques. I'll make a new thread - like the one your saying will bring the heavy growers out of the wood work. We can discuss my involvment with electro-magnetic experimentation there Bio. I find it very interesting and yes, I have experimentated with it.

Thanks guys......Jman

I never grow more than 4 plants.

And my one LED is a high-power 1400$ machine. Not from china, nor hong kong, nor taiwan. Not a cheap *** model, not street light LED's, not a joke. Again, LED's are not prime for flowering, but for establishing very fine healthy plants and massive root zones, they are a treasure.
I've personally seen that point dozens of times in my own aeroponic set ups.

And you can't talk grams per watt or lumen. Because each light bulb of a different technology produces different results in that respect. 600w HPS, is different than a 600w CFL, or 600w LED. Each producing it's own effects on the plant itself. Which is why I use LED's of 6 different wavelengths (460nm, 555nm, 615nm, 635nm, 660nm, and white LED's which have a combination of a few wavelengths) ANd why I use 2700K, 6000K, 3000K, and the radiation that comes from incandescents. (Yes, I throw in a few of those during flowering, not for the yield I dont believe it does much, but it does something it does add far red.
For vegging, I use the incandescents to simulate sunrise and sunset with the pr and pfr phytochrome response. ...I even do some other things but I won't get into it.

LED's may not be able to be a main source of light for flowering due to lack of far red radiation, etc. , ..But none the less LED's effects on the plants are undeniable. Plants grow. They grow fairly quickly, and the best part is the root mass. If I never would have seen LED's in aeroponics I never would have been interested, and still wouldn't know what they are about. But the difference was great enough for me to notice and to make me change some ways.

And a very good point about being more specific about my grow. But see nobody had any inquiry after i simply told my side. They just blabbered me into different speeches and doubting and ..etc, instead of asking for certain details.

But yes, key point is I do grow my plants for a fairly long time. I start growing in January (my plants are 13 days old right now) ...and I begin flowering in August or so. About a month or so before this entire area explodes with marijuana (Oct). Prices are very high, everyone is dry, ...and the green is nothing but gold. Usually 6-7 months of Veg, and 2-3 1/2 months of flowering. Schedules are always different sometimes shorter, sometimes even shorter than shorter.

But, my plants grow quickly and vigorous regardless of what light I use, ...my soil alone gets plants to explode into life. It's one of the reasons why I do not feed my plants anything for the first 3 weeks .of their lives. And why I speak highly of BioDynamics.

I also use electro-shock after the 3 week mark as well almost everyday. And, I should really start documenting the results from it. I think I'm only going to shock one of my plants for a few weeks and take some pictures for you guys. I germinated them, planted them, and did/do everything identically. They are 13 days old right now, untouched. I'll start in one week, and we'll see

And besides that, ... Here is also how I am able to prepare for the big times...for I am a big fan of Triacontanol and Brassinolide.

During the middle of Veg I will also add Gibberillic Acid 3x. Two weeks apart each. No more than 3x.

The odd times I use IAA and IBA, ...and once in awhile I will use NAA, but since LED's, I don't really have a need to mess around with NAA, but once in awhile.

These methods allow me to get from zero to 90, in no time at all. It's not hard to get a plant that's only 1 month old, and have it at 4-6 feet tall, ...or with other dimensions. Although that's not anything recommended, I'm just saying. Time can be manipulated for plant life.

Again, I don't blame you guys for your doubts. But, instead of doubting or denying, or being a bigot, .......learning to confront everything with epistemological skepticism can be a much better way to approach the unknown or the 'unheard of'.

(and I'm not just talking to one person here, I know I'm quoting one of you, but I'm usually talking to everyone whenever I reply

monkeybusiness said:
If so many people have accomplished this there would be pictures on the internet. Not pictures of a few drying buds (that don't prove a thing) but pics with the actual plants. If more than a few have accomplished this then SOMEONE wouldn't be able to resist a picture of a 2 lb plant.

