Sweet Sativa.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks folks.

Yeah... I was saying that the trichs were looking to be nearing harvest for my liking, but when growing a new strain for the first time (especially an unknown cross), it's impossible to know what they will do next, or when the ideal time for harvest is exactly. They are starting to develop their odors more though. :D

These are now acting like many Sativa dominant plants by performing another stretch. I don't mind it... Really. But I don't want these things to go until November... ;)

purchase a 'purple' strain, AND pray!...;)

Actually, I am 99% sure there are no purple strain genetics in this as I haven't had any purple genetics in a few years. I could understand if it were one random plant with an odd purple pheno. But to have a bunch doing this with the purple pistils...??? It's not like the buds are purple... I do have a few buds (most Indica dom), but they are barely showing signs. Where did they come from, I have no idea! The pistils on those are white though. I am pretty sure this is LR2 x Cherry Malawi. I do believe the kinds of fertilizer I am giving may be bringing out these vibrant colors as well...

Anyways, I really can't be 100% of these genetics as I think a bunch of beans got mixed up earlier on in the year. Whatever though. Super dankness will end with here as I am taking no clones... Unless someone wants to try their way trying to reveg this. ;)

sorry about the stem :( My sats are just now starting to flower :p

dltoker did you notice them get purple after a cooling or cooler period? mine seem to do that when the temps go down. the indicas love it cooler.

Yeah, it was a sad day, Flying... But, it's all part of the fun of growing OD.

Hmm, 2Dog, i believe it started around the second week of flower... And it did get a little cool around then. However, it is just the newest growth on the top of each bud that is purple. All other growth on the bud is green and "normal". So, not too sure as this is new to me... As for a lot of things in my grow this year.

Spider mites, which I squashed early on for the most part. Grasshoppers, which don't bother me too much anymore either. White Flies are the newest of my problems... Which are still on all of my plants causing a ruckus.

Photo op again tomorrow. I sprayed them HEAVY today with 3 tbsp Neem Oil, 2 Tbsp FF Big Bloom, 1 Tbps Kelp Extract, 2 Tbps 0-2-0 Guano... All in one gallon of H20. Kinda curious as to how they respond to this beating. ;)

Well, here is some pics. Can you find all the bugs??? ;) They are definitely feeling the foliar I tossed on them last night... It seems as if the girls just keep asking for more and more and MORE. I even think the buds may have grown overnight... :rolleyes: Probably me just being silly though. :p

Anyways, a chopper flew overhead while I was walking out there so the pics are a bit shaky, but there is nothing I can do about my nerves when that happens. :)

So, pertaining to the pink pistils again. They are on just about all of the plants. The Sativas which have only been putting real buds on for a week or so have some pink in the pistils even. I really think the coloration in the plants has to do with the nutes I am feeding them... I can't wait to try Milorganite again as I am pointing my finger at that. ;)

Anyways, enjoy. The purple pistil plants are still stretching. But the Indicas seem to be ready to harvest within a week or two. Yay!:D

DSC01572.png

DSC01576.png

DSC01581.png

DSC01584.png

DSC01588.png

DSC01589.png

DSC01590.png

DSC01593.png

DSC01596.png

DSC01599.png

DSC01600.png

DL Those colored pistils are something else.... Im now gonna pray every night that the cold weather did it to yours and wll do it to my OD crop too... Great pics bros keep'em coming....

Well, I just mustered up the courage and belief to go back to my grow. Everything is great! :D Well, it's still there and no one is scoping it out. :rolleyes:

I call this place Crystal Valley. It's a very low and damp area. Great for never having to water, but horrible for cold, long nights. As soon as the sun goes down, moisture and fog is everywhere. So, as of late, I have been dealing with areas of bud rot. I can't seem to beat the infected areas with Neem Oil, so I chopped four tops today... Maybe lost 3 grams due to mold. :baby:

For having four infected areas, it loss isn't really anything. I stay on top of these and pamper their every calling.

So, here are a few harvest pics. Just about 50% cloudy with the trichs. Can't wait for another two weeks because these are fattening up big time! Trich production may lack due to the chillier temps though... :rolleyes: :farm:

DSC01627.png

DSC01630.png

DSC01631.png

DSC01633.png

DSC01634.png

DSC01637.png

DSC01643.png

Nice :D I had mold probs last year :( What a pain in the butt.I lost some grammage. I cut out the moldy parts and threw them in with my hash-shake.There was alot of rain by me so my buds were getting to much moisture on them.
GREAT JOB!!!
Stay Cool

sorry to hear of the mold DL. but all is not lost, at least.:cool: ...

that is a very stout cola you have there. is that 1, or 2 plants there? if you blow up pic, you can see purps lower down by ground, which is possibly another plant?...;) ...

yay, early bud. great job man...

Thanks guys. The mold really isn't too bad, just a pain in the balls knowing that the conditions are so close to things spiraling out of control...

The last pic is of one plant and the cola has purple hairs all over it. :hubba: I really do love this strain. Oh wait, I rolled a little pinner last night that I never got around to of... :smoke1:

The buds are turning purple with the pink pistils... :hubba:

Bud rot is really getting on my nerves. I have one sativa that is packing big, rock hard buds... And they're coming fast. I have 3 of them and they are each looking to give me 4 ozs a piece.

DSC01685.png

I mix 4 tbs of Neem Oil in my one gallon spray jug and treat spray the entire plant. Buds and all. When I chop, I rinse the buds thoroughly (just like any consumable plant) and then hang them to dry.

I am doing a treatment tomorrow for all the plants as well as foliar feeding. I am now giving them twice the recommended dose for 3 different organic fertilizers and they are eating it up. Especially one strain... They are flowering so fast. :cool2:

Latest posts

Back