LSD & Red Dragon LED 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always pull them down and across the Scrog net. The longest branches get pulled down and across then I super crop it. This way the plant puts energy on the lower branches, that way they will stretch up to the light.

Just a quick update.
Still in the long veg cycle but the LSD is spreading outwards nicely. The Red Dragon probably should not have been LST'd. It now has lots and lots of little off shoots at really tight node spacing. Its becoming a tight bush, not crazy tight but its going to have a crowded canopy when I hit the 12/12. Im already defoliating it every 4 days to keep it manageable. I plan on switching to 12/12 as soon as the LSD fills her 1/2 of the scrog.

View attachment 20180320_054615.jpg

View attachment 20180320_054755.jpg

View attachment 20180320_054820.jpg

What a sweet success and a special way of lighting. The indoor set up was a perfect combo of DIY stuffs and like cinema stage

Another week gone. Today Ill be sitting down for an hour or two and doing a heavy defoliation. That way I can see where things are at better. Im hoping to flip to flower in a week or 2.The LSD is doing pretty good, its been in pre-flower for a week or 2 now so she's itching to get flipped. She was showing Mag and/or Potassium deficiency in the lower leaves last week. I found the soil ph to be very low (under 6) so I did a minor flush and hit her with 6.9 and 7.0ph water for the last week and there are no signs of any more leafs turning. So I think thats under control.
The Red Dragon is bushy bushy. Today I'll defoliate her and next week Ill try and take a few clones to put outdoors once spring starts to hit full swing. Ill do the same with the LSD.
Last photo is the Red Dragon.

View attachment 20180325_101626.jpg

View attachment 20180325_101533.jpg

View attachment 20180325_101340.jpg

View attachment 20180325_101616.jpg

I plan on taking clones this weekend. Ive never cloned before so i was hopeing to get a bit of advice.
I have cloneX gel and rapid rooter starters. Theyll go in my propagation dome under a mars 300 led about 18 inches away.
My questions are, should the clones stick out past bottom the rooter? And should the rooter be slightly submerged or just kept moist with a spray bottle?
Also Ive read leds arent great for cloning. Will that be an issue for me?

I got a new Vivoson 4x4x6.5 tent this week. In the Mars 3.5x3.5x5 that I had been using, the temps were great but the led curled the leaves within hours of being turned on full bore. Im hoping the extra foot and a half gives me the distance to turn the light up to 100% safely. Not gonna lie it was a long hard day taking everything out of the tent and then rebuilding a bigger tent in an already small closet. But it got done and I still had time to take some clones. I grabbed 12 from the LSD and 7 from the Red Dragon. Its my first time attempting to clone so fingers crossed that I have at least a little bit of success.

Going to be flipping to 12/12 sometime mid week. Tomorrow Im going to strip off all growth below the scrog. I figure they would like a day or two to rebound from a hefty trim before starting a new stage in life.

View attachment 20180330_182506.jpg

View attachment 20180330_170021.jpg

View attachment 20180330_182435.jpg

I think that sounds like a good plan. green mojo for the rest of your grow.

Here for the remainder of the stay lol. Looks good brotha

Thanks guys, Im excited to see how this LED does in the flower stage. I also have some good news with the clones. They got ROOTS! I'll give them a week and get them into some soil buckets until the weather warms up a bit more then they'll go out side into the garden.

View attachment 20180405_170516.jpg

A week or two into flowering and the LSD has stretched a bit and will be ready for the 2nd level of scrog soon. I was just waiting to see the distance I should set the next level at before I put it in. The LSD is also become a thirsty thirsty plant. She needs to be watered at least once a day but is very happy to take a watering in the morning and a 2nd about 2-3 hours before dark period. I typically water every day with feeding every other day, but with this girl I've been feeding in the morning and watering in the afternoon everyday. She seems to like that schedule.

The Red Dragon on the other hand can go 2-3 days without watering and it doesn't show any signs of wilting. I still water her daily but not nearly as much as the LSD. The Dragon has also been a super pain in the rump to keep the foliage in line. It just doesn't stop growing huge fan leaves, I've defoliated the plant 2 maybe 3 times since the last update (hard to keep track) and I'll probably end up doing it 2 more times before I just let her flower as is. Im curious to see how she ends up, she is nothing like the other 2 red dragons that I grew in the past which were tall and very well spaced out.

Here's the LSD after 18hrs between watering followed by an hour after watering.
View attachment 20180413_164714.jpg
View attachment 20180414_061434.jpg

The Red Dragon on the other hand can go 2-3 days without watering and it doesn't show any signs of wilting. I still water her daily but not nearly as much as the LSD. The Dragon has also been a super pain in the rump to keep the foliage in line. It just doesn't stop growing huge fan leaves, I've defoliated the plant 2 maybe 3 times since the last update (hard to keep track) and I'll probably end up doing it 2 more times before I just let her flower as is. Im curious to see how she ends up, she is nothing like the other 2 red dragons that I grew in the past which were tall and very well spaced out.
(the Red Dragon looks a bit sad right now but I just took another 4 fist fulls of leaves off of her)

Attachments

• 20180414_061423.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 20180414_061825.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 20180414_061919.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 85
  • 20180414_061924.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 90
Recently the ph in my nutrient mix is dropping fast. Its taking almost a cup of pH up to get it to 6.5. Is that an indication that one or more of my bottles have gone bad? Ive had these bottles for a little more than a year.
The plants look healthy but its taking a lot more ph up than i normally use.

Good morning, day 24 of flower and everything is looking good. I put up the 2nd tier scrog but I had anticipated at least 6 more inches of stretch but as soon as I put it in, they stopped stretching. Must have been the added shade.
View attachment 20180428_100849.jpg

The LSD stopped just after it reached the 2nd tier. Maybe it'll come up a bit more, but she is starting to stack up nicely and getting its own little aroma.
View attachment 20180428_100859.jpg
View attachment 20180428_100934.jpg
View attachment 20180428_102551.jpg

The Red Dragon is doing good, still a bushy as hell plant though. I may have shocked her a bit with how many leaves I take off every other day. But as you can see, you cant tell at all by the foliage it keeps putting out. However the bud sites on top are looking like they want to explode into the large buds I've seen on the other Dragons I've done.
View attachment 20180428_100955.jpgView attachment 20180428_101059.jpg

And here is a cloned LSD I put under 12/12 just 6 days after cutting. Im going to be really interested in how much she produces. I may have to start growing from clone if its that much faster! Just need to find space for a mother tent.
View attachment 20180428_101255.jpg

I also got an Exhale Co2 bag. My tent doesn't keep much air in it for long but I figured it couldn't hurt. And to my surprise, it made a bit of a difference. They seem to be slightly more vigorous and perky. Before I would notice a lot of drooping when the tent got warm and just after watering. A few days after putting the bag in they started to stay consistently happier when the temps rose and the soil gets a bit moist. Im pretty happy with the purchase.

And we have a light failure. To bad, I was really starting to like this light. Well, I guess we will see what kind of costumer service he offers.

View attachment 7520.jpg

Latest posts

Back