It's like saying you can lift a car over your head and not providing proof. And frankly, if someone COULD lift a car over their head, there's no way they WOULDN"T take a picture of it. If more than a few people (as you claim) have raised 2 and 3 lb plants, there WOULD be a picture. But there isn't because it hasn't been done. And it sure as heck hasn't been done under fluorescents! Pure fiction..

(what's next, you gonna tell us you SELL just such a system?)

I know it was ignorant sarcasm, but Why sell a system when you can share the knowledge and get the same results?

I didn't come here to talk **** for some unknown reason. I finally felt I was good and knowledgeable enough to converse with professionals and the like. (These forums). As far I was concerned, ...everyone already knew the revolution of 2008-09, ...And I've seen many ppl talk and show their op, all in the pounds before these super-strains... I apologize, but I thought it was a common thing. Because it certainly isn't impossible, or implausible.

And I have also seen a man support a car on top of his head ..V.Wagon if I remember correctly.

It's like saying a 12pound carrot doesn't exist. Yet, many many many people have seen all those. You think that's any different than achieving high yields from mary jane???

Come on

Nice buds Grow dude! You did them indoors??? I'm impressed! Who bred the white Widow???

well first off, name calling doesn't prove your points...just your age

So lets dumb this down for little ole me. You're saying that by use of florescent and LED lighting, co2 enrichment, and electro-shock therapy you get, on average 2-3 lbs per plant? Show me a single link of a single indoor plant that produced 2-3 lbs, much less one under florescent lighting (when you can't, proceed with your name calling):)

monkeybusiness said:
well first off, name calling doesn't prove your points...just your age

So lets dumb this down for little ole me. You're saying that by use of florescent and LED lighting, co2 enrichment, and electro-shock therapy you get, on average 2-3 lbs per plant? Show me a single link of a single indoor plant that produced 2-3 lbs, much less one under florescent lighting (when you can't, proceed with your name calling):)

Lol ....Your ignorance is getting rather annoying. And, if calling you a spazz, makes me 'immature', ...than I'll take it. You exaggerate like a 12 year old as if though I was cursing wildly and destroying your feelings.
And since you're still only talking about Co2, and LED's ....It obviously tells me that you have either not read properly anything I've said, ...or you have no idea what half the stuff I mentioned is. i.e TRIA, BRS, GA3, ...Aeroponics and Biodynamic agriculture (havent i said that 2 dozens times by now)? I use over well over 3000 watts of power from 3-4 different light technologies, for only 2-4 plants.
Perhaps go over some of my soil ingredients ... If you know what any of them are, your mouth wouldn't be yapping so rapidly

Again, I have taken much criticism for my first experience on a forum, I am not impressed, ...so before you start typing stupidity again, ...Why don't you go over the whole thing so you at least seem a little bit more intelligent the next time you speak

Second, ...NO, I DIDN'T SAY or lead on to the fact that " by the use of florescent and LED lighting, co2 enrichment, and electro-shock therapy you get, on average 2-3 lbs per plant"
See, if you actually read anything I have said, you wouldn't have been dumb enough to say something like that. I use many techniques and form.

And the fact, that you don't read or reply in a respectful manner, (or without a lot of wrought, for that matter), depicts YOUR AGE or maturity level.

Are you done yet?

legalize_freedom said:
Nice buds Grow dude! You did them indoors??? I'm impressed! Who bred the white Widow???

Is this towards me? If you are talking about the 2 pics I posted, I didn't do those. Those were 2 pics i saved, (out of apprx. 20), of a Guy named DAVE, who yielded an average of 2.5 pounds per plant. He used a Kush Plant. He had an entire room full of buds like those hanging.

One of the many people I cam across. Who apparently don't seem to exist.

monkeybusiness said:
Show me a single link of a single indoor plant that produced 2-3 lbs, much less one under florescent lighting (when you can't, proceed with your name calling):)
BioDynamic said:
Lol ....Your ignorance is getting rather annoying. And, if calling you a spazz, makes me 'immature', ...than I'll take it. You exaggerate like a 12 year old as if though I was cursing wildly and destroying your feelings.
And since you're still only talking about Co2, and LED's ....It obviously tells me that you have either not read properly anything I've said, ...or you have no idea what half the stuff I mentioned is. i.e TRIA, BRS, GA3, ...

