Carolina Chronic Tree Grow in MT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MysticWolf

Just Me
Reaction score
Well lots of work, lots of scrounging up pieces, One test plant doing pretty decent named Alice and We are off and running in Montana, New water to Learn , New soil , and ARRRRRRGH growing inside will I ever survive will Alice...Who know but sometimes you have to stick more than just your toe in the water and give it a real good shot even if you got a real big learning curve...So My Cheap and I do mean cheap 80 dollars total Carolina Country Boy Engineeering ...veg and grow chambers... put together with 28,800 lumens of CFL in a 2 1/2 ft by 3 ft veg chamber that will go 5 ft high...Oh and yes that is a heppa filter on top of the hood with the fiter yanked to use an an exaust....Total watts with the two fans 424 watts total so sounds like a good number to me till I can save up for the bud hut and the hps 400 I want. Like I said I'm learning the way past hard water here and the soil so if you want pull up a chair loan some good advice but remember We just move so the buget it TIGHTTTTT so keep suggestions on the cheap and lets grow some Carolina Chronic Tree in Big Sky Montana ....Cowboy up and Cracker Jack back Outside...And Yep I burnt Alice a tad ( "My poor baby girl SNIFF") trying to work out a watering tea with this rock freaking hard water.

Day 3 We got six popers to join Alice and Yes I named them each girl names....What positive thinking counts too ya know.

cct1.JPG

cct2.JPG

cct3.JPG

cct4.JPG

cct5.JPG

cct6.JPG

h1.JPG

h2.JPG

h3.JPG

Like your cfl set up,must c how it turns out.As far as alice is conserned,I believe the twisting of the leaves could be ur ph is off.Not 2 sure if your checkin ph/ppm but as expensive as they may seem( you thought nugs where more precious than gold,these 2 tools will make you or break you.
Your seedlings should have a ppm of 200-400(tap water will usually do....best to let sit in an open container inorder to let clorine evap.)with your ph between 6.2-7.2(best to keep notes in order to figure out what works best with each strain).
Not to sure if your aware of this or not but your lighting cycle has to do with sexing(I keep my lights on 4 20 hours 4 seedlings,18 on 6 off for veg.good female to male ratio.
Alice-as you know is burnt.I suggest no nutes 4 a couple waterings.Can't see your soil but looks to be over watered.As far as the burnt look,you should re-pot in a slightly bigger container,and water with 3-5x the amount of water per container size,3-5 gallons water for a 1 gallon container.
Remember this takes time, dont be in a rush.Light nutes(be sure you have hloes in the bottom of your cups inorder to let acces water run off.
Hope this helps.

Welcome in @swifttgt...Yeppers gathering pots now off of freecycle....so as I have 7 or 8 they go in them.

Hey welcome in @DirtySouth...Well most of the setup and the fans are all free goodies from hunting and gathering off of freecycle ...Got Ya on the light cycle a buddy of Mine back east told Me the same...actually the soil here is dark way dark not like the sandy loams of home though I did sprinkle today and flushed alice as soon as the burn showed up ...

As far as the ph and the tools I know I got feelers out on the freebie sites to see what I can scrounge and also checking the thrifts but like I said the water here is rock hard well water...Soil test is in the mail to the coop here ...That I could afford as far as the water ph neighbors got a pool I asked to use his test kit it is running 6.8 to 7.0 out of the tap but seriously so rock hard you can see the cal and mins in it so I'm also looking for some kind of filter on the free sites...but you gotta test the waters sometime so hopefully through this first grow I can pick up some tools and learn the in and out here Bro.

Welcome in @ArtVandolay ...God Yeah Big Sky... fresh air...More cows than people... I love calling Mt home sweet home even with the learning curve and having to ARGGGGGGGGGGH grow inside for the first time in My life...

Hoping a few old timers drop by that have some tricks on getting the perfect water and nute tea on the cheap without all the pricey toys as theres gotta be some ways to get close

Snaps fingers BTW I raised the hood just to snap the pics I been keeping it about 2 inches from plant tips My bud back east said one inch but the temps were getting high but that was before I found the hepa and ripped out the filter to add the hood exhaust.

DirtySouth wrote:and water with 3-5x the amount of water per container size,3-5 gallons water for a 1 gallon container.
Remember this takes time, dont be in a rush.Light nutes(be sure you have hloes in the bottom of your cups inorder to let acces water run off.
Hope this helps.

Nice start. Keep it happenin' I was surprised at DirtySouth's comment above. If he/ she sees this could you please elaborate about the water for me? It seems like sooooo much to me. Benny out.

420benny said:
DirtySouth wrote:and water with 3-5x the amount of water per container size,3-5 gallons water for a 1 gallon container.
Hope this helps.

Nice start. Keep it happenin' I was surprised at DirtySouth's comment above. If he/ she sees this could you please elaborate about the water for me? It seems like sooooo much to me. Benny out.

