Need advice on high yield strain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Localfan420

Reaction score
Soo I live in Massachusetts and weeds legal now...I gotta put some seeds in the ground. I haven't grown in 5 years...a little rusty...

I have a 3×3 tent and gonna buy a 600 watt led from amazon for flowering.

I need suggestions for a high yielding strain. I plan on ordering from Attitude Seeds.

If i use a scrog method on one or 2 plants, i'd hope to have a bountiful harvest that will hold me over until I can upgrade my grow space.

Any thoughts?

what kind of pot do you want? sleepy or speedy? both?

congratulations on being legal. And welcome back to MP!

Makes no difference, prefer an indica species for those traits (shorter flowering time also)

I was really interested in the greenhouse brand but unsure of those yields. Kalashnikova in particular.

Or i heard big bud is a heavy producer, just want something cheap too, budget is a concern hence the led lights

Sounds like you know what you want. There are cheaper lights than led's.

What's cheaper than Leds? Guess it has been a while...lol
Bummed that my basement is too cold, only 52° right now...gonna have to start this in a spare bedroom during the winter

What's cheaper than Leds? Guess it has been a while...lol
Bummed that my basement is too cold, only 52° right now...gonna have to start this in a spare bedroom during the winter

Are you doing 2 separate spaces? One for Vegging and one for flowering?
Or are you going to Veg in the 3x3 and then just flip the lights with whatever Females you get? Speaking of that. Might be better of with some Fem Beans so you know you will get females. Either way I would get a smaller Veg space set up so you can at least take clones of your females so you can get the biggest bang for your buck. I recently bought a King LED Light off Amazon for like 180 shipped and it has been rocking. You could also go the 600W HPS route. Probably pick one up for about the same cash. I myself have gone LED and will stay there.

Plan on only using the one tent for now and buying feminized seeds. Wanted to use leds for the $ saving on electricity and lower heat output.

Eventually I would like to keep a mother plant, and purchase another tent.

Plan on only using the one tent for now and buying feminized seeds. Wanted to use leds for the $ saving on electricity and lower heat output.

Eventually I would like to keep a mother plant, and purchase another tent.

I am still not sure just how much I am saving on electricity. Heat is lower but an air cooled hood on an HPS bulb can come close. That being said... I love my LED lights and wouldn't switch back.

This might be off topic but seems related to me, at current present digital time: How about using sugar in water for last few waterings? Anyone had amzing success/pitiful failure from this? Read it in Jorge Cervantes's Bible he wrote, I'm sure y'all are familiar..,. Remember the side-by-side photos of the buds he used sugar water with towards the end vs those he didn't? Is that increased flower size over all , really, so quickly?! Or is it just wet-weight that looks fat but still dries and cures the same....?
.....always did want to try that seemingly simple and worthwhile trick.....
If it works it might help your buds be even fatter, Localfan, good luck and and congrats on living in one of the parts that fixed a broken piece of our insane system/world

Molasses is the only "sugar" I would use in my organic dirt grow.

Hmm molasses you say.... OK thanks. I've always wanted to try a side by side.....

Fan -- Congrats on being legal !-- I'm with Hammy on LEDS! -- We got a slight heat problem in South Texas !
I got 4 aero boxes I built in bloom --I use the Mars Hydro 300 Reflector Series -- I run hybrids that finish in roughly 60 days !-- 60 days divided by 4 is 15 -- I move a box to bloom every 2 weeks and a box is ready to harvest every 2 weeks !-- I just expanded from using one box to 4 in bloom !-- I keep no mothers !-- I have a White Widow that is over 3 years old !- I take cutting from plants in bloom root them-- veg. for awhile-- then back to bloom !-- I don't bother with molasses !-- I keep sticking them into bloom every 2 weeks and they keep coming out every 2 weeks !-- 2 heavy users that take cannacaps regularly and we get by !

Might be off topic but not really !-- My grow room temps run in the mid 70's -- I also brew a little alcohol and that is a good temp to brew !-- I doubt the additional CO2 needs the plants that much but that's my story and I'm sticking to it !-- I make fruit wine then turn it into fruit brandy !-- Ever heard of Watermelon Brandy ? -- Me either but it will light U up !-- Like I said it's all about the additional CO2 !-- Joint of Nurse Larry and a glass of my brandy and everything little thing gonna be alright !

Latest posts

Back