1st grow... indoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Music
Reaction score
Well it's my first grow indoors on a limited budget that seems to get bigger and bigger as i realize just how much is needed to do this properly... Bought some seeds online 1st...which was a mistake because having the seeds and no DWC hydro setup at the time left me bored and I germinated 2 of the "free" bonus seeds that were thrown in with the purchase in soil... I had these under 100 watt cfl's i bought from Lowes setup in one of the bathrooms until I cld come up with a grow cabinet...(my wife is very cool as she let me get away with this..lol) then the dwc kit came and I bought a cabinet from Lowes as well and put the 2 in soil in there with the hydro setup...I germinated 4 dutch dope seeds and put them in rockwool cubes in the DWC... only 2 took so after a week I germinated 2 more and put those in the 2 remaining cubes...so I pretty much hve 2 in soil at 5 weeks and 2 in the DWC at 2.5 weeks and the other 2 are at about a week... so that is where I am at...:)

At this point i hve figured out that i need to come up with an area for flowering as the grow cabinet is now too small for 6 plants..(not that I hve sexed them and know they are all female)... but even so I have 2 plants that will provided they are female be ready to flower way b4 the others...So I ordered a 600W HPS with digital ballast from HTGsupply and will create a flowering area in my attic since it is still winter and it's not hot up there now... They have all been vegged with CFL's from another hydro store..(pics included)
Just wanted to get peeps feedback... I know I hve probably made many mistakes but thats ok... this is my first grow and I am willing to make mistakes in order to learn.... Thanks

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG

IMG_1217.JPG

IMG_1219.JPG

this is a cpl weeks ago... the 1 plant has just taken off since then... It looks like I am going to need more room... next grow will be feminized lowryders....

Now and then....

bigboy.jpg

IMG_1201.JPG

Moved my Veg cabinet into the attic... figure it will stay cooler up there for the next 2 months or so... took the opportunity to change the water and nutes in the DWC as well... was running 1/4 strength nutes now went to 3/4 strength...

Also need to setup my flowering area tomorrow when my delivery of 600w digital ballast HPS lighting arrives with my mylar from HTGsupply...will shoot some pics when I hve it setup tomorrow... I figure on flowering the 2 in soil in about 2/3 weeks...

just checked temps and ph after moving veg cabinet into the attic... everything looks sweet... temps are down over 10 degrees to 79f...and ph from fresh water and nutes is between 6.25 and 6.5...
Can not wait for my UPS delivery tomorrow with my HPS setup... can't wait for Fridays UPS delivery either... 52 inch Aquos flat screen LCD for the living room...
first thing after setup will be multiple bong hits in front of it while watching Half baked yet again...:D :smoke1:

lol-my wife lets me get away with it too.
Did you get the DWC kit from HTG?
Looks like you got a good start there.:)

Just my thoughts-I'd stay with 1/4 strength for a little longer-(especially with the smaller ones)but thats just MO.

Gb

I agree with GB and small steps in upping the nutes will likely work better than big ones while they are small. Good start, just giving my 2 cents.

GeezerBudd said:
lol-my wife lets me get away with it too.
Did you get the DWC kit from HTG?
Looks like you got a good start there.:)

Just my thoughts-I'd stay with 1/4 strength for a little longer-(especially with the smaller ones)but thats just MO.

Gb

Thanks Geez...I got the setup from Stealth Hydro...shipping was very slow but they were ok...

I thought about staying at 1/4 strength nutes or even running straight h2o for a week but I upped the nutes anyway.... I was on the conservative side when mixing the nutes so I am probably closer to 1/2 strength then 3/4... I will keep an eye out for nute burn...

Your pH is too high for hydro. You need to keep it between about 5.3 and 5.8 for proper nutrient uptake. Also, I would recommend "burying" your rockwool cubes so that the tops of them are covered with the hydrotron. Otherwise, algae can grow on the rockwool.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Your pH is too high for hydro. You need to keep it between about 5.3 and 5.8 for proper nutrient uptake. Also, I would recommend "burying" your rockwool cubes so that the tops of them are covered with the hydrotron. Otherwise, algae can grow on the rockwool.

Thanks for the advice...will bury the cubes and use a lil ph down...

You should paint the walls flat white, or buy a little mylar to throw up on the walls. That aluminum foil doesn't reflect as well and can create hotspots which will lead to heat stress and problems

willowgrow said:
You should paint the walls flat white, or buy a little mylar to throw up on the walls. That aluminum foil doesn't reflect as well and can create hotspots which will lead to heat stress and problems

I hve mylar coming today with my 600watt HPS lighting kit...just waiting on UPS...

Hamster Lewis said:
I hve mylar coming today with my 600watt HPS lighting kit...just waiting on UPS...

Ah, sweet; the plants are looking great man. I have the same digital 600w system in my room, its a a great light for the price & your plants will love you for it. Did you go with the cooltube, or a different reflector?

willowgrow said:
Ah, sweet; the plants are looking great man. I have the same digital 600w system in my room, its a a great light for the price & your plants will love you for it. Did you go with the cooltube, or a different reflector?

I got the standard reflector that came with the package... doing this in my attic which right now in February in Jersey is quite chilly which works nice for keeping the grow cabinet temps down... will have to look into a cooltube when the outside temps go up and keeping the cabinet cool becomes a problem... good to hear the 600w system works well... thanks

You're welcome Hamster.
Easy does it man...
(Going to go bury my cubes in a few...)

Latah.
Gb

Latest posts

Back