White stuff on my soil mix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oldsman said:
Thanks 4U,i do have mole asses.What's the best to add that in?I am thinking the same for veg and flower as that also.4U,do you use your mix in the shed also?Temps are too hot for the HPS in my shed but I can keep it good enough to run my T5 for veg/clones/autos.Was wondering if you use it inside cause if I remember one of THG's post in her getting dirty thread there was something mentioned about maybe the soil not working good indoors because of something or another.

Yes Same soil:icon_smile:..this be the first time running Shed in summer...mainly just the flower room..so far the temps been okay..next week when outside temps getting hotter we will see how long I can keep flowering...Hope to continue through summer...wish me luck oldsman....I take clones from plants outside to put in flower room...
:48:

The Hemp Goddess said:
Lime helps buffer the pH in your soil mixtures. So if you are using cottonseed meal, which is quite acidic, be sure to use lime to to help buffer the acidity of the cottonseed meal. Don't throw the cottonseed meal out, but when it is gone, look for a substitute for N that is less acidic.
:yeahthat:

Sorry I wasn't clear.

Besides the acidity (takes something like 10lbs of lime to neutralize 100lbs of CSM), cotton is about the most heavily treated crop there is. It's just bad ju ju.

Yes, the agricultural limestone is what you want, not the hydrated. Read the label carefully, I know Hi-Yield has hydrated lime, so make sure you don't snag it by mistake.

Alfalfa is one of my *must haves*. My *must haves* are alfalfa meal, kelp meal and EWC.

I use equal amounts of alfalfa and soy now, but it took me a couple of years to find soybean meal, semi-locally. But any feed store has alfalfa. Either meal, or pellets (rabbit food), or big pellets (horse size).

Wet

4U,I got me a 2x4x5 tent(actually scored 4 tents at $20 each)set up in the shed with a cool tube.I have a 6 inch centrifical fan pulling air through the tube exhausting outside the shed(8x8).I recently added a 5050 btu air conditioner.My daily outside temps are mid to high 90s with heat index even higher.after setting up tent and everything,I light it up to test the ventilation and temps went over 100 within an hour and the temp in the shed rose as well.My fan pulls enough air to cancel what the air conditioner is doing.Sucks the cold right out.Yours is probaly better insulated than mine is.Wetdog,thanks for clarifying,THG had filled me in also_One other thing Wetdog,why would you use your post#666 on me,you couldn't have used it on a newbie or something,lol.

Latest posts

Back