harvest time of day.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FUM

Reaction score
Whats the best time of day to harvest in? morring, mid-day or night time?

I like to harvest just after the dew, has burned off. usually around 10 in the mornings this time of yr

When ever ya Have the time...Ive done some in morning ..noon..and night...Happy Harvesting

:48:

We like to feed the plants when the lights turn on and harvest right before lights out. But I don't think it really matters!:)

When the moon is in it's 7th orbit and Venus is rising in the east. When the frogs bark and the dogs croak.

30 mins before lights on I remove into dark room before I trim

I would think best time is like few mentioned before lights on or out side after all dew is gone is there a difference of time of day or indoor lights on or off
here is a key point to remember: As resin builds up in your buds it also get used up indoor and out door ( protecting buds )
Then in darkness it replenishes the resin back to the buds so when is the best time well you decide lol
I rather have buds sticky and crystally then after lights have been on and there is not as much just have a look next time before lights come on look at buds then half way during lights then end of cycle you will see a difference in resin lost during that time due to intense light etc

there outside in greenhouse. I was thinking like poppies resin flows during the heat of the day. I for sure want the best for my AIDS patient. Morring sounds good enough. I'll be watching them. Thanks.

DrFever said:
here is a key point to remember: As resin builds up in your buds it also get used up indoor and out door ( protecting buds )
Then in darkness it replenishes the resin back to the buds

I have never seen this, any source for this info?

ok.lmao,got it this time. I'm going to watch that. thank you growdude.

Before I :smoke1: during a :smoke1: and after I :smoke1:

Growdude said:
I have never seen this, any source for this info?
Think about it for a second light destroys THC why not just store your weed out side in the open ??? when drying weed do we dry it in the light ???? or in the dark ???
Same goes for harvesting you sure don;t want to start chopping after a full light cycle as THC during your on cycle has been destroyed and yes during lights out it replensishes the plant with more canabinoid acids and Cbd as well as THC why do you think that scientists did tests on chopping 24 - 48 - 72 hrs after lights out conclusion the plants chopped 72 hrs in the dark on most strain showed a significant increase in THC

Many factors influence the production of THC. In general, the older a plant, the greater its potential to produce THC. This is true, however, only if the plant remains healthy and vigorous, THC production requires the properquantity and quality of light. It seems that none of the biosynthetic processes operate efficiently when low light conditions prevent proper photosynthesis. Research has shown (Valle et al. 1978) that twice as much THC is produced under a 12-hour photoperiod than under a 10-hour photoperiod. Warm temperatures are known to promote metabolic activity and the production of THC. Heat also promotes resin secretion, possibly in response to the threat of floral desiccation by the hot sun, Resin collects in the heads of glandular trichomes and does not directly seal the pores of the calyx to prevent desiccation. Resin heads may serve to break up the rays of the sun so that fewer of them strike the leaf surface and raise the temperature. However, light and heat also destroy THC. In a bud strain, a biosynthetic rate must be maintained such that substantially more THC is produced than is broken down. Humidity is an interesting parameter of THC production and one of the least understood. Most high-quality Cannabis grows in areas that are dry much of the time at least during the maturation period. It follows that increased resin production in response to arid conditions might account for increased THC production. High-THC strains, however, also grow in very humid conditions (greenhouses and equatorial zones) and produce copious quantities of resin. Cannabis seems not to produce more resins in response to dry soil, as it does to a dry atmosphere. Drying out plants by with holding water for the last weeks of flowering does not stimulate THC production, although an arid atmosphere may do so. A Cannabis plant in flower requires water, so that nutrients are available. for operating the various biosynthetic pathways.

seriously? you can chop anytime of day that suits you.

now what about after you remove plant early but then trim in a room with a 40-100watt light in ceiling? how much do you think that actually decreases thc%? I like light to trim cause im half blind lol so I wear a small head lamp to brighten up buds.

I chop before Sun up...thinking is all nutes are down in root zone instead of leaves/buds. Just A thought nothing backing my personal opinion

Latest posts

Back