papa's 2 cent outdoor grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papabeach1

Reaction score
2 cent? come on!! yep that is right 2 cent...:eek:

like I said my county is DRY... (sigh) as far I understand I'm getting to be 30 year old soon.. so far past 20 years people in my age did grew outdoor..and I did.. I made couple of mistakes.. but this time.. it will be in new spot.. and I will teach you all newbie how to do it..

only thing you need is plastic cups or Dixie cups, natural soils from outside it must be black.. and moist.. look for it.. save your money in your pocket..

and do get bag of guano (bat's waste) it is same size of rat's waste...
but if you can not get some, duck's waste, chicken's waste will do.. but do not mix that with soils just yet.. just that bat's waste can be saved for long time in freezer.. it did not give any of my foods funny taste at all I promise.. been there done that.. you want 2 cent. here it is.. okay?

I think it is time to do it... but do not just spout the seeds and plant it outside right away... it is not smart thing to do... I did use the method of "towel paper and Tupperware" and put it on the top of refrigerator.. that will help the heat to go toward to the Tupperware where the seeds is spouting..

before you do the towel paper and Tupperware.. you can test the seeds to be sure they are still alive inside.. by drop it to the glasses of water.. if it floats then they are still good.. if it did sink.. I wouldn't trust it and waste the time..

also I do studies the seeds if the seeds has 2 holes.. dont do this.. but if it has one pretty circle shaped of "volcano" on one end.. it is more likely you will get female.. but please do more reading on the thread called "get more ratio of female" in this site.. that will help more.. it is all try and true to me and I got 8 mothers.. :banana:

I will post more after these seeds spout some roots.. keep in the mind I'm helping yall to have the 2 cent success.. and I might have to grow them inside first.. it will be just couple of cfls.. I will even post some pics of the soils samples that you can find anywhere in the grounds of earth.. if yall have some questions let me know.. right now I have swarm of seeds and I did carefully selected the seeds..tested it.. and is in the Tupperware now

I'm planning to grow LOTS of it one a time.. and will end up be outside and will be ready in summer.. ;) so therefore I do expect to have good summer this year..and go to the beach often on that time.. :cool: if anyone asks me "can I buy some or gimme some" I will stand up and say this "you want to buy? this 1 gram gonna cost you 25 to 30 dollars cuz it ain't mine" that is right, because I'm tired to go out and look for some.. .and I almost had to buy some of 1 gram for 25.. screw that.. glad my friend got speical delivery this time.. so I have to be steady with this bag.. sometime it is not really fair to him and everyone.... so it is fair to me for teaching newbie to grow YOUR OWN.. and share.. simple as it is...whoever that is friends in person I will do you favors.. and thank you.. again thank you all MP members too for teaching me the right of ways.. I'm contiune to learn and keep going of growing..

I will be back and post some more of this grow journal.. remember I did learn my mistakes.. and this time I'm doing it right.. and it will be steady grow for outdoor.. as far I understand yes I am panaroid of squirells, animals going crazy on my buds.. and spider mites... but like I said there will be 2 cents ways to prevent that.. so no worries.. that is under my belt and I need to start over with outdoor grow.. and yall newbies ;)will learn :D best of all.. sun is your #1 energy saver.. and I do believe growing outside will yeild lot more buds.. and will be big plants.. which does beat any kind of HPS.. unless you have green house.. that is same effect..as outdoor but better effects just that it will cost lot more of patients but I guarattee yall it will pay off big time.. and I will teach yall to just cut some of colas and leave plants alone.. and let it grow little more.. that is kind of advantages you can have over using 1000w hps and say you gotta harvest it all.. just because all colas is ready ... most of time growing outside.. most main colas is ready before other cousin colas can be ready... you actually can cut the main cola only and let cousin colas grow for 2 to 6 weeks more.. that does works..

Grrrrrrr... your intentions, and eagerness to help are much appreciated papp'.. but man,... you really should put together at least "one" successfull grow useing the techniques that you are 'recommending' and/or seem to be stating as "factual growing information".. before attempting to post a "Grow guide"...please...