This is called flushing. It'll get rid of all the excess fertilizer and built up salts in your soil. Make sure to do it with PH adjusted water or you will just make the problem worse. This will help in cases of nutrient lockout due to poor PH levels or if you fertilize your plants too much and burn them.

Edit: If you use a soil with time release nutrients flushing will make things worse because the more you water the more fertilizer capsules break into the soil. Keep this in mind.

@gmo...Welcome in gmo... Yeppers I did the flush with PH adjusted water on Alice already and a New friend on the MP board noted Me to try something for the hard water cheap so We will see how it goes though I can't use the trick every time as it is those things that hang in the dish washer but they add salt to the soil so only good for an emergency flush if that's all the water you got on hand ...I maybe trucking jugs into town for city water for the gurllllllllls

Reactions: gmo
Thanks gmo. I was hoping that is what was meant. I feared they were recommending 5 gal.water per 1 gal pot for watering. Just making sure. Later

Laughs thinking about farming in NC and any water you found close to fill those 5 gal buckets with was gold and you sure didn't check ppm or anything so long as critters were drinking it and you had a screen to pour it into your bucket to pull out any chunks it was gold liquid gold ...toss in a bit of feed once and awhile let the sun do the rest and those BEASTS grew huge....Chuckles and those 5 gal buckets with weep hoses attached did the trick! ...Yep outside is way past easier

Shakes My head more as I look at the easy bake plant oven I made to grow but ya gotta do what ya gotta do and even an Old Wolfs gotta learn new tricks in a new climate ....Almost wanting to say look Ma it shake and bake and I helped

Leaving a big Thankie for @Old Time Grower for the private message about how to control rock hard water without a salt build up....Putting down one teaspoon of baking soda to every 4 cups of water in my notebook just in case if for what ever reason the first flush for Alice did not work... and if the leaf twisting gets any worse...Also bookmarking the water imp link you sent for a ion descale system for the future when I get a few bucks...Thankie my friend tippin my hat.

Update Alice our Stunt test dumbie gurl plants is looking pretty good after the flush of yesterday... and the six popper gurl babes are looking good as well this am ...so were into day 5 of the grow... after the hood build and Our tough cowgirl Montana gal Alice is in about her second full week of life with good inter node spacing about 1/2 inch each ...and no stretch so I guess I built the hood right ...YEAH...That's means we are past one hurdle....So it's Monday May 25th 2009 ...and Baby we got the plant easy bake oven rocking and rolling on high ...424 watts is all you need ...so lets pick up a little more speed ...Have a wonderful Memorial Day All ...and saluting the Vets out there on the MP board.

James

Tuesday May 26th ...So far so good Alice is looking good after the flush so I'm giving her a little TLC and getting her back on track ...I also harvested and dried the bottom two leaves that were dieing anyway was just enough for a good puff or two but boy does baby got some kick even that young ...Our 6 poppers are looking good ...the 7th in the cup that popped might or might not make it or she just maybe a straggler who knows.

Also a local patient is dropping by to see 6 His seeds planted and give his hail mary too ...Three different strains so two seeds of each strain so we are gonna put them in the plant easy bake and see what we can cross and cook up and get a going.

See We and as We I mean a group of Us had an Idea... We are all medicinal users... Ya'll would probably call us cripples or the walking wounded...Where we tend to prefer the term physically challenged ...Which we are in all honesty...You know the folks on disability that you see in the drug stores and such, and pull your kids away from because we look sick or different or we are in chairs of the rolling kind.

So three of Us have gotten together here and we are bucking the system and we are working together as a collective... and scrounging materials where we can, ...and gathering what donations we can...And guess what Our daily real loving caregivers are even jumping in lending a hand cause they see hope in our eyes.

Why you might ask? When Montana is a caregiver state? ...Well honestly in Our opinion those caregivers don't really care much... they have no programs to help the low income ...they have no program to help hospice patients ...Sure they grow your 6 plants out and keep them growing ...but the meds go to he or she who has the cash...Then when you scrap up enough money to go to one of those So called caregivers you assigned that are growing Your plants and making money off them, and you in turn get wet,or moldy, or way old meds...Trust me the system needs a kick in a positive direction...Which is US

Heck untill I got here the other patients I know here that I have hooked upwith as friends... did not know you could do alcohol extraction and reduction to get just pure meds and take them oral not be stoned all day, but after taking it Shazam they moved better, feel better then some had in years ...So together from an Idea We started Project Medicine Man and... because I have actually grown and done my own extractions... "though be it only outside" I got elected Our fearless leader...So here we are Mt and world, and if we get going and growing... We Will help others like Us that's our goal and We ain't stopping till we get there...

