East Coast/West Coast, Outdoor Satori grow off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
86? Do you work in the restaurant business ston?

HA! No but I've been 86'D enough times to use the term :rofl:

hahaa....just 86'ed a few table tonite. I dont understand this, murphy's law i suppose but every time we have a slow nite and close shop early, THAT is when people start calling to see if they can come in to eat. The restaurant caters to retired seniors too. Isnt it past your bed time?

I enjoy it when they comment on just how good it is. Makes it all worth it....well that and the money that pays my bills and fills my mason jars.

staying on track.....How manys weeks from seed before they started showing sex for you?

Edit: did some back tracking....almost 5 weeks. very good!

Still tripping on the other 5. 2 seem to possibly be male. Other 3 no clue yet

are you culling the males or keeping one?

Gonna give them the chop once I'm sure they're males. Only my second grow ever, not gonna try pollenating yet.

Still no sign of sex but the alternating nodes are much more prominent. :icon_smile: I tied down the new growth once again and took some snap shots of the outcome. Yesterday evening i fed with Dr. Earth Organic 5. The dosage was hotter this time too, 4 cups to 3 gallons. Each girl got 3 cups full strength. They greened up nicely since the feed. :cool2:

Drfting07

DSC_0141.JPG

DSC_0139-1.JPG

DSC_0140-1.JPG

Hey there SM ;)

Looking good Drft. Bushing up nicely. When are you transplanting? Mine were super rootbound when I transplanted out of the 1 gallon pots. I already have roots coming out the bottom of the 5s!

Thanks Ston. Ive been keeping a watchful eye out for sex these last couple days. Its funny, hoping for a good healthy boy or two. Im also ready to weed out some of these plants, 7 is making me a little anxious. Im hoping for 3 or 4 girls, if i get more ill be giving them away :eek: I have a good friend in mind, and he have been growing together for the last 3 years. Im thinking a satori would be quite the gift!

As far as transplanting im behind schedule. I just didnt have the funds to go out and buy 7x 5 to 8 gallon pots. Im thinking ill try and sex them now before they get transplanted again. Ive also put myself in a bind making this super soil. I might just have to pass this season. I should have had it made already! I feel like im letting some people down! :(

Drfting07

Pass? You mean just the soil right?

I'm getting kind of frustrated trying to sex these remaining 5. Cant get a clear pic of what im seeing up close. Seen that pic with the male and female diagram, but does anyone have a pic, or link to a pic of male preflowers?

I really have a feeling I'm in for more than I planned. Going to be BIG! Just sitting out back looking at them I realized last year this time I had 2 clones that were only like 6" tall. Right now the 2 untrained ones are already over 2' tall. 3 females so far, so I actually might be ok with that if these turn out to be huge.

yeh the super soil. Dont worry ston, ill be here with you all summer. (fingers crossed)

looking good fellas...watch those bugs...nuke em with some DE...;)

Thanks Irish! Beautiful BPOTM yet again!

:chuck: Chopped a male today with one lone ball on a stalk. Satori 3. Surprised i caught it. Now down to six. Ill take a better look tomorrow

this is my 3rd time back to this thread in a matter of 4 days time to subscribe!!! green mojo for both of you

:ciao: shOrTbUs Thanks for the kind words. Hope you brought a comfy chair.

A little update

1x Satori Male; Culled
1x Satori Female; Confirmed
4x Satori unknown

A question for those with experience: Have you seen a fem seed go full male? Is there such an instance?

Its been awhile since I was last on here but I finally have my satori's started. Theyre just in some happy frog soil with perlite right now and I've just been giving them water.

They are massive compared to my other strains under the same lights and growing medium. I hope the majority of them are girls.

Looking great Ston loc and drifting!.... You have quite a start on me but I'm putting mine in the ground soon so hopefully they will take off once they are under some real light and they hit the nutrients in my soil mix.

DSC00115.JPG

DSC00116.JPG

DSC00117.JPG

Hey Guerilla.

So I'm ready to get rid of some males! Tending to 8 is really getting tiring. Still only 3 confirmed females. Here's a few current pics.
-The full garden of 8
-Female Beyond the Brain in the 5gallon Root Master pot
-Female Satori in the 7gallon smart pot
-Female Satori in the 5gallon bucket

31.JPG

32.JPG

33.JPG

34.JPG

ston-loc those are huge! I really wish I ordered my seeds earlier now.

I'm curious as to why you guys decided to grow in pots outside instead of in the ground?...for the convenience of moving them?

Latest posts

Back