1st grow... indoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well got my order from HTGsupply and there was good news and bad news... good news is they were out of the standard 600w HPS bulbs so they upgraded me to an AgroMax high output lamp for free....:) The bad news is they screwed the order up by not including a socket set.. so I can't hook it up till I get one. I emailed them and I hope they will do the right thing and ship me one out ASAP... Now I am bummed...:cry:

thats a major bummer man. i can just imagine bein all ready then havin to deal with that. I wanna order from htg because their pretty stealthy but i swear i keep hearin the same thing. they may always fix it but it be a lot easier if they didnt f up so much.

Well, I have probably ordered things from them 10 or so times and other than a broken T5 tube (not their fault), I have never had any trouble with an order.

Ok so HTGsupply sent me out the missing socket set Friday when I called them so it shld be here tomorrow... meanwhile I am 90% done with the build on the flowering cabinet in my attic. Got almost all of the mylar lining it and hung the light reflector from the ceiling... got my ph down to between 5.25 and 5.5 and buried the rockwool cubes... The 2 in soil will go into the flowering cabinet tomorrow when the socket comes... they were grown from the free seeds i got when I ordered my dutch dope seeds. They are nice and compact compared to the dutch dope seeds growing in dwc hydro setup... those plants are just huge...at least the 1 is and the other 3 seem to be going that way also...so 6 plants total and I will be happy with 3 females...

flowering box

IMG_1242.JPG

IMG_1243.JPG

IMG_1246.JPG

IMG_1249.JPG

IMG_1250.JPG

IMG_1255.JPG

IMG_1258.JPG

IMG_1259.JPG

Flowering for my 2 in pots started tonight. Finally got my socket that was missing from my HTGsupply order and started my 2 that are in soil on a flowering schedule with my 600w hps light... 12 hours on 12 off and will start them on bloom nutes tomorrow... it's in an attic so the dark period will be happening while I am at work and the light when I am home so that I can take care of watering etc... was very impressed with how much light the 600w HPS bulb puts off... hopefully I will get lucky and hve 2 ladies... but I will settle for 1...

The reason for the size difference even though they are the same strain and age is the lil gal on the left had a heat problem and dried out and almost died on me...

IMG_1281.JPG

IMG_1283.JPG

IMG_1284.JPG

Hamster Lewis said:
Well got my order from HTGsupply and there was good news and bad news... good news is they were out of the standard 600w HPS bulbs so they upgraded me to an AgroMax high output lamp for free....:) The bad news is they screwed the order up by not including a socket set.. so I can't hook it up till I get one. I emailed them and I hope they will do the right thing and ship me one out ASAP... Now I am bummed...:cry:

yea they forgot something on two orders of mines last month. its been ten days since they said they would send it out asap.... they need a new person to fill orders or at least start double checking the orders.

DutchMasterPuff said:
yea they forgot something on two orders of mines last month. its been ten days since they said they would send it out asap.... they need a new person to fill orders or at least start double checking the orders.

Yeah they must be smokin some real good shiet....:)

The reason for the size difference even though they are the same strain and age is the lil gal on the left had a heat problem and dried out and almost died on me...

I suggest putting something under your little girls pot to make the canopy even, you want those girls as close to your light as possible or else the bigger 1 will always get bigger, faster then the lower 1, Just a tip, hope it helps, keep up the good work:)

kushman44 said:
I suggest putting something under your little girls pot to make the canopy even, you want those girls as close to your light as possible or else the bigger 1 will always get bigger, faster then the lower 1, Just a tip, hope it helps, keep up the good work:)

Yeah I am having trouble keeping the light close because the 1 plant has gotten so much bigger then the other 3... it's a DWC setup so I am not sure what I can do to prop the smaller ones up...

just stick some type of box(anything really) to bring the top of your smaller plant equal to the top of your bigger plant.

Hamster Lewis said:
Yeah I am having trouble keeping the light close because the 1 plant has gotten so much bigger then the other 3... it's a DWC setup so I am not sure what I can do to prop the smaller ones up...

Are they all in one container?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Are they all in one container?

Yes it's a 4 plant DWC.....the pic of it is in this thread post #3...

I am beginning to think that even though I bought these " Dutch Dope" seeds online from the indoor growing area that they are more of an outdoor strain.. I have looked at a lot of pics on here and have not seen any plants that are as big as these are turning out to be... I am getting low rider seeds next time.. probably auto flowering... these 4 in the DWC are going to get too big I think for an indoor grow... they drink so much water everyday and are quickly out growing my VEG cabinet...

Okay here is the latest update... Been flowering the 2 in soil for about a week now and it looks like I hve at least 1 female and it's to early to tell on the other one... I picked up 2 turbo force fans off the net for 10 bucks each brand new... I hooked 1 up in the flowering area and it is working great.. was a good buy.
My DWC setup has just about outgrown the veg cabinet... I might have to put them into flowering early with the other 2...

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

Looking very nice.
don't be afraid to keep the bottom of your plants trimmed, it will help you maintain them when they start to flower.

Ilikebigbuds said:
Looking very nice.
don't be afraid to keep the bottom of your plants trimmed, it will help you maintain them when they start to flower.

By that do u mean cutting off the very bottom lives that hve turned funky?

hey those are the same fans I use. They are great huh? I put mine right uder my lights pointing up or at light height pointed at,keeps my temps under 80. Oh yeah lovely ladies you got there green mojo

kalikisu said:
hey those are the same fans I use. They are great huh? I put mine right uder my lights pointing up or at light height pointed at,keeps my temps under 80. Oh yeah lovely ladies you got there green mojo

Yes thats exactly what I am doing with the fan... I point it right up at the light and keeps the temps cool.... thanks for the green mojo...

Latest posts

Back