Again, I have taken much criticism for my first experience on a forum, I am not impressed, ...so before you start typing stupidity again, ...Why don't you go over the whole thing so you at least seem a little bit more intelligent the next time you speak

Second, ...NO, I DIDN'T SAY or lead on to the fact that " by the use of florescent and LED lighting, co2 enrichment, and electro-shock therapy you get, on average 2-3 lbs per plant"
See, if you actually read anything I have said, you wouldn't have been dumb enough to say something like that.

And the fact, that you don't read or reply in a respectful manner, (or without a lot of wrought, for that matter), depicts YOUR AGE or maturity level.

Are you done yet?
that's what i thought ;)

i am sure you mean well Bio, but what you say just comes off like somebody claiming they grew mondo bud in a Phototron or something. best of luck in your testing regardless...

monkeybusiness said:
that's what i thought ;)

Explain to me what links have to do with other people on forums.

You can find the links just as easily as I can. So... what are you trying to prove exactly?

Old_SSSC_Guy said:
i am sure you mean well Bio, but what you say just comes off like somebody claiming they grew mondo bud in a Phototron or something. best of luck in your testing regardless...

Yes, but you don't seem to understand. I'm coming here not trying to claim any thing. I thought this was where people come to tell times of growing. Not discriminate, or use sarcasm to put down others.

Because I'm one in tons of people who happen to have a different outcome from others all of a sudden I'm a joker.

And growing MONDO bud, ..is 100x easier than growing Potent bud. Anyone can manipulate the plant to yield TONS of bud .trick to increase your yield ...Birth control pills. I watched my dad experiment with that a few times ...quite detailing ....Doesn't mean it'll even get you high. Listen a pound or 2 on one plant... Is not highly unheard of.

If I can randomly find people with a similar kind of op ..So can monkeyman

Do you think hydroponics is hard to average 2.5 pounds of dope? No. Indoors? No.... Outdoors? ...3x easier to grow pounds.

Old_SSSC_Guy said:

Yes, but you don't seem to understand. I'm coming here not trying to claim any thing. I thought this was where people come to tell times of growing. Not discriminate, or use sarcasm to put down others.

Because I'm one in tons of people who happen to have a different outcome from others all of a sudden I'm a joker.

And growing MONDO bud, ..is 100x easier than growing Potent bud. Anyone can manipulate the plant to yield TONS of bud ...Doesn't mean it'll even get you high. Listen a pound or 2 on one plant... Is not highly unheard of.

If I can randomly find people with a similar kind of op ..So can monkeyman

Do you think hydroponics is hard to average 2.5 pounds of dope? No. Indoors? No.... Outdoors? ...3x easier to grow pounds.

I don't understand, how you people think someone could come on here, make up an imaginary grow , ...spend all this time wasting it trying to talk to a bunch of digital people, for a pleasure that I can't even begin to understand??? I don't get how coming on here and making up stories would ........would........jesus in all hell it doesnt make one degree of sense. Like f**k.

Ya, lets make up an imaginary grow, create a thing and become a member of a forum , tell people a fake story and back it up with a million things to say, and ........what? get what out of it? a laugh???? My dad just died, and the the mother of my son just killed herself. You really think I'm looking for a GxD damn laugh? Or to make up jokes and fairy tales and waste my ******* time like ***....sorry sorry sory ..... starting to get a little agitated over a digital application. Apologies

I just don't understand what antics you people are used to seeing from other people on here, ...But ...I'm sorry to hear ...but ..I'm no ******* joke. My words are not jokes, ..and if you people do not believe in pounds ,.....MAYBE YOU SHOULD BE EXPLORING more dynamics of marijuana horticulture

BioDynamic,

Understand you posted some hefty claims regarding growth rates and potency. People here are calling you out for the simple reason that claiming something and explaining something are two different things. We would all be excited if you put together a thread that explained your methods and results.

