Frying with canna butter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
You don't see many references to frying with canna butter so I thought I would give it a whirl.

I have had so much trouble lately with dosing that I stopped making big batches (shelved the MBM for now) and I am making smaller batches for experimenting with.

So, first I decarbed the pot. Then, I shook it over a 133 micron screen for the dry sift base material.

For this test I took 2 tablespoons of real butter and let it soften on the counter at room temperature. Then, I took 3.5 grams of the dry sift and mixed it in with the butter real good. I let it sit on the warmer on the stove for a while. It never went liquid. Almost, but not quite. I didn't measure the temperature.

At the end of the night I put it in the fridge to harden for today.

Not sure what to do with it because I want to ingest the entire 3.5g at one time but it's hard to eat 2 tablespoons of butter. LOL I thought butter mints but I would have to eat 1/2 cup of sugar to get the entire 3.5 grams. I thought, hot buttered rum. But... for breakfast? LOL

So, I decided on scrambled eggs and toast.

I let the butter warm up just a tad to make it spreadable. I made toast from some fresh ciabatta bread I made yesterday and smeared it with the canna butter. Not much.

Then, I heated up my ceramic frying pan and put a little plain, real butter in it. I let it heat up to just under the smoke point and measured the temp with my digital laser thermometer. It was pretty up and down but it never went over 300F and usually more like 200F - 240F.

So, I added all the canna butter and let it heat up to about 200F or 250F. I scrambled some eggs in a bowl with some salt, pepper, garlic and a touch of oregano. Pretty much how I always make my scrambled eggs, and fried them up in the butter.

Well, I sat down with a nice tall glass of milk and tasted the eggs. I was shocked. I could not taste the canna at all. I was real happy and took a giant bite of the bread.... yech, ptooey. LOL The bread was terrible (as is most canna food) but the eggs masked the taste of the canna better than just about anything I have tried yet.

I guess popular opinion is that it gets too hot to fry with canna oil or butter but I managed to fry some eggs and never got past 300F.

Anyone else have any experience with frying with canna oil/butter?

I've been treating my canna butter like frank's hot sauce. Been putting that shizz on everything.:evil::evil::bongin::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::headbang2::headbang2:

Oooooooo, Franks Hot Sauce. I love that stuff. What better way to hide the taste of cannabis than hot sauce. I never considered.

I can see it now... HackerFrank's RSO Hot Sauce. On your grocer's shelves soon. ;)

Hey, why shouldn't I cash in on this boom like everyone else? LOL

If I'm not mistaken, a lot of hot sauces are made with butter and oil, yes? I need to look into this.

I think I am getting closer to finding my dose. Today, from the 3 grams I ate, I got cottonmouth real bad, I was disoriented for a short time and forgot what I did, I fell asleep at my computer for 15 minutes and now, I just ate a raw potato with salt because I'm starving.

Yep, I must be getting closer, now. LMAO

When you fried your eggs in it, it resulted in you actually are getting very little of the cannabutter--just that which might stick to the eggs when you take them from the fry pan. With the butter you put on the toast...well you were eating the butter. These are actually entirely different things and I am pretty sure that the non-taste of the butter on the eggs is because there was actually a miniscule amount that you ingested.

I don't know about that. I put about a TBSP and a half in the frying pan and it was dry when I took the eggs out. It either absorbed into the eggs and I ate it or..... or what? Butter does not evaporate at under 200F. New ceramic non stick pans are as smooth as glass. Nothing left in the pan. It went in my belly faster than a baby in Fat Bastard's lunch bag.

Also, I had a baked potato the day before with canna butter and a fried egg on top and the egg masked the taste of the butter on the potato very well. I would say eggs just mask the taste well.

I do not know where the butter went, but as one who cooks a lot, I cannot image an egg or 2 somehow absorbing 1-1/2 T of fat.

I've been treating my canna butter like frank's hot sauce. Been putting that shizz on everything.:evil::evil::bongin::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::headbang2::headbang2:

If you like Franks you should try Louisiana Gold. You can only buy it online or go to Cracker Barrel and ask for hot sauce.

I order this stuff by the case.

this thread is causing me to have cravings for fried eggs... it's been so long that i hadn't eaten any. i must be craving those rare trace elements in the yoke i guess :p

Latest posts

Back