Outdoor Cultivation (Guerilla Grow) Tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like to do my grows that are only accessible by boat also.i do alot of fishing and this is the plan for the summer on private property too.

In my opinion planting on private property is very disrespectful. You either want to find state land, or natural protected forests. I always plant directly in the ground. I used 50 by 50 rows back in the 80's. Out lined my area in stale urine that I saved from the road trips to and from my grow areas. I used old (and new:rolleyes:) deer carcass's to keep predators in the area. I also found planting near water to be a bad idea- in my opinion. A lot of times I'd come back midway through grow and half my plants were gone because of so many animals. This is also bad for another reason too. Most often then not people, little kids, will follow bodies water or at least stay near to one so they know where they are. My theory is always plant more than you want cause you never what nature could hold in store;)

But to perfect the outdoor grow, get legal and move out of town where you can use your own garden.

hello all newbie here
i read your post TheStickyIcky but it says nothin about the kinda ground/soil as i live in the mountians of south east missouri in other words nowhere u.s.a. and the ground here is really really rocky here some rocks as big as 18 inches round and hard all most like diggin concreate so whats a good way to plant in that kinda ground but plenty of cover as its all forest so would plants grow in that rocky ground and what month would ya plant in my area
thanks all goatroper57

find a way to dig your own holes, and add your own soil. or, i would use camo buckets, or camo burlap filled with soil.
just my ideas

Good stuff man. I read this like 4 times haha. Time to do the damn thing =D

for those of you with national or state forest access, look for large standing dead hardwoods on southward facing ridges, and plant under them. dead trees = no canopy to block the sun and planting south of the trunk ensures that the trunk will not shade your plant as the sun travels north and then south as the summer waxes and wanes. the undergrowth should be fairly limited, and being on a ridge helps with not only getting early sun, but most animals wandering around the woods (humans included) have a habit of thking the easiest way through the area.

and stay away from black walnut trees, they will poison just about any thing you try to grow near them.

liquidfence.com

has liquid fences... growth accelerators.. and one thing I saw was this automatic watering system they are selling for dirt cheap $7.99 and thats for the 32 ounce one too.. and its already camouflaged... i guess these drippers only work for potted or bagged plants though... not sure

Hello fellow growers:
New to the site and really digging all of the great info.
Can someone please advise me as to which sativa grows
best outdoors in southern California? Would be a great help.
:hubba:

Can you use the same method by tying down your babies to small thorn bushes and grow them just like that or will this affect the bud growth?

slowmo77 said:
i've found it very useful to plant near creeks and streams. not so close that someone walking the creek could find my plants but close enough were i don't have to carry water in ever. a big black trash bag rolled up in your pocket will hold more water than you can carry without ripping, its easy to carry and easy to work with. fill it up with as much as you can carry without killin yourself, then when your ready to water just cut a small hole in the corner and let it pour. twist and tie to stop the water. works like a charm.

i also take a medium container with me filled with what ever nutes i plan to use. then i bury it that way its there when i need it and less to carry in. but make sure its buried where YOU can find it. i mark things buried with old rusty coke cans under the leaves or something that blends in the area that only i would remember to look for. good luck this year and stay safe everyone

bro that's a great suggestion, I hope i find a way to employ it myself; but nature is being good to you. shouldn't you be good to it? I encourage you to find a way to mark your spots without littering (even if you're using other people's litter.) as far as an excuse for going in the woods, I plan on bringing a garbage bag into the woods and picking up some trash; not only is it a good cover but it's helpful to the environment and even to your own personal crop.

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
Ya i guess so, what do ya mean by "make" ?? ( like why in quotes)

all i really do is measure the size of the burlap, then i line a bucket with the burlap.....then transplant the plant into the burlap/bucket...
then just tie off the burlap...and pull it out of the bucket.
then walah you got a burlap grow bag.

Its great that they make camo burlap :)))))

Tree Topping is a real clever way of growing outdoors. It’s very creative and funny, at the same time. You can avoid bugs and insects problems when tree toping because most bugs remain on the ground. I grow some of my plants up inside one of my evergreen trees! Using an evergreen makes the basket/plants camouflaged much better then when they are placed in ordinary trees. To avoid having to climb the trees every couple of days to water my mj, I place one of those Aqua Globs inside each basket. Aqua globs work very well! I wish I could post a picture of how I go about growing a plant up on top of a tree, but I haven’t got a digital camera. BTW...at most local nursery, you can buy burlap and it comes with a hanging wire basket too:)

TO keep predator away, i buy some brown nylon stocking and irish spring soap bar from th dollar store make a pit stop to a hair salon and ask ''to broom is for because i need hair for a school project''

fill the stocking with hairs and pieces of soap bar then hag a couple around the perimeter of the growing area and voila!

this plus a little bit of scoot on the stem and i've add any problem with the predator for the last 5 years

Another cheep and clever insecticide is to place a bowl of beer near your plants. This will drown out all of the ants, slugs, worms and other bugs that come near your plants.

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
Pee on bushes, or plants that are near your plants.
DONT pee on the soil close to your plants......you just want your urine sent in the area...i believe it keeps deer away, and they will not nest where you have marked with urine...

As far as protecting against bugs.....i spray a circle of killer.reppelent on the wildlife around my plants.....not close enough to get on the mj plants, but enough to keep some bugs out of the area.