Pictures are not the only way to explain. Obviously your eager to share some ideas and we are all eager to hear them. You have to realize spouting out some growth hormones names and fancy jargon on lights explains nothing to the majority of readers here.

Start by explaining why and how then you can show us results. Now, instead of actually sharing info with anyone this thread has begun to spin out. You guys are busy name calling. Lets concentrate on valuable context.

If your methods of growing are the practice of many growers who have achieved large numbers please tell us specifics. The reason Monkey asked you to dumb it down is because frankly, there's a bunch of wordy ** in between broad statements associated with wavelengths and phytochrome responses. All of which some of us are familiar with. None of which explains how you achieve pounds a plant.

Break it down on a new thread of your own man. Give us some real numbers on vegetative times and lighting schedules. We are only asking from you what many of us ask from each other.

I also want to point out to every one reading that yes, vegging a plant out for 7 to 8 months can produce huge foundations for flowering but is entirely uneconomical in the larger scheme. Even if yielding 2 pounds a plant, growing 4 plants under 3000 watts flowering. Thats only a little more than 8 pounds in 10 or 11 months. With a perpetual harvest growing average sized plants I'll produce well over 25 lbs in the same amount of time with 3000 watts as I'm sure many of you would. We need to put things in perspective here.

Biodynamics, stop being so defensive and proactively shut every one up with a thoughtful thread explaining things in manner that everyone understands please.

Hope this all works out and happy smoking

Jman

jmansweed said:
BioDynamic,

Understand you posted some hefty claims regarding growth rates and potency. People here are calling you out for the simple reason that claiming something and explaining something are two different things. We would all be excited if you put together a thread that explained your methods and results.

Pictures are not the only way to explain. Obviously your eager to share some ideas and we are all eager to hear them. You have to realize spouting out some growth hormones names and fancy jargon on lights explains nothing to the majority of readers here.

Start by explaining why and how then you can show us results. Now, instead of actually sharing info with anyone this thread has begun to spin out. You guys are busy name calling. Lets concentrate on valuable context.

If your methods of growing are the practice of many growers who have achieved large numbers please tell us specifics. The reason Monkey asked you to dumb it down is because frankly, there's a bunch of wordy ** in between broad statements associated with wavelengths and phytochrome responses. All of which some of us are familiar with. None of which explains how you achieve pounds a plant.

Break it down on a new thread of your own man. Give us some real numbers on vegetative times and lighting schedules. We are only asking from you what many of us ask from each other.

I also want to point out to every one reading that yes, vegging a plant out for 7 to 8 months can produce huge foundations for flowering but is entirely uneconomical in the larger scheme. Even if yielding 2 pounds a plant, growing 4 plants under 3000 watts flowering. Thats only a little more than 8 pounds in 10 or 11 months. With a perpetual harvest growing average sized plants I'll produce well over 25 lbs in the same amount of time with 3000 watts as I'm sure many of you would. We need to put things in perspective here.

Biodynamics, stop being so defensive and proactively shut every one up with a thoughtful thread explaining things in manner that everyone understands please.

Jman

Do you realize How long that'd take. I would need a website, not a thread. And phyto hormones aren't fancy.

And my claims about potency came from the genetics not my techniques. So my only claim, is high yields.

(ToBeC)

It could change peoples lives for the better. That should be enough of a factor to put it into perspective for everyone lurking and posting. I for one would love to see it in a new thread. As far as I know the MODS would let you type as much as you physically can. Get er done.

jmansweed said:
BioDynamic,

Jman

Your more than Right Jman. but, understand, that these, ...are only heft claims to 'those', and nothing new to 'others who have already been there'

I came on here to tell my stories and explain. Dont you see? That was why I came on here was to explain how I did it, ...but then I had one impeachment after the other. (((That;s where you see the conversation begin to spiral into nothing but a lack of linguistic relativity)))

What you just told me to do finally after all htis **, was what I came here to do in the first place. And I started out, by trying to give simple advice on how to generate home-made Co2.
Doesn't matter how much co2 ...any amount of Co2 is beneficial (relative to other co-factors).

