need help with plant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flaboy88

stays blunted up
Reaction score
so i have a plant that is about 6 weeks old and is about 6-8 inches tall and looks to be already flowering. it has the white pistols coming out and seems to already be a female but my concern is it seems way to early to be entering the flowering stage. as you kno the time change recently happened and my plant went from a 14-10 to more of a 12-12 and didnt know if i could prevent the flowering stage and send it back to it vegetative stage.. and if so how can i do so and if not is cloning a possibility?

If its outdoors you planted too late. There is nothing you can do if you are growing it outdoors except let it ripen and pluck it (not worth much hassle @ 6 inches).

You can clone, but what strain is it?

And plants will bud @ around 13 hours of light and falling

And just to let you know the time change was created by MAN. Not the Earth. You are @ 10.5 hrs of light in the northern hemisphere right now.

LOL clocks change and the sun follows...:rofl: you got me there.

to be honest i have no idea what strain. this is kinda my first time growing. it has alot of small nice leaf sets with alot of 3 and some 5 sets but it just looks as if its growth was stunted. so nothing will become of it in your opinion?

o and also how would b the simplest way to go abouts cloning?

dig it up put it into a pot and place it inside...or at 6 inches you could clone it but if the clone dies that woul;d stink.

flaboy88 said:
so i have a plant that is about 6 weeks old and is about 6-8 inches tall and looks to be already flowering. it has the white pistols coming out and seems to already be a female but my concern is it seems way to early to be entering the flowering stage. as you kno the time change recently happened and my plant went from a 14-10 to more of a 12-12 and didnt know if i could prevent the flowering stage and send it back to it vegetative stage.. and if so how can i do so and if not is cloning a possibility?

I'm confused--is this plant outside? What does the time change have to do with anything? If your plants are outside, how did it go from a 14-10 to a 12/12 schedule? None of this makes sense to me :confused:

Yes, you can take clones. Read the Stickies here for cloning info: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46

it is outdoors and sun used to come up a little before 7 and would stay dark untill a little before 9 its bout 14 hours or so of light.. since we went back an hour now sun is up round 6 and gets dark at 6.. therefore its only 12 hours..

flaboy88 said:
it is outdoors and sun used to come up a little before 7 and would stay dark untill a little before 9 its bout 14 hours or so of light.. since we went back an hour now sun is up round 6 and gets dark at 6.. therefore its only 12 hours..
It's got nothing to do with the time change - it's the seasons and it's been that way since before "time". You are loosing a few minutes of sunlight a day because days get shorter EVERY day from around June 21th on.... it's called the summer solstice - the LONGEST day of the year..... now we are approaching the winter solstice - the SHORTEST day of the year - around Dec 22nd. That's why we plant in the spring and harvest in the fall when we grow outdoors.
Nothing to do with clocks - it's all about the axis of the planet....

move your plant to the southern hemisphere, and set your clock to stay on 4:20, so it gets constant light...sorry I couldn't help myself.

flaboy88 said:

LOL--Going off daylight savings time doesn't change the amount of hours of sunlight a day. As we slowly head toward the winter solstice, the daylight minutes change by a minute or 2 a day--you do not go from 14/10 to 12/12 overnight--it takes months.

Latest posts

Back