I don't want to sound mean, pap'.. but I would feel guilty allowing a noob to take this as fact, or correct information.. :confused2:
Sorry pappy...but there is so much incomplete/misleading/mis-information, in that one post, that I refuse to even attempt a response. BUT.. I'd hate to see new growers steered in a failing direction, so I'll say this...
There are some pretty complete and comprehensive guides on the Resource page, that will lead noobies in the right direction for a successfull harvest. New and/or inexperienced growers will be much better served reading there.

that is cool hick.. I didn't want to post when I first came here..because there was lot thing to learn....and outdoor was one of good experiences I have..just want to share with everybody..I'm pretty ready to share what I can show how to deal with this just in 2 cent ways.. nothing fancy... but if anyone prefer to buy nice soils such as moist soils, soil seeding, and foxfarm soils or anything like that.. that's cool with me... I grew up in the farm.. just bear with me....just want to show what 2 cents can do.. people can benefits from that... I haven't update any thing soon yet because I want all the infos in right places.. thank you for the concerns...it's time to pass along and for people to start grow more too.. this grow journal will take around 9 to 10 months to finish completely grow.. and it will be nice and sticky..;) keep this thread in win win situation will be very sweet..

alright... I have looked around for shovel... thought I had one... oh well I will deal with shovel later... sometime it is good idea to use soils for beginning...

as you see.. I'm using Dixie cups.. poked the holes on the bottom...
again.. I did has lot of seed spouts... I will do the rest... just that I have decide to just post only 6 of them to get along with this thread... I don't want any leo saying "look at papa he is growing lot of them" and all that crap..

so its 6 and education for yall newibes.. 6 is good enough to show yall..

right now I prefer to keep them under my watch.. until they grow and getting bigger.. I will grow them in 18/6 flours. and maybe it is good idea to grow them until the sex show up.. I will post their progress..

its easy anyone can do it.. important is keep water in 7.0 and use distilled water do not water them until they need some.. you can tell by dip your finger in it.. if its too dry.. then its time to water them... just remember roots want moist soils to start with.. don't try it with jiffy 7. .. if you did.. you will see jiffy 7 is so slow with growing compare to soils.. they do good with soils.. its easy.. it will be around 1 month to 3 month to find their sex.. I ll just post their next progress next time... see? easy:eek:

Picture_59.jpg

Picture_60.jpg

Picture_61.jpg

Picture_62.jpg

Picture_63.jpg

Picture_64.jpg

Picture_65.jpg

Picture_66.jpg

here you see hick...I decide to show all of 13 seeds already spout out...

none of these soils in cup failed me... and got more seeds cracked out!! gosh..

my next babies.. super sweet!! don't get me wrong.. I can dump them if I have to.. its easy to dump! just that I have too much in my hands now.. but I think I can manage it.. just for few months before I can put them to outside..

DSCN0444.JPG

for yall newbie.. see I'm using these cups... and 2 of aqua hood...four of bricks

I just stacked up 2 bricks each.. let both hood slide on every edge of bricks..

voila' spout in 2 days!! or 3 I don't see stretches I don't see plants fall out yet.. (tip for ya'll... ya can rotates these cups for better lights on every plants needs.. I filled it up to 13 cups under it.. still got more room!!) so rooms is require to rotates the cups.. just a tip.. see I'm doing good with 13 babies... other tip.. if you are new at it.. try least at 5 or less.. and you can expect some females out of plants you grows

someone has told me I ain't say who.. but someone told me if I do have males in woods.. I will more likely to get less hermie of what I grows.. as long I do not stress it... so I get more chance likely to have male or female instead of hermie.. to me it seem work better than my last time... as long I do not move or change positions of where I put females to for growing..
last time I let them grow out of bucket with soils... so this time it will be just diggin the soils and plant in the soils.. that it.. which will be less likely to be hermie.. so I'm gonna do this..

I will be back with follow up.. I just gotta stick with 2 cent ways.. so yall can save money and grow!! myself I have no income this time... no SS.. man.. gotta find job ;)

papabeach1 said:
here you see hick...I decide to show all of 13 seeds already spout out...

