harvest time of day.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hick said:
bwd.. you'll do well to let the staff do the moderating here. If you see a violation that you feel needs addressed. REPORT it.. otherwise, leave the moderating to us. "WE" will decide who and what needs addressed.

Sorry Sir

I will set over the other side of the fire and watch I guess see what happens. Thanks for showin up ;)

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Sorry Sir

I will set over the other side of the fire and watch I guess see what happens. Thanks for showin up ;)

BWD

:holysheep: A post by BWD that I can read

:confused2:why don't you post like that all the time? There are member posting thru interpreter programs that we can understand their post just fine.

We( all the old members) are stepping up to make the MJ better than ever. Why not join us?

In my right to defend though this be the pm I received BEFORE I replied to dmans pm. Leys put all coins to the table and call it as they fold nothing to hide here. Piece to the drama puzzle as yu wish pilgrim ;)

dman

"ever consider getting a life and ******* off? your a sad little man."

yual poked me first friend hope ya find trails better suited yur age group canuck or not ;)

BWD

Fum

I am truly sorry this happened in yur thread pilgrim I am truly the trollin just follows me everyere I reckon please except my apologies yur fireside disruptance.

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
In my right to defend though this be the pm I received BEFORE I replied to dmans pm. Leys put all coins to the table and call it as they fold nothing to hide here. Piece to the drama puzzle as yu wish pilgrim ;)

dman

"ever consider getting a life and ******* off? your a sad little man."

yual poked me first friend hope ya find trails better suited yur age group canuck or not ;)

BWD

No problem, i would have posted it but you made a point of saying you wanted the pm you sent me posted.

If your gonna follow me around the site and harass then i will send you a pm with some poor language :). if ya didnt start with me you wouldnt have received that pm. got it? but atleast i wouldnt threaten you. SLM.

Im done playing your game now, keep coming at me and i will respond in kind, but leave me alone and you wont hear from me. your choice.

Being a Chef for 20 years I know that when I harvest any produce mornings are best especially for herbs. They are bright and vibrant, essential oils are present and shelf life and taste is better. I find harvesting parsley, for example, in the mid day causes it to wilt quicker and is never the same as when picked first thing in the morning.

I'm reading some pretty conflicting views on the web...I'm up at the crack of dawn anyways so I plan on an early morning harvest unless someone here has info they would like to share. Thanks!

BeerBong said:
Being a Chef for 20 years I know that when I harvest any produce mornings are best especially for herbs. They are bright and vibrant, essential oils are present and shelf life and taste is better. I find harvesting parsley, for example, in the mid day causes it to wilt quicker and is never the same as when picked first thing in the morning.

I'm reading some pretty conflicting views on the web...I'm up at the crack of dawn anyways so I plan on an early morning harvest unless someone here has info they would like to share. Thanks!
Your Right so many don;t get it for instance when i walk into my grow room 6 hrs after lights have been on the smell is not as strong litterally GONE as it is when you go in there just as lights turn on same goes for lights off when growing lots off weed the smell begins to get very strong 7 hrs after lights have been off and why is that ????
Cause all the resins and essential oils have been replenished in the bud during lights off
Light on period you lose your oils due to protecting the buds yes peeps light wrecks THC hell how many of you dry your weed in a well lit room ????? and why dont you lol

DrFever said:
Your Right so many don;t get it for instance when i walk into my grow room 6 hrs after lights have been on the smell is not as strong litterally GONE as it is when you go in there just as lights turn on same goes for lights off when growing lots off weed the smell begins to get very strong 7 hrs after lights have been off and why is that ????
Cause all the resins and essential oils have been replenished in the bud during lights off
Light on period you lose your oils due to protecting the buds yes peeps light wrecks THC hell how many of you dry your weed in a well lit room ????? and why dont you lol

It just makes sense from where I'm standing. Ask any farmer when the best time to harvest is, 9 out of 10 (Maybe even 10 ) will say mornings, before all the evaporating happens. Why would this plant be any different from the hundreds of other plants that have been deemed best harvested early mornings?

Dman1234 said:
LOL whatever, thats so weak, i didnt comment on your skills just time of day to harvest was silly, but whatever if that makes you feel better. and i harvest more than i need and thats all i care about. have a nice day:)

How is it silly to follow a generally accepted rule of thumb? Mornings are best for all harvesting. I haven't heard an arguement that says otherwise here or on any other forum, yet all the info says do it early in the day. So I will do it early in the day. I'm sure your buds don't get terrible if you do it later...but if there is even the slightest potential that you will get better results by doing it in the morning...why wouldn't you?

because the difference will be undetectable if there even is a difference. am i to believe weed picked at 6 am has a detectable difference from weed picked at 6 pm?

Dman1234 said:
because the difference will be undetectable if there even is a difference. am i to believe weed picked at 6 am has a detectable difference from weed picked at 6 pm?

I have never noticed a difference. It's all good:)

I do understand that with fresh produce especially grapes they like to pick early because of sugar content. But with mj I have never noticed a difference when I picked it, even when picked in the dark.

tell me something guys in late flower prior to lights does your room have a extremely strong smell ????? then after 12 hrs is the smell just as strong ???? probably not ,
To each there own unless actual tests are done of actual THC content from a green bud in morning compared to or after light / sun has been on we just will never know has it not been proven that on some strains left left 72 hrs in darkness resulted in higher THC then ones just chopped hmmmm wonder why they never done 72 hrs of straight light then chop

My show reeks all day until I chop dry n jar.... then it reeks in the jars.

?????

Here from a reputable source on what time of day to harvest

Timing the harvest is Paramount to the final quality. Harvest your precious buds in the dark, just before the lights normally come on. If possible, do not allow the plants to see direct light as long as their roots are attached. Direct light on a plant will draw up stored starches and sugars from the root system.
During the nighttime hours, our ladies are busy storing food down in their root system that they made during the daylight hours. During “lights out," starches and sugars produced by photosynthesis during the day drain downward to the roots. Knowing this, it is easy to figure out that you want to cut your plants away from the roots before the lights come on, when food moves back upward into the buds.

Outdoor herb is often harvested during the daytime hours and the result is a harsh, difficult burn and an extra long cure. The starches and sugars present in daytime-harvested herb act like fire retardants—not the effect we're looking for. In addition to tasting and burning bad, these fire retardants also change the chemical make up of the smoke you're ingesting. This means that the THC, cannabinol, cannabidoil and other active cannabinoids can't burn at the perfect temperature to get you properly high because they haven't properly converted to their psychoactive forms.

Latest posts

Back