Pup's new grow journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the club hush I did the same thing with my hempy buckets

Something I'm thinking... snipped
because instead of 1500+w's of heaters up in my room, I'm running two of my 600w hood in another 5x5 tent and exhausting into the room. So I'll be experimenting with a pretty nifty HPS setup again hah :)

Not a good idea to use exhaust(ed) air from one room to feed another.
If you're taking fresh air through a light tube in one room to the input of another room, well now, that's downright clever.
But I think the glass in the tube blocks some rays, dunno.
(sorry for the buttinsky HP)

No problem; I know his setup and he has plenty of fresh air coming in from outside while several of his tents are exhausting outside. But what he is talking about is using a couple of the lights in veg to heat the air in the larger room by mixing it with the fresh air. While he will be losing some co2 from the process, I doubt it will be enough to make any real difference in comparison to the amount of heat savings that he will get from it.

I know this sounds risky but I like to use small "dinner light" candles in protected containers to add heat and co2 to the room. They only burn for about 6hrs before they are used up, but they are inexpensive and handy on those coldest nights. You just have to be extra careful and make sure they are in good places.

I know this sounds risky but I like to use small "dinner light" candles in protected containers to add heat and co2 to the room. They only burn for about 6hrs before they are used up, but they are inexpensive and handy on those coldest nights. You just have to be extra careful and make sure they are in good places.

Now I see why you don't bake :)
Not all that scary, it's not like a horse could kick over your lantern in a barn.
I don't know if they still do it, it must be illegal now but the Germans used to put lit candles in their Christmas trees. Now, THAT is stupid.

No problem; I know his setup and he has plenty of fresh air coming in from outside while several of his tents are exhausting outside. But what he is talking about is using a couple of the lights in veg to heat the air in the larger room by mixing it with the fresh air. While he will be losing some co2 from the process, I doubt it will be enough to make any real difference in comparison to the amount of heat savings that he will get from it.

ahah, that big cub scout jamboree room, and no smell veg, now I get it.

Looking nice HP, everything sure grows back quick huh :p

That's it Sopapy :) Yeah I imagine the Germans were happy when electric candles were invented :doh:

Thanks Kraven, they do grow quickly. I can barely tell any difference between the defoliated plant and the non defoliated plant at this point except that there seems to be more branches on the defoliated plant. I can't wait to see the final results. I was worried for a while that they were going to keep stretching into the lights but I think they have quit stretching (I hope). :)

I use the same 2x4 screening as you, but I also used some twine from the garden store to break the 4 inch length to make even 2 inch squares. worked a little better for me.

may want to get some bird netting to toss across the tops of those big girls for support.

looking good.

The auto has 2 more weeks and is smelling heavenly. I wish I had the room and lighting to have put her under much more wattage light. The Blue dream has about 3.5wks left to go :D

Looking good hush. You ain't kidding. I don't think you could see the other side if you had to.

WOO!! Good run HP, I'm happy for you!!

I see you're catching on to this defoliating thing eh? Since I have a 4x4 room with two 600w HPS, I'm getting my proper attempt at seeing how they react with the same training methods but with HPS... I'm thinking I should've done this a lot longer ago!

Hush, that stuff looks great man. Good on ya!

Well there is one harvest down, and 3 more to go :D
I got a pretty nice haul of buds from this OG Kush auto that smells amazing. I got a lot of scissor hash that has been curing for just 2 days. I had to try it and it was amazingly smooth and fantastic flavor like sandalwood and nutmeg. As I expected, the high was real heady but very clear, no body. I think as the buds cure this will change to a more blended high.

The Blue dream are looking oh so nice now. In a week from this Saturday I will be taking the first cuts. Its hard to judge in the pics but some of those buds are as big around as my wrist. :eek::farm:

View attachment OGKauto harvest10-15.jpg

View attachment BD1027-15.jpg

View attachment BD1027-15a.jpg

Awesome grow you have there Hush, I still can't get that hash picture out of my head lol. When my grow is done i'm definitely going to run some bubble hash! Cheers!:joint4:

lol i was just thinking, "ha! everyone uses Fisker clippers" because well they rock... but THREE!!! lol does one really need that many clippers HAHAHA!

~smile~ I have three too HP, when your trimming the gummy dank I grow it's quicker to use them till they are too gummed up, then switch and at about the end of # 3 it's time to stand up and I use the break time to clean them and then get back in gear.

Latest posts

Back