Your pictures are just thumbnails, can you upload bigger shots?

dang.. okay have to use my webcam for bigger shot.. just that he has camera.. then it send in email.. made the image smaller... drag!.. no biggie..
worth a shot.. many thanks to him..

I will post more pic when i get more time..

i'd just like to add that i sprout seeds and root clones in jiffy-7 pellets ( peat pellets) and haven't had any problems with them. they're cheap, easy to work with, can be bought with trays and domes and can be found at any home depot, lowes, wal-mart, k-mart and any other local supply store in most cases.. just wanted to add that. thanks

dude.. I understand from IME that pellets take longer to spread the roots..

Ros.ED books did talk about that too.. in their experiences it was slow for them.. yeah.. I still have these flat discs of jiffy 7 pellets.. (sigh) you can have it.. look at me.. now 24 seeds cracked and spout already.. I bet this jiffy will take a week!! it is in my experiences.. unless you got a better method to quick grow in jiffy 7? plus it cost like 5 dollars.. this forum is about 2 cent flat!

Those cups look like they are going to fall apart...

With just a little bit of money you could have an awesome grow.

these cups is easy to transplant too.. what you mean by falling apart..?

something tell me to take a better snapshots... man..

slowmo77 said:
i'd just like to add that i sprout seeds and root clones in jiffy-7 pellets ( peat pellets) and haven't had any problems with them. they're cheap, easy to work with, can be bought with trays and domes and can be found at any home depot, lowes, wal-mart, k-mart and any other local supply store in most cases.. just wanted to add that. thanks

I'm with you slowmo................^^^^^^^^^^

Been using Jiffy - 7s for a long time now, very very convenient and easily available, world wide...........

I am however thinking of giving Rapid Rooters a shot soon........

Another alternative I have used and liked a lot were Root Trainers.......

Compost in pots, cups whatever floats your boat and WORKS for you.....

The key thing is knowing and understanding all the TOOLS and MATERIALS available to you.......................

I even got one rapid rooter it will be rapid rooter vs soil..

I did soaked it in water for pretty while.. gave roots a nice intercourse to that little hole of the rapid rooter.. its all sponges right here.... had to use dirts help to close the air gap of that rapid rooter... what works for you.. you the man.. you gonna tempt me to pic of that rapid rooter I only do one just for fun... while others is spouting.. same day... thank you for add it up..

just 2 cent working.. again thank you...

papabeach1 said:
I even got one rapid rooter it will be rapid rooter vs soil..

I did soaked it in water for pretty while.. gave roots a nice intercourse to that little hole of the rapid rooter.. its all sponges right here.... had to use dirts help to close the air gap of that rapid rooter... what works for you.. you the man.. you gonna tempt me to pic of that rapid rooter I only do one just for fun... while others is spouting.. same day... thank you for add it up..

just 2 cent working.. again thank you...
bud.uncle said:
The key thing is knowing and understanding all the TOOLS and MATERIALS available to you.......................

[FONT=&quot]Your determination is an admirable trait [/FONT]

I got a question for ya bud..

my friend did tried spout the seeds with only rapid rooter..

I think he failed.. he has not touch his two trays of seeding.. still new!!
oh well 2 cent flat... and works.. just to be beneficial information that anyone can do this only 2 cent!! that's all.. but thanks for the point.. btw..
just in few hours.. more green of babies.. oh boy.. now I rotated little more and put the rest of green babies to other lights along.. I might have 6 left to get it green..(4 leaves spout) now I have total of almost 25 babies spout out in 4 days!!.. just 4 days!! and still going.. these is for outdoor.. bear with me ;)

Subcool uses rapid rooters and so do I. I love them and their nice and spongey and retain water amazingly! Wouldn't start a seed without some! The ONLY way to go!

P.s. I normally have close to 100% germination and seedlings that poke thru. Looks good and good luck papa! Throw me a pm if you need a question answered!

amazed.. I did not have problem with rapid rooter.. all I did was throw that old rapid rooter in water and let it soak for long time... perfect.. it work... cool..
it did grew along with all seeds in soils..

but this one seem stretched maybe it need to transplant it? along with soils?
or leave it?

Latest posts

Back