So the 6 beans going in the works today toward helping to take care of our second patient go in curtest of "Nirvana" and Alice who We named our first test plant after...So Thankyou Nirvana for believing in Our rag tag group you Rock Alice! Going in are two Full moons , two Aurora Indcas, and Two White Castles on a wing and Our prayers and 424 watts.

And if anyone wants to know why an old MS patient fights so hard daily I got My reasons.... and they are two other patients sheets pinned to the grow room wall.

James

PS also in the works today I got the one private grant finished and sent for the group though not holding my breath ...and I sent a request to my Old Levis and Leather club back east for possible funding as well ...and on a positive note the Prez posted the request to the membership crossing fingers there...and 42 requests sent off to companies in the cannabis industry for possible support as well so a good mornings work ...Today's a Good day

I like the tight internodal spacing, they are obviously not stretching for light. Have they been repotted yet? I used to put new seedlings in 16oz clear plastic cups and then pot when the roots were showing at the bottom.....I know I know, light on roots is bad, but this is less than a day in early veg and the light on the roots is not much. The reason I mention it is because mine were hitting bottom in those 16oz cups long before they got as big as yours. So if you haven't you might want to go ahead and re-pot before the growth starts to slow from being root bound.

Some of those CFL bulbs look a differetn color, did you use different spectrum bulbs?

I like the set-up, one of the better designed CFL set-ups I have seen.

@NYC_Diesel x Jack_Herer....Welcome in my friend and yeppers they are soon to be re potted I've been doing some checking today to find nursery style pots ...So hopefully this week I should be able to slip out if I keep feeling pretty good and pick up a bakers dozen of square or round pots...I had to throw perlite and vermiculite and some bark in the soil pile I got here and add some organic humus to be ready for the grand replanting...and boy was that a chore with only one good arm, but I got er done...Okay so I had to take a power nap after the mixing too but the re pot soil she be ready Freddie!

Thursday May 28th...Wow I missed two days posting in the journal here as life has been so darn hectic!

So lets see where we are now of the 6 new seeds planted there are no new poppers yet.Which is 2 seeds of each strain AI, Wh Castle,Full Moon

Of the six CCT poppers 5 gurls look freaking great! ..one looks scraggly... and rough... and has fought since day 1 so not sure if that one will make it...So I guess time will tell on her fate...Hum ...dum dum dum dum ...insert eerie music here...Also that mysterious 7th cup with the poppers it did not make it I think it was sucked into the MoNtAnA VoRtEx...Flourish of spinning hands for dramatic effect so my grow journal isn't too boring.

Dadada ...then the adventure to gather the new larger pots started...I zoomed to nursery after nursery...Checking ...asking... begging ...pleading even... to no avail...None had a pot to sell ,trade, or just take off their hands...It was a conspiracy I tell you... lead I know by the nursery owner with the Very bad comb over... that needed to belong to the Brain club for Hair...Opps I mean the Hair club for men...Anyhow I could just sense he was their pot ringleader....

But did I give up?...No I did not... for I scoff in the face of evil pot hording overlords!...Okay that's a bit of overkill but it made me laugh so I'm leaving it up Chuckles....

So I go into town and what happens? ...I hear a Psst from the alleyway ...and a guy says Dude do you want some really killer free pots...Well I did need them... and I did want them ... and they were free...and I just knew one little snatch from the big white glittering stack...Then I could stop after...But No I was grabbing those freaking buckets like a fiend on acid ...Saying Yes mine Mine yes all Mine....It was not a pretty sight ...I'm soooooooooo ashamed ...No I'm not ...but washing all those buckets was an all day chore Wheeeeeeeeeew we....So buckets now dry I drilled one put some rocks in for drainage and soil and tucked in our test plant Alice

hows it goin mystic?
looks good.
yeah it is a bummer livin this far north as far as tryin to grow outdoors. from wat i've learned an read an herd and from my own experience with growin bagseed(unknown strain) up here, i'd have to say if ya wanna do outdoors, definately go wit an afghan strain or a pure indica/ind dom.
im literally a hop skip an jump away from ya so i imagin our weather aint much diff, unless ya up hi in the mts somewhere. lol.
but i started wit 43 plants indoors and in the end outdoors after males an wether casualties an most tehm bein sativa dominamnt i ended with only 3.5 females that really had andy bud worth trimmin an smokin. the rest i all whipped into some iso oil an butter.
i'm actually gonna veg my current batch in veg for only 2-3 more weeks then slap em into 12/12 then im a start a nother batch in veg again and quite possibly considerin doin them outdoors again. as i now know to pick the obvious lookin indica strains to use outdoors only.
i mean i am literally right next ta ya man. and i'd love to do a side by side grow with someone and compare results and regimen etc and who knows, maybe we could pin point many beneficial factors into having successful outdoor grows up here.
Good luck wit the new indoor growing tho.

Latest posts

Back