Outside Experiment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasMonster

Reaction score
I've germinated 4 little bag seeds inside. Once I put them in potting soil I stuck them in the windowseal. From there they did the super stretch thing. I guess this time of year windowseal light just aint enough. Today I have taken two of them and put them in plastic pots that look like they hold about 1½ gallons. I have a 3 pile compost system. I took compost from the ready pile (takes two years of turning and wetting to be ready) and mixed it half and half with regular dirt out of my pasture and put one plant in each. I know they aint gonna get big and give me buds (I dont even know if they are female yet) or anything but I just wanna see what happens with that much compost. I dont use that much compost in my veggie gardens. The other two I dont know what I am going to do with those yet. I may take them waaaaaaaaay out back by the pond and plant them. Ducks may get them, I dunno.

Any pointers or ideas to experiment with while I am building my indoor area? I do know that next spring I am going to do an outdoor grow with yalls help. Yall will help an old timer wont ya?

Compost pile consist of grass clipping, table scraps (that do not include meat products, processed foods or dairy products), Chicken manure, horse manure, and raked up leaves and hay that comes out of my chicken coop (bedding).

This spring I am going to start raising worms as well. I think I have identified a market here for fishing worms. There is a lot of fishing in my area but no local worm growers. So, I could make some change raising worms and have worm casings as well. Coolness?

I know I am rambling but I am bored (getting ready to watch NASCAR) and just fishing for ideas

You might want to add some dolimite lime and perlite and sand to give air more passages thru the soil. Peat Moss any thing that keeps the soil lose help air and water move thru the soil.

I can't remember who posted this link first (thank you who ever you are) but it has serveral soil mixes by some well know names
hxxp://www.breedbay.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=201339188

ozzydiodude said:
You might want to add some dolimite lime and perlite and sand to give air more passages thru the soil. Peat Moss any thing that keeps the soil lose help air and water move thru the soil.

Ok, so thats what the perlite is for. I've seen yall mention it alot. I thought it was a nutrient. I reckon I will ease on down to the local plant nursery or Walmart (I can stand going in there) and get me some perlite.

perlite creates air spaces. As you know too much water can ruin a grow just as bad as too little water. the root zone needs air

Latest posts

Back