New To This World...

• Thread starter -Hand->Of<-Eris-
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

-Hand->Of<-Eris-

Hello all, just jumped into the fabulous world of growing... im hoping you all have some hints and tips for me. I am in the first 2 weeks of my first flower cycle. i am running a 125w CFL on two female plants. My first question is; i have a small closet setup, i have no way to vent airflow except to leave the doors open during the day, when the 12/h light is on.. I have heard since i am using a CFL, that the temp in the area will not be so high, but have no way to tell.. Am i loosing precious light by leaving the doors open? Can i close the doors for more periods of the day? Thanks for the Forum setup, ive looked around and this is a very useful place :)

You need to vent, not only to remove heat but to bring fresh air into the grow area.

A hole top and bottom of your closet is needed, 2 small comp fans or something similar, 1 pulling air in (bottom) and 1 pushing heat and exhausted air out (top)

Welcome to the forum Hand :)

You have joined a place that is going to blow your mind with all the info here, not just with replies to your questions, but with info left by the footprints of past growers :aok:

You have a lot of reading ahead of you, and be warned ... your about to become addicted to the forum ;)

-Hand->Of<-Eris- said:
I am in the first 2 weeks of my first flower cycle. i am running a 125w CFL on two female plants.

Hi Hand, welcome aboard! Just curious about your light, that is awful low for 2 plants, what are your expectations of what you are going to get from them? In other words I am asking if you know this is not sufficent :)

Thank you hippy, and im already addicted, ive been on here for 4-5 hours just reading...

THCpez - yes i understand that it is a low light setup.. 1. im still getting to know these things and playing around with them. 2. im in this to get personal smoke, and figured that in the small area i have, this would work for me... As ive read on in the forum, ive figured that im going to have to work my way up to a higher powered light and possibly a seperate flower room. so to answer you, yes i am aware that i am probabaly running way to low, just need to get my barrings in the indoor grow world?

Hand : Welcome man, Sounds like you're off to a good start. How about startin a grow journal. So we can hear and see your progress. Good Luck

Cool man, I hear ya. But there are some low cost ways to get some more lighting going on, you can buy those screw in "Y" adapters to add 2 lights (or more) if you have the means to add a few more CFL's.

Love to see a journal man! Send up some pics!

hey dude im trying my own setup now but im having problems with heat that is the 1st thing u have 2 worry about

cfls are ok for veg but will not work in flower.just how it is.without HPS your harvest will be minute.invest in a switchable hid and you will not regret it.also ventilation is a must.clean air coming in and warm air going out the top.

You really do need some ventilation. No succesful grow happens without it.
You can open the doors up intermittenly, but I can't say that would be enough.
You'll figure it out.
I'm looking into a compact HPS light-may be a while but it's gonna happen...

:farm: :farm: Welcome to Marijuana Passion!! :farm: :farm:

Gb

i am not able to cut holes into my closet setup, thus it is not my property... so fir the time being untill i get my self a box built, can i leave the doors open during the day cycle, and mabye setup a small inlet vent tubing to suck air in at night. i have a small office fan ciculation air 24/7.

GeezerBudd... could you let me know what comes about (and mabye a site to get one) your search for a compact HPS setup?

Latest posts

Back