East Coast/West Coast, Outdoor Satori grow off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know, never really thought about planting in the ground. This is only my second grow, but last year went good. When they were smaller I moved them back and forth across the yard to get more direct sun. Now they are growing so big already I've just been leaving them in the one spot.

Also, they are literally getting to the size of my biggest yeilders last year, minus bud, at harvest. Pretty sure I might have to rethink this years strategy. My situation isnt foolproof. Neighbors mind their own, but I'm not sure i can get away with having giant trees. Last years tallest, and lowest producer, was over 6feet. These are definitely seeming like they are going to clear that. Atleast the untrained Satori in the smart pot... We'll see

:rofl: LOL ston!

They are absolutely performing overtime for you ston! I kind of glad im a little behind yah as im in the same boat as you. Im ready to get some males out of this group, and do some SERIOUS Topping and LST once they are in their flowering pots.

Guerrilla, Welcome back friend! Was just thinking about you earlier today while on the forum. Plants look happy, and i wouldnt worry that you started late. Still plenty of time left in the season.

I should rephrase that, non- lst'd satori. All 8 have been fimmed multiple times. Brains def thinkin. :48:

So transplant day will be Wednesday even though they aren't all sexed. Ill just take the loss in soil, which really isn't that much invested considering. 5 or 6 gallon buckets.

Ive also got to find some stakes like buddogmutt uses with the "hook" for LST training. The pipe cleaners are starting to cut into the stalks ive tied down.

Once ive got them in their new containers, it will be far easier to tie down and manage. Try tying 10 shoots down around the edge of a "1 gallon" pot (Its more like 3 quarts) Ive just really gotta keep on the girls to achieve the size and bushiness thats needed. Staking will be a must later, these girls are going horizontally.

So I finally went and got DE from the local nursery today. Spen some time with the plants today, and gotta say the lower leaves now look like they had a big ol coke party :rofl: hopefully that will help with the bugs.

Side note. When I went to buy it, the lady said that those were her last two bags and that it's taken off the market. Wonder why? Anyone else hear this?

Also sprayed them all down with Sevin to kill the little buggers that are on them now. Was going to do ozzy's circle of death, but after reading the labels, didn't want that out were my kids can get it on them. They're young and think they are nothing more than bushes, and don't touch the plants so I'm not worried about spraying the plants.

Male???

Still having a rough time getting any close up pics. Anything closer than this is just super blurry. I'll try to have the Mrs take some with her good camera later. I'm pretty sure this one, and two others are male. Just want to be 100% sure before I chop them.

35.JPG

ston - at first glance I would say that's a male but I could be wrong. definitely need a better pic. I've been using a camcorder to take pics so I know how it is.

Anyways, the girls are going in the ground wednesday night if all goes as planned. I put my soil mix in the ground about a month ago so hopefully everything will have had the time to break down. We have also been getting a good amount of rain the last couple of days here, and clear skies are in the forecast so I'm thinking it should be a good time to do it.

Sounds good Guerilla, you should start a grow journal for sure! Wednesday is transplant day for me as well. Cant wait to see the growth explosion!

Sexing update. As of today, culled the one confirmed male that was a BTB. Have 4 confirmed female Satori's, and 1 confirmed female Beyond the Brain.
5 for 8 on females, 1 male so far, and 2 not confirmed yet. 1 satori and 1 BTB. I'm happy. Was hoping for around 4 or 5 :D :48:

Transplant update.

Just put all the girls in 5 gallon buckets, these will be there final flowering containers.

I didnt go with NV's soil mix. Instead i made my own mix consisting of Pro-Mix BX, green sand, alfalfa meal, dolomite lime, and Dr Earth Organic 5. I tripled up on the dr. earth in the bottom 2 gallons of the pot, and topped off with my mix. I might get an initial "shock" as with nv's soil, but they should take off once they adjust. And what i like about this is there isnt a cook time, just mix and go. This is NOT intended to carry me thru harvest. Ill be using teas as they need it, and all thru flower.

The white circle is my Ring of Death. I may have over done it a bit. :rofl:

Here are some pics, Enjoy! :icon_smile:

Drfting07

DSC_0139.JPG

DSC_0140.JPG

:ciao: Drft, rock n roll. This trains running full steam :lama:

Here's my mix for 6x 5 gallon buckets, and my tea recipes;

30 gallons Pro-Mix BX PH’d w/ Dolomite (6.5 PH)
3 cups Dr. Earth Organic 5 Tomato, Vegetable & Herb 5-7-3
3 cups Dr. Earth Alfalfa Meal 2-1-2
4 cups Espoma Green Sand 0-0-.1

For 50% hot, add 3 more cups of Dr. Earth Organic 5 in 15 gallons of base you took from the initial 30 gallons, and fill each 5 gallon bucket with 2½ gallons of this hot medium, than transplant and fill in with base mix

Fertilizer Tea (brew 24 hours) these are diluted in half

Vegetative:
5 Gallons PH’d Water
3 Tablespoons unsulfured molasses
Dr. Earth Alfalfa Meal
5 cups Dr. Earth Organic 5

Flower:
5 Gallons PH’d Water
3 Tablespoons unsulfured molasses
5 cups Dr. Earth Organic 8 Bud & Bloom Booster 4-10-7

Just a pic of the girls. Well, and 2 unknowns, as of watering today :D Pretty sure the remaining unknown Satori is a girl, but we'll see. Also looks like the remaining inknown BTB might be a boy. Thanks for looking

39.JPG

So....:D

Was out in the garden looking. :icon_smile:

Got quite a few confirmed females. :cool: I saw at least 3 maybe 4. No signs of male from any of the 6x.

ill go out later today, water and get an exact count.

Ston-loc and Drfting, they are looking great. I wish I could grow outdoors.

I had a large percentage of males from my BTB seeds. I have ordered another batch. I am liking the taste and high--hope it is a girl.

Thanks for the kind words THG. Mojo for your BTB

looking sweeeet friends...Looks more females than males..thats Awesome

take care and be safe

Thanks THG and 4U. The compliments from growers I totally respect boosts my confidence that I'm doing something right. THG, I have 1 Female BTB so I'm happy I'll get to try it. Definitely noticing 2 phenos amongst them all. They're all growing similar so far, minus the non-lst'd one. But some have the big fatty leaves, and some the sharper skinnier leaves. We shall see

Latest posts

Back