First Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
itll work. i have a few males at the momment that are off in the corner hardly getting any light and they produce more and more pollen sacks every day. i just grow them till i fill a vial with pollen then use that. just sprinkle a bit on the plants i want seeds, then put away for a later time.

HemperFi said:
I want to make some seeds -- I want to cross the Satori with the Cheese. I have a big CFL I can hook up down below to put a male under.... What do you think?

I plan to make some seeds this spring, you want to be careful, the pollen can easily affect your girls, your on a boat right?, my plan is somthing i saw done at another site, im going to put cfl's in a rubbermaid container and grow a male in there, he can be bent and tied to fit in there, just a thought.

i really enjoy breeding. i got a a few stable crosses, that are down to like 1-2 phenos now, took a couple years.

im working on creating some autos now, my first ones are (Northern Lights No. 2) x (Grapefruit). theres 2 phenos that i found in the grape fruit one grows really tall and lanky other is short and fat. going to work with them fr awhile, coming along nicely, probably have 1000 seeds atleast off 1 of the 4 plants alone :)

shot of the grapefruit tall pheno hit with the NL#2 short and stubby pollen, 3 weeks flower. then a shot of the tent now being used for breeding them, the left 4 plants are the fruits, showing the 2 phenos, very distinct differences. then the new fruits in the middle, they probably just go to buds to smoke instead of seed.

the rights are 2 Critical jacks that i hit with the NL pollen also but im not going to go any further with them, just wanted a few seeds.

the basement is another breeding project, i forced hermied my sour kush lone with colidal silver and pollenated the other clones with it ;)

i think youll enjoy it also, working with differnt phenotypes, seeing what you come up with ect....

IMG_20120120_140655.png

IMG_20120120_140558.png

PuffinNugs said:
i forced hermied my sour kush lone with colidal silver and pollenated the other clones with it ;)

is this to produce femmed seeds?

yeah.. only had one bean of it, had a bucnh of clones. moving shortly and wanted to make sure i kept it going somehow. also saved some pollen for use on later plants. i did hit a Holy Grail 69 preflowers with some, so should ahve a couple crosses of that in a month.

I do need more room -- I worry about messing with pollen here on the boat, but I am also thinking the only way to become truly selfsufficient is to make some seeds. Deciding on the strains is the hardest part -- I mean, do I actually want a couple thousand seeds of one strain?

I also have a plan to move north for 6 months a year. I expect to have a lot more room there, where I will set up another grow and be able to do some breeding. I can spend the winters here on the boat testing my different strains :)

Right now I just need to produce enough stash to last the summer -- wish me luck.

Good luck Hemper. I too have consiedered making some seeds more than once lol. Maybe someday.

well using small vials to store pollen you can control what bud of the plant you want to have seeds while the rest will grow as normal sinse. what i do is shut off the circulation fan, sprinkle a very tiny amount on the buds i want (good ones are lower popcorn branches, that dont really get big) that way ill get like 20-30 beans. it really depends on how many hairs actually get a grain of pollen on it. then after about a day, a bit less, i spray the bud down. this prevents the pollen from spreading when turn the fan back on. the two bigger autos though are not even going to be smokeable on how many beans i wanted, did every bud on the plant :)

like in the tent currently i can have fully seeded plants right next to my unseeded ones just fine. some times though in the same room a plant may have a stray seed or two depending on how much air movement was present when you did the sprinkling

I did it like Puff, I did a branch and got 150 seeds, I take the plant to another room for 24 hours to pollenate it then spray it and put it back.

I want to collect some Satori pollen too and cross back to a Satori x Dynamite cross that I have. I figure that by the time the Satori gets to flowering stage (I just got the beans), it will be warm enough to put a boy in a small stealth container (like a trash can) in my shed to collect some pollen.

Your plants are doing excellent. I don't think that you are going to have to worry about having a summer stash.

So, take the male plant and put him in a safe place away from the tent, collect the pollen and then get rid of the plant. Now take a female, pollinate a bud or branch, let it set in for a day, wash the plant down with water and put it back in the tent? Hell, I can do that :)

First I will need a male plant, so, for now, I'm going to concentrait on getting some stash together -- basic Marijuana growing 101 -- My next class will be "supercropping" and then "Breeding" -- There ain't no hurries :) I'll earn this degree eventually....

Peace

On another note -- I've got about 45 mile an hour winds blowing right up the snout of this old boat -- I just love it when it gets rough like this -- I like storms (don't know why) perhaps it's the excitement. Feels like we are crusing along nicely - Bubba is hiding under the covers in his day bed -- the ducks are hanging on the dock with their heads tucked under a wing, and I am getting stoned -- it's a good life :)

HF

I guess this journal is about finished. It has been great fun (mostly) and I have learned so much. Well over 12k people looked in here, and 10 percent of them replied -- how cool is that?

Thanks everyone

gj, Hemper. I'm sure gives all us growers here the warm fuzzies that another has joined our ranks.

:peace:,

7ge:D

Latest posts

Back