Next thing you know there's a war. For some reason, people can't seem to make simple home-made co2 producers work. Anything that generates Co2,...works. As long as you can handle the element and change the other related variables accordingly. But everyone had to come from all angles to counteract anything I said.

Pictures are not the only way to explain I know, ...But AFTER I STARTED EXPLAINING THINGS, ..they did nothing, but ..well you know. BUt if you didn't notice they did not care for explanations, ..they wanted pictures for proof. Links. PICS AND LINKS PICS AND LINKS WHERE ARE THE PICS AND LINKS. Like nobody can steal photos off the net or photoshop.

And he said dumb down the name calling name calling....oh no, ...all I said was Spazz ... ...Seriously? Go tell on me little kid. (not you fig. o' speech)

And maybe, ..from the very beginning,..I was here and waiting to share all my steps, and different grow ops. THAT'S WHY I JOINED. Was to share how I got my ways and to hopefully learn other unique ways, .....So why are you giving me the lecture? When everything your teling me is what I came here for in the first place, ....then I had a bunch of people ...bringing me into their little one dimensional dialogues. Like they have done nothing or tried near to nothing ...any unique methods. All they know is what everyone already knows. ...yet they can talk upon methods, etc ...that they have no experience nor any knowledge of. SO again, why are you lecturing me?

Maybe you should be telling those other guys how to treat people on this forum, or how to ask proper questions to assess the rest of the _____.

Am I the one who really needs a sit down chat? Not likely.

We have taken time to put substantial threads together and it would benefit you also.

I'll say it once more. Stop defending yourself with useless context and explain things properly. This is an excellent forum - I just think you started off on the wrong foot. My advice is meant only to help lead you in the right direction in regards to this community. I'll maintain the fact that I believe you have some valuable knowledge and we would like to hear about things further. However, if your not willing to take the time explain yourself properly - don't bother claiming huge yields around here.

My thread is open regarding 1 lb or more a plant indoors. Your welcome to join it when ever. It was your recommendation..............Thanks Bio

Jman

jmansweed said:
if your not willing to take the time explain yourself properly - don't bother claiming huge yields around here.

Jman

Did I not just say that that's what I came here for??? You are doing nothing but telling me what I came here to do in the first place.

So...Stop telling me to do what I came here to do. It's hard to do that when I have people left and right saying the **** they are saying. Maybe if it was you this entire conversation, it wouldn't unfolded just as I thought, and you are explaining to me.

Why don't you tell the other people, (who should know more about these forums) how to talk ______ to people. Hmmm?

All I thought I was going to do was exactly what you are saying. But members of this forum, ...had to speak in their manner.

Thank you for ending the B.S..

But again, ...I wouldn't have to defend myself if someone did not push forward with accusations, and denial, and oh you're b.s, your yaking crap, or blah blah blah..... You keep telling me to do this and this, Why? ...I may keep speaking but it is in response. Cause and effect my friend. So why, are you telling me, ...what to say? I'll stop defending myself, when people stop 'attacking'. Because, defending can only be put into effect, ...through action. Think

And apologies Jman, and anyone really, for any temperament. But, I have very bad reactions with ignorance. And when talking over a damn computer, ...people don't seem to read, or 'hear' things properly.

Nearly everyone who posted, took the conversation and changed the direction every time. They didn't fully read, or comprehend ...etc etc.

I came here to talk and explain ...So, i dont understand why I am being told to ..talk and explain. When I can't because people won't shut up, and ...let me speak. Always have to oppose, or .....etc etc etc

ok? ok.

Now, ...Why would I now try and explain anything to people who don't understand/know/dont want to know/ dont believe/ etc .......anything?

That's how I began, and I began with simple stuff .... and nobody took it in. I forget which one had some experience with electricity and paramagnetism, but besides that.... nothing but negative feedback. You think anyone wants to speak when getting comments like that???

I think the lectures need to go out to the other Do0oD's

J Do0oD

Latest posts

Back