Search for Gold continues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
budculese said:
man you got to be itching to harvest

I can hardly wait to make the cut. Pretty excited about the re-veg grow as well. My 1st set of clones didnot do well in potting soil, the new upcoming ones are going into additional aero-hydro grow-boxes. I have the equipt to run a vegetation set-up, a seperatet clone bubbler set-up and a flowering set-up at the sametime now.

So in short, once it's up and running, I'll be germinating a few new strains....thanks for stopping by

Photos, some of the Blue Widows colas at day 62 of flowering, rinsing roots, trichomes at 60+% cloudy w/10% amber, 2 more days of rinse, then cut away

View attachment PB240006.JPG

View attachment PB240007.JPG

View attachment PB240009.JPG

nice job Fader, be patient they are almost there,smell must be unreal:cool:

meetmrfist2 said:
nice job Fader, be patient they are almost there,smell must be unreal:cool:

Yeah they smell simply awesome. Todays trichomes showing more amber so I decided to go dark this Sat. AM. Make the cut on Monday, hang them to dry for a few, then into paper sacks to finish out before I jar them...it's gonna be good

Day 113 of the grow, day 63 in flowering, trichomes at 70% cloudy w/30%amber, the Landrace Columbian Gold, yeah they are ready :hubba:

View attachment PB250003.JPG

View attachment PB250004.JPG

View attachment PB250016.JPG

View attachment PB250017.JPG

View attachment PB250031.JPG

116 days into the grow, day 66 of flowering. My 3 Landrace Columbian Gold and single Blue Widow has now completed the 48 hour dark period. Can't honestly say if it helped, but the theory is sound, so that's why I do it. Samething goes w/a light schedule of 14/10 instead of 12/12. I figure trying to imitate mother nature the best way I can for the biggest bang results, I think it works for me. Same applies to growing w/CFLs, I'm 2 for 2 and even ended up w/greater results. This grow I actually witness bud falling over due to weight, I mean w/CFLs???? Come on, really? Do I need a hps light, hell nooo.....but I am getting one, need to compare, right?

As this grow comes to a close, I keep reminding myself that I'm not killing off my gals this go around but re-vegging them, making mommas out of them. With the use of an hps and CFL comparison grow side by side, it's going to get interesting. I plan to also use deeper grow-boxes to enhance better, thicker growth. Sticking w/General Hydroponics Flora program, it works well w/my grows. Mollasses maybe used in the flowering stage in comparison of a separate aero-hydro set-up

Day 116 of the grow, day 66 of flowering, last day. Hated to cut them down but now the deed is done

View attachment PB280009.JPG

View attachment PB280012.JPG

View attachment PB280016.JPG

View attachment PB280022.JPG

View attachment PB280023.JPG

View attachment PB280028.JPG

View attachment PB280029.JPG

View attachment PB280031.JPG

View attachment PB280035.JPG

I know that with THCV it is a must that you use a minimum 1000w HID for production and makes me wonder if there is anything else we are missing when using just cfls.

niteshft said:
I know that with THCV it is a must that you use a minimum 1000w HID for production and makes me wonder if there is anything else we are missing when using just cfls.
Uhh?

Congratulations Fader, job well done. It is very exciting.. now we will of course need a smoke report, and the CG is what I want to hear about. It has been fun.

Rosebud said:
Congratulations Fader, job well done. It is very exciting.. now we will of course need a smoke report, and the CG is what I want to hear about. It has been fun.

Thanks Rosebud, ended up w/a great harvest. Got the mommas re-vegging now. I'll let them hang for a few days, then place into paperbags. Both the LCG and BW had heavy nuggets. Never did see any blue out of the BW, but who cares as long as it helps w/lymes disease..

I'm going to post the smoke report by Friday, I hope, or next Monday...thanks again for your support Rosebud

Photos of the hanging harvest and the re-vegg

View attachment PB290001.JPG

View attachment PB290006.JPG

View attachment PB290007.JPG

View attachment PB290008.JPG

View attachment PB290009.JPG

Fader, are you going to trim after it it dry? Can I make a suggestion? Take dental floss and hang individually on that hanger so the branches have air movement between them. I find it easier to trim when wet but I have never tried trimming dry. still exciting stuff! I am happy for you.

Rosebud said:
Fader, are you going to trim after it it dry? Can I make a suggestion? Take dental floss and hang individually on that hanger so the branches have air movement between them. I find it easier to trim when wet but I have never tried trimming dry. still exciting stuff! I am happy for you.

I'll cut the additional trim before putting them into paperbags. It worked well on my 1st grow...so I am just repeating what works for me, but thanks anyway...

Fader ... They loook great ... You can use the dried stuff to make BHO ... Gold BHO ... That should be nice :p. Congrats

faderharley said:
THCV is produced in plants closer to the equator and adds a visual expereance to the buz. It takes a higher wattage for the plant to produce it and just made me wonder if there are other attrabutes to having a higher wattage lights than just THCV production that we haven't learned yet.

hey Fader, looking forward to your smoke report, not trying to rush the cure, just wanted you to know I am thinking about you and the gold.

niteshft said:
THCV is produced in plants closer to the equator and adds a visual expereance to the buz. It takes a higher wattage for the plant to produce it and just made me wonder if there are other attrabutes to having a higher wattage lights than just THCV production that we haven't learned yet.

Ok, I see. I used 20+ CFLs over 1200watts, +79,000 lumen for these 4 plants which 3 were WoS Landrace Columbian Gold, a single Blue Widow. Won't know what yield results are yet due them slow drying right now...

I know that a hps light gives off many more lumen than CFLs do, but even a hps light loses it's effectness per inch of space from plant to light. I use CFLs within inches of the plant. I will be doing a comparison w/hps vrs CFLs here in a month or so, it should be interesting. As far as a visual experience smoking Landrace Columbian Gold, I let you know in a few days or so...

Rosebud said:
hey Fader, looking forward to your smoke report, not trying to rush the cure, just wanted you to know I am thinking about you and the gold.

Thanks Rosebud. I found this in that growguide I have been using:

When you harvest, treat the plant as if it were still alive, it will
use some of it's chlorophyll while it is drying, and the smoke will be less harsh, more potent.

Hence no trimming during the slow dry process. The bud will pull everything from the remaining plant to continue to survive, plus it starts to cure when it gets into day 5-6 in the slow drying process.
Thanks for your support

the chef said:
Sweet looking fader! Smoooooke report!

Thanks chef, I'm slow drying them. I hope to give a smoke report by this friday, I hope. I may clip alittle and place into a papersack, then try it sooner.

I have the dominet LCG drying out in the upper level and she was ready to get cleaned-up, trimmed and place in papersack for 1-2 days before jarring them. Her 2 sisters and all of the 3 plants underbud needs another 12 hours to dry abit morre. Took a cut of Blue Widow to sample as well.

The dominet LCG#1 should easily fill 5 pint jars, the trim is in the bag. Photo 0025 of the BW sample as well.

View attachment PC010011.JPG

View attachment PC010012.JPG

View attachment PC010017.JPG

View attachment PC010025.JPG

Nice looking stuff........making my mouth water!

Latest posts

Back