East Coast/West Coast, Outdoor Satori grow off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets see those fat satori leaves, Ston-loc.

Sounds like we will be very close on the number of plants we will sex and have flowering outdoors also. I think we are on the right track Ston.

As of this morning all 6x Satori's are showing their first pair of serrated leaves. I have 1x White Widow above dirt but it hasnt managed to get the shell off yet. I will help it along if it cant do it by tonite.

:farm: Green Mojo all around! :farm:
Drfting :48:

So far 5 satoris above dirt, and 3 Beyond the Brains. Still 4 that haven't popped up yet. The largest BTB and Satori are looking really similar with big fat leaves. The 3 in the first pic already have a bunch of roots to the bottom of the solo cups. Going to transplant to 1 gallon pots either today or tomorrow. Check it out. And take this :48:

4.JPG

5.JPG

nOOb question.... Where and what is Satori??? (seedbank-sat/indi/or hybrd?) sorry i been out the strain game for a few years now... Thanks Ahead of time... Looks great so far...

Aloha
SquidyP

It's a hybrid from mandala seeds. I ordered mine from the attitude seedbank. Read a lot of great reviews on here from people who've grown it. I decided to give it a try.

"Sex : Regular
Type : Indica / Sativa
Flowering : Photoperiod
Genetics : Sativa-Indica
Flowering Time : Medium
Outdoor Harvest : October
Height : Medium, Tall
THC Level : Medium
Characteristics : fruity-citrus, pungent, therapeutic

Mandala Seeds Satori is an exceptionally easy to grow sativa. We refined this strain genetically in 2006 to produce an even more reliable and powerful cross that will delight your connoisseur heart. Satori has shown impressive hardiness against spider mites and other pests, and she possesses a good measure of mould resistance. Her slim appearance makes it possible to plant in narrow rows, or in SOG, to maximize her typical record yields even more. The firm side shoots provide highest quality cuttings. As with all our sativas she is heat resistant - an added bonus for small indoor environments and hot summer grows. Her cannabis seeds produce mainly sweet & fruity-spicy aroma is a real treat for the senses. Satori grows a long head bud with chunky flowers and does not require much feeding on soil, you can almost do without feeding provided you use quality soil and sufficient pot size (approx. 2 gallon pots for adult plants under 250-600W lamps). Keep EC levels low in hydroponics for best results. All Mandala strains are extremely efficient in nutrient uptake due to their hybrid vigor and require only low EC levels/feeding to develop huge leaf, stem and bud structure. Satori is a high yielding, powerful plant with an exceptional sativa high. The heavy buds are easy to manicure, and from the resinous bud leaves you can produce finest grade hash, comparable in quality to the famous Nepalese “temple balls”. "

ston-loc said:
It's a hybrid from mandala seeds. I ordered mine from the attitude seedbank. Read a lot of great reviews on here from people who've grown it. I decided to give it a try.

Thanks... Ill check it out.. and yeah ive read alot on here about Satori .. rosebuds pic of the flowerd Satori looks super yummy.. good growings to you my bruddah.. Thanks again

Aloha
SquidyP

edit: Thanks for the info....

First three that popped up are thriving! Had roots circling the bottoms of the solo cups already so I transplanted them yesterday. Planned to use 1gallon pots, but scored a bunch of these for free and they're 2.7 liters, so about a liter short of a gallon.
I dug around the other 4 that hadn't popped up yet and they were all duds. Two had tiny tap roots out but were all shriveled up, other two nothing so i pulled them out to make more room under there.
Eventually all 8 will be in the 2.7liter pots under the T5's until it's time to go outside where I'll transplant them into 5 gallon buckets and one in the 7 gallon smart pot I picked up to try.
Getting fun. I'd been missing this since last OD harvest :D

6.JPG

:ciao: Looking good Ston-loc. My 6 satoris are the same age as your youngest, maybe a day older.
I think we are using the same nursery pots, or darn close. Mine are labeled as 1 gallon but they look closer to your size.
Ive also decided on using smaller pots for flower as well. We might end up having more similar grows as far as container size after all.

SquidyPacheco said:
Thanks... Ill check it out.. and yeah ive read alot on here about Satori .. rosebuds pic of the flowerd Satori looks super yummy.. good growings to you my bruddah.. Thanks again

Aloha
SquidyP

edit: Thanks for the info....

Thank you ! You should see the one coming down this weekend. My biggest and nicest yet, in my not so humble opinion. Love the Satori!

Camera charger just came in. Ill post pics of my setup when the battery is charged,

Finally got my camera charger in the mail. As promised. Not much to look at but you get my idea. 6 Satoris, 1 White Widow. Close up is a satori. the lone pot in the back is the white widow.

DSC_0049.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0051.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

wow thanks for posting on my thread drfting07...or else I might not have every found this grow journal. I purchased 10 satori seeds over a week ago so they should be in soon.

I'm trying to do big things outside this year and from what the attitude says about satori is that they are do very well outside. Can't wait to get them going as this is the first time I have ever tried satori.

...I couldn't help but try them out after reading that it's THG's favorite

Welcome Guerrilla. Sounds like you are well on your way! Our base soil is very similar, what nutrients are you going with? What pot size?

I wish you the best!
Drfting07

drfting07 said:
:ciao: STON-LOC! I got my beans AND a sweet g13 labs T Shirt! Time to sow these girls...6x Mandala Satori, 1x G13 Labs White Widow & 1x Dinafem Critical Jack.

Hello, I got those freebies too and I wonder how different the G13 WW might be from say, BC Seed King...

Anyway, I will be watching to see how you do man, I think I will do my LarryOG in the fall maybe.

Cheers,

I have never grown white widow MOTO. Im looking forward to it! Thanks for stopping by.

The satori's are really taking off! The soil is buffered at 6.5 PH which was my goal. They have grown 3x there size in the last 24 hours. Fastest seedlings i have ever grown.

Green mojo for yours babies ...

Need to do in the future East/West Side of the Pound Grow :aok: This was a nice ideia :D

:ciao: BHO, Thanks for stopping by! Your satori's look stellar. Im praying for good things...

drfting07 said:
Welcome Guerrilla. Sounds like you are well on your way! Our base soil is very similar, what nutrients are you going with? What pot size?
i'm glad to hear someone else has a similar soil mix. The nutrients I will be using, I've always used General Hydroponics floramicro, floragro, and florabloom. This is what I've used for years now so I feel pretty familiar with them.

As for pot size I'm starting them off in my veg closet in 4"X4" containers and then transplanting them outside into huge holes i've dug with my soil mix.

I'm starting the seeds in a mixture of just some happy frog/fox farms and a bunch of perlite.

I haven't received my satori's in the mail yet but I'm expecting them soon. So far in veg closet trying to sprout are my special queen, frissian dew, and (2) blue mystic...both of which have pushed through already.

I need my satori's though so I can catch up to you guys!

Happy growing :farm:

drfting07 said:
Finally got my camera charger in the mail. As promised. Not much to look at but you get my idea. 6 Satoris, 1 White Widow. Close up is a satori. the lone pot in the back is the white widow.

This is a sweet set up you got drfting. Very stealthy. It makes me want to make one.

Latest posts

Back