It's time, tips n' tricks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenboy87

Reaction score
Ive have a plant growing for about 2 months now, its short (about 9 in) tall and is just starting to take off, had a rough start with the yard guy shredding it with his weed eater (no pun intended hah) but it has bounced back and i am just growing it in a clean airated soil from my backyard. Its has great color and appears healthy, just curious to what steps i could do to create a potential BEAST, all in all i am unsure of what results i will get being its a mystery seed from the many buds i have smoked over the years.

glenboy87 said:
Ive have a plant growing for about 2 months now, its short (about 9 in) tall and is just starting to take off, had a rough start with the yard guy shredding it with his weed eater (no pun intended hah) but it has bounced back and i am just growing it in a clean airated soil from my backyard. Its has great color and appears healthy, just curious to what steps i could do to create a potential BEAST, all in all i am unsure of what results i will get being its a mystery seed from the many buds i have smoked over the years.

It might be starting to take off because it is entering flower (depends on where you live and how much light your plant is getting daily). Many strains can double in height the first two weeks of flower. If you start to see signs of the sex soon (assuming it hasn't sown sex yet) that is why it is taking off, it is going into it's "bloom stretch". Hopefully you have yourself a female. As far as tips for nurturing her I would check for threads on outdoor feeding regimens. Good luck!

-SSF-

Big plants need lots of added nutrients. Are you feeding it anything?

All i am giving to it right now is water water water, very thirsty plant but being my first time i dont want to over do it and yet since im raising it and am going to invest some time i dont want to under do it either, i see that alot of people say dont use miracle grow and for nutrients i dunno what to buy because i cant really ask the guy at my local nursery how much nitrogen and potass etc my bud plant needs lol so just kind of a basis i could get going on, ive read A LOT on here especially the how to guides and have gotton alot of help, and on top of my questions im tryn to make some new friends on here since i cant share what im doin with too many other people for fear of trouble or getting ripped off.

its outdoors, MG veg ferts will work great, talking about the blue powder, its all purpose ie 20-20-20, no one will agree but it will work.

otherwise get a fert that has a high first number with smaller 2nd and 3rd numbers, ie 15-4-3 or somthing like that.

Thanks man, ima give it a try and i may start a journal, i really appreciate the help!

Instead of getting something that "will work" why not order something online that is formulated for MJ? If you want big plants, you are going to have to feed them right. Many soil growers here use Fox Farm nutes.

Hey glenboy its probably just takeing off after 2 months because the grounds warming up, If I put one in right now in two months it would be a pretty big plant. Where approx. are you on the earth, what lattitude? What altitude, I'm only about 16 feet above sealevel with alot of pacific ocean influence, farmings alot different than someone in northern michigan, or montana, if your in southern calif. or something I imagine in two months if it didn't flower you'd have some good sized bushes by now.

Im in houston tx, we stay warm i just dont know what to expect, or how quickly to expect them, ill order the nutes though, thanks

Latest posts

Back