The Temp meter Froze....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

000StankDank000

Reaction score
I was having trouble with my Temp meter so I bought a Diffrent one and it was working well. When I got home I open the tent and cold feel the cold and the plants were droopy and cold to the touch.
Does this look like it got cold shock?
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421373994.381780.jpg
This guy is the same size as others and all fed the same but got nute burn I think
View attachment ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421374039.675109.jpg I guess every plant is Diffrent and she didn't like it.

I am just curious and wanna learn what these girls are telling me.
Thanks

I doubt the coldness hurt your plant. I got mad at one of mine and stuck it outside in 20 degrees for 4 days and it lived. I judge the health of the plant by the new growth. So looks like you had a problem early on and corrected it. Those old bottom leaves will probably be trimmed off later anyway. The first picture shows something going on. Here is a link to different issues. I can't tell what it is by that picture. I am not the best at deficiencies. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54233

How cold do you think it was? Ime... Cold shock will affect ruderalis and sativa plants more than indicas. It could be cold shock...but its hard to tell. I have seen cal mag deficiencies look like that as well.

How cold was it exactly? When you say temp meter, what exactly are you talking about? Do you have something that monitors your temps and adds heat/cool as needed or are you talking about a thermometer?

The temp meter tells me the temp of the inside off the tent. Rose it gets -30C were I live.

It was 38F when I put plant to my face it was Cold. All the leaves had curled up. Today with temp back at 75F all seems better.

Okay, you were talking about a thermometer. I don't think that 38 is going to do any kind of permanent damage, but they do not like to be that cold. Where are you growing that it is getting that cold during veg? Are you running your lights 24/7? Try and get some heat to your space so that the temps do not go below 60, although I usually add more light rather than using the electricity to add a heater. They kind of quit growing when the temps get down that low.

You must be in a garage, you are in veg correct? Leave your lights on 24 hours a day. If thats not enough you need a heater.

Well I'm in a cold spot lights stay on 24/7. I got chirped for down sizing my duct work so I up sized it and now my tent can't break 66F with a 1000watt MH full blast 24/7 . So looks like I need to choke down at least one run to get into the 70F at least.

How do you guys feel about bottom of pot on cold concrete floor?

How do you guys feel about bottom of pot on cold concrete floor?

Its a bad idea get them of the floor even a few inchs, more if you can, turn your ventalation down if you can, vegging plants dont smell much, usually.

I was thinking about your pots on the cold floor, I agree with dman, get them up off of there. brrr.

It sounds like you need to get a fan speed controller to connect to your exhaust fan so that you can turn it down. I live in the south US and I still have to turn down my ventilation during the colder days, then turn it up to full speed on hot days. There is a good speed controller that I have used for quite some time without having any issues with it. It is the Active Air controller: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Active-Air-ACSC-Speed-Adjuster/dp/B007TFTITS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421600855&sr=8-1&keywords=active+air+fan+speed+controller[/ame]
This is very easy to use, totally plug and play. :)

Definitely get those kids off the ffloor. I would even put down some insulation board then plywood on top of that to keep the cold from seeping into the space.

Latest posts

Back