LOWRYDER X AK47 or AUTO AK47!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrandDaddyToke

SEE U ON THE DARK SIDE
Reaction score
I started a new grow a few days ago and thought I would do a journal. My last few grows I did not do a journal and had poor grows!!!!!! (BAD KARMA):cry:
Number one several months ago I bought an 8 X 4 Sun Hut. The hut had contaminated material in the plastic (MADE IN CHINA) :hairpull: which effected the growth of the plants.
I did received a full refund on the SUN HUT because there was a recall. I found this out to late so this grow was very poor.
This is also the same on the Hydro Huts so anyone that has purchased either one of these products within the last year should check where you purchased to see if you got a bad one. Here is a link that talks about the problem. This is in a form but it gives you all the information.

http://www.reefermanseeds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9785
Getting back to my new grow I traded lots of my lighting and a few other items to get 2 1000 watt HPS Hortilux bulbs complete with ballasts. I stayed with my same reflectors Sun system III’s that have the tempered glass to keep heat enclosed and out the inline fans. I should have went with better reflectors but $$$ was tight. I built a 25 square foot area that is under an AC vent that runs in the center of this area. I have 1 inline fan with an order sock on 1 light and the other has an inline fan just pulling air to recycle and cool. I may need another sock for odor as time goes on???
My house temp runs @ 77 degrees F. As usual both inline fans vent out my crawl space and out the ridge vent. I run 2 small fans inside the area 24/7 to blow on seedlings and circulate the air in the area. There are also 2 large fans blowing fresh air in this space. The temps are great.
I bought 50 of the Auto AK47 from www.dope-seeds.com ordered on Monday night and received my seeds the next Monday morning. I also received 10 free Thai Haze X Skunk with my order. (GREAT SERVICE AS ALLWAYS!!!)
I had 100% on germination and put in soil on June 26th which makes them 6 days old in these pictures. I started in Fox Farm soil and been using the Big Bloom as FF recommends. I have had some great grows with the auto flower and very excited about this one. Here are some pictures of the grow and the set-up!!:watchplant:
:confused2: Any suggestions would be appreciated.:confused2:

001.jpg 003.jpg

012.jpg 013.jpg

015.jpg 6.jpg

9.jpg 11.jpg

014.jpg 016.jpg

not had a proper read yet so excuse my ognorance, but i will check back when i can as i just love the AF strains :D

your set-up is very nice. Plenty of room and plenty of lite. I have finally finished better air circulation in my closet. I will watch your auto grow with interest as I just finished one under horrible conditions compared to your lab.

awesome setup! I'm sure interested in the final results. Good thing about Lowrider x AK47 is that they finish in 70-90 days from seed so results should be quick. I love everything your doing here so far so keep it up!

I'm also considering Auto AK47's. I'm gonna want to watch this grow! Already have LRx1's and LRx2's goin' on. Tryin for a S.O.G.

HERE'S SOME GREEN MOJO 4 U!

nice setup, looks like you really put some time into construction. i feel ya! well best of luck!!

Richy-B said:
I'm also considering Auto AK47's. I'm gonna want to watch this grow! Already have LRx1's and LRx2's goin' on. Tryin for a S.O.G.

Richy I looked @ your last Lowryder grow. It was OUTSTANDING:holysheep: Thats what I hope I get close to with the AK!!:D I had a real good auto grow a while back so I am going to stay with them!!:smoke1:

Here are a few pictures I took yesterday 7/5/08 9 days in soil. I started Fox Farm Grow Big yesterday 6-4-4. I also use FF Big Bloom from seed to finish its an organic nutrient. I used this same feeding schedule the last auto grow I did and it worked out very well. 9 days seems early to give 6-4-4 but the autos seem to love it. I will increase every few days and @ 2 or so weeks start with Advanced Nutrients bud blood or Fox Farm open sesame. The Advanced Nutrients was given to me along with Dr. Horrnby big bud.
I never used eather of these products. Should I stay strictly FF or try the others ?? ANY ADVICE ??:D I will post a few pictures after the girls wake up today to show the change with the 6-4-4. I ended up with 43 plants out of 50 seeds was hoping for 100% but 7 never came up from soil.:fid:

05.jpg 04.jpg

001.jpg

s21thomas said:
Here are a few pictures I took yesterday 7/5/08 9 days in soil. I started Fox Farm Grow Big yesterday 6-4-4. I also use FF Big Bloom from seed to finish its an organic nutrient. I used this same feeding schedule the last auto grow I did and it worked out very well. 9 days seems early to give 6-4-4 but the autos seem to love it. I will increase every few days and @ 2 or so weeks start with Advanced Nutrients bud blood or Fox Farm open sesame. The Advanced Nutrients was given to me along with Dr. Horrnby big bud.
I never used eather of these products. Should I stay strictly FF or try the others ?? ANY ADVICE ??:D I will post a few pictures after the girls wake up today to show the change with the 6-4-4. I ended up with 43 plants out of 50 seeds was hoping for 100% but 7 never came up from soil.:fid:
That's a heck of a ratio! Good job!:D I've always used Botanicare. But this time I'm also doin it a lil' different.:) I'm goin half Botanicare, half FF Big Bloom(talked it out with a bud) , for Flowering nutes. But also, I'm using some Bio-Bloom(bio-bizz) in flowering stage as well. Derived from Molasses and sea kelp, provides a great taste to buds. Didn't use those two fertilizer brands the last three harvest, just Botanicare, and their some of the best LR's I've seen. So this stuff should just make them better. So, I advise "yes" try somethin different. You never know til you try.:D

I would go 1/2 strength nutes and water/feed/water/feed.

if you go full strength, only feed once a week.