Also, if your looking to do just a few ourdoor mj plants...i would say learn about tree top growing.....its advised that your a good climber...but tree top grows are very stelthy, and can get lots of light.

I put one of mine inside an evergreen cedar tree. Sometimes the marijuana plant gets a little damaged on it's way up. So, I suggest protecting the marijuana plant by covering it up with something before venturing up inside the tree. I usually protect it by covering it up with a cut off soda bottle. Afterwards, I remove and discard the bottle. Then after the basket is secured safely up against the trunk of the tree, I stick a strong wire (close hanger through the center top & center bottom) of the basket and wrap it onto the branches. I rather use a cone-shaped basket then anything else because it can wedge up against the branches better. When bad weather comes around, don’t worry because the plant will always rejuvenate back to itself in a matter of days.

ok, I have read all of these post and please I must know what nutes are and what they do. It also be cool if you can explain this situation[Some of the plants bottom leaves are withering the top ones look good and somewhat vibrant]Should a person worry about this or are they just over concerned cause of lack of knowledge of OD growing

I have plants that I am growing outside that have white stuff on the leafs, at first I thought that it may be hard water spotts from me watering, but I dont think that is it any more it seems to be getting wores

A few notes:
I do not think planting near a water source (river streams) is a good idead.These waterways are avenues for copters & other aircraft.I have adopted a water catment system which gives me plenty of on hand water.You can see this in my "green cloud" thread.
Also,if your planting on a mountain face make sure it faces north.
A good rule of thumb is,if you were a hunter,would you shoot,track,and drag a deer from your prospect area?..
Keep your area as clean as nature would want it.
Do not tell anyone who would not die for you,or do time with a tight lip for you about your spot.
A heavy Lb teat (15 or 20lb) fishing line around the perimeter of your spot a lil' higher then waiste high,does wonders for deer,I have not had a problem.I put one circle around my garden about 15' away from plants in all directions then another around the first wrapping around trees (and piss when I have to)
Use organic nutes if you can and whenever possible.
Don't destroy natural flora,foliage,trees and shrubs especially if your in a protected park!! It is more noticable from the air,and its just not cool nor do I agree with it AT ALL.How would you like your plants ripped out..
Keep hydrated!! If you gotta hike in and out your gonna need to be in tip top shape mentally and physically,without water you'll be finished.Bring water for YOURSELF as well as some trail mix or something light...take the wrappers with you,they are a trail to your location!!
Stay cool

i grow outside every year,been doing it for about 9 years now.This is the first year i have grown indoors and i started just a few weeks ago.I had a female plant that was way way smaller than the other,so i brung her in and stuck her under a light and revegged her,shes doing great,ready for cloning soon.But anyway the other plants i have outside are doing awesome,not really sure what they are some look like sativas,some indicas,some hubrid..i did grow a few years with the same seed,i would grow a patch just for breeding and each year the smoke was better.but i lost those seeds and just had to pick a few seeds out of bags this year..but like i said they are doing great,i dont like a tall plant so i try to top them 3 or 4 times in a grow season,keep them short and bushy,althought this year for some reason i havnt topped any of my plants.but i do have them in some pretty secure places.1 of my sativas is about12 feet tall,and about 7 foot wide and another sativa that i have is about 10 foot.The reast are anywhere from 7 to 9.I mostly grow in briers.Yeah u will get scratched up prett bad,butits worth it...sin shines on them really good and u can pull the briers over the plant to hide them and plants intend to just grow up threw the briers with out any problems.When i plant out door i dig my holes about 2 feet deep and a foot 1//2 wide.Thats plenty, i fill them up with 50% miracle grow potting soil and good rich ground dirt.I like to start my plants in white starafoam cups,then i take them tranplant in my holes,water really good and lettem grow..that simple...alot of people dont like to miracle grow everyday but i do when its outside...i water every morning and every evening ..then i take a spray bottle and spray just the leaves and buds.I have had some of the stickiest bud i have ever saw or smoked by doing that.

Rule of growing marijuana!
1.Never show anyone.
2.Never tell anyone.
3.take different routes in and out of patch
4.dont get impatient and harvest to soon
5.if ur gonna do it-then do it right

My thoughts on Guerilla Growing:

Who knows the woods, fields, etc. better than a hunter? I think hunting and growing is a great metaphor for eachother in a way. You don't want to be seen, smelt, or detected in any other way. You have to know your surroundings and what to look for.

Finding a place.
Rule of thumb, break your plots up into different areas, and in small groups of about 3. Look for natural like, BUT good over head protection from the choppers. Spent a few hundred dollars and put a few trail cams out to watch for people, or something even more simple: A 6 pack of beer with one missing, half a tin of chew or a few cigarettes in a box, a wallet with a couple dollars in it, etc. You need to make sure people do NOT frequent this area. Dig your holes, and put them right in the ground. Grow bags are a good way to go for premixed soil, if you have bad soil, etc. Buckets are not acceptable when trying not to be detected, PERIOD. Make it look natural, covert, and guerilla style. Not near roads, right by water sources, etc. Practice topping methods, or LST. Leave nothing behind except your plants. Wear gloves, tape your boots, cover your face, don't talk, etc. Take your nutes, water jugs, and whatever you took with you, back out of your grow spot.

Latest posts

Back