saging and yellowing leaves???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilkrip561

Reaction score
I have some leaves yellowing and saging what should I do. its been under hps 54,000 lumes, 6.0 6.5 ph every few days, tropical humidity, 80 90 degrees always, ocean floor soil and using insta-green on it and sometimes pure blend grow fertilizer to help it and dozes of co2. 27 inches tall some stretch but other than that healthy

what size container are they in? are they possibly rootbound? give more info about your grow so peeps could help you

You need to feed regularly. Insta-grow is just N and your plant needs so much more. I personally would quit with the Insta-green and start giving the recommended doses of the Botanicare. Do not believe all that the people at grow stores tell you. Their main job is to sell things, not necessarily to do you or your grow right.

I do not understand this: "6.0 6.5 ph every few days" What do you pH and how? However, a pH of 6.0 to 6.5 is not really good for either soil or hydro. You could have a lock-out of some essential nutrient because of the low pH. For instance, Phosphorus, Calcium, and magnesium are only absorbed by the plant at pH levels above 6.5. For soil you want a pH between 6.3 and 6.8. Your temps are also too high. You need to do something to get those down to at least the low 80s.

Doses of CO2 also do not do any good. Plants need a continual supply of fresh air all the time the lights are on for proper photosynthesis. Do you have some kind of exhaust system set up? If not, this is a problem, and is also probably causing most of your heat problems.

You do have multiple problems going on here. You need to feed them with a proper nutrient at a proper pH level. So, quit with the Insta-Green and start feeding the Botanicare on a regular basis. Get some pH up if you need to to get your pH at the proper level. This alone will take care of a lot of the problems. However, you do need to also get your heat down. Tell us about your ventilation and maybe we can help with the heat issues.

Latest posts

Back