Goodluck.

Wow, looking sweet. Your room is going to be a nice mini-jungle! Will each plant bush out or simply be a single cola?

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
Wow, looking sweet. Your room is going to be a nice mini-jungle! Will each plant bush out or simply be a single cola?

They are discribed as branching out and exploding in growth once they start to flower. I expect this should happen towards the end of this week. I should start seeing the males soon too. I hope I have a good Female ratio.
Here is a link to the Auto AK47 that discribes their growth in their 10 week life span.
http://www.dope-seeds.com/low_life_seeds.htm

I took a few pictures this morning just when the lights went out. I give them a good spraying of good dechlorinated pH adjusted water each morning. I may use some liquid light foliar spray soon. I used it on my last auto grow. They were under 3-400 watt hps not the 2 1000 I have now. I need to think about that one or get some advice if anyone has used the liquid light with 1000 watt??:eek:

009.jpg 016.jpg

017.jpg 018.jpg

MrPuffAlot said:
I would go 1/2 strength nutes and water/feed/water/feed.

if you go full strength, only feed once a week.

Goodluck.
Guess it depends on the nutes, and or conditions. With Botanicare I used full strength every watering. Never have a problem. I've just been goin' by the directions on the bottle of Botanicare. At first, I only use half strength. But later, used full strength, like the bottle says.
So, is FF Big Bloom a nute I might want to go half strength with then?

I use the Fox Farm every watering which right now thats every day. I like to keep the plants in the container I started in untill sexing. With the lighting,fans and quick growth of this strain they dry out in 24 hours. When I know it is a female for sure she will go to a 2 gallon bag which will require less water untill she gets bigger. I typically do a flush every 10 days once they are 4 or 5 weeks. It has worked good with the Lowryder Strains so far for me no nutrient burn. With the plant having such a short life time (IMO) I think this is what they need. On other strains I never use nitrigon @ a young age. I have 2 runts that I have not started nutrients on yet. They were two that came up and just didn't want to open :confused: They do get the organic Big Bloom.
I will post a picture or so every day so we all can see what they do. This one is Monday 7/7 @ 18:00

002.jpg 006.jpg

"quote" I like to keep the plants in the container I started in untill sexing."quote"
I always have too. I've used the 4x4x3&1/2in.deep since I started growing LR's1&2 for a starter pot. I recently switched to a smaller 3x3x2in.deep. I'm not sure if that will keep my plants smaller.? In that small a pot should I transplant before showing sex? Or is it better that way, so when I do transplant, the roots aren't going to be started in the pot as deep allowing for more room for roots. What's your suggestion?
Anybody with AF experience's suggestion's? I'll even giv a pic. Hold on;). These are not the same age plants either, just wanted to show how big they get before even showing sex. By then do you think the lil pot's will be root bound. Making those plants smaller?

different size starter pots.jpg

Richy-B said:
"quote" I like to keep the plants in the container I started in untill sexing."quote"
I always have too. I've used the 4x4x3&1/2in.deep since I started growing LR's1&2 for a starter pot. I recently switched to a smaller 3x3x2in.deep. I'm not sure if that will keep my plants smaller.? In that small a pot should I transplant before showing sex? Or is it better that way, so when I do transplant, the roots aren't going to be started in the pot as deep allowing for more room for roots. What's your suggestion?
Anybody with AF experience's suggestion's? I'll even giv a pic. Hold on;). These are not the same age plants either, just wanted to show how big they get before even showing sex. By then do you think the lil pot's will be root bound. Making those plants smaller?

My last lowryder grow was 3 strains, Lowryder #2, Master Kush X Lowryder, and Masterlow X Blueberry. I used the same pots I am starting this grow from seed to hopefully sexing. The last grow I was showing sex @ 10 to 14 days. When I transplanted to the 2 gallon bags they were not to root bound. Once I put them in the bags they took off. Towards the end of the grow I was watering once a day because the size of the plants. I like to the do the extra work of watering because IMO I think its good to do as long as you get lots of run-off out the bag or pot. Once I harvested I checked the soil in the bags and still had lots of root space :D Here is the link to this grow this is kinda what I am following on Nutrients and pot size. The only difference is my better lighting:holysheep:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20531

IMO I don't think the size in early growth effects the final out come of plant size on the Lowryder Strains @ least not the 3 I did on this past I did.:aok: If you have time visit that older journal and check it out!!

Latest posts

Back