2nd grow...Auto's in a grow tent...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ohh ight coo coo, and the more lumes the better right ? soi can stick another 2 0r3 150w in thur?ima install a fan blowin in and one blowin out.

Yeah Smoke... if you hve the room and can keep the temps down then add more light..

Lookin green over there hamster. Good for you for installing that 400 watter. :)

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
Lookin green over there hamster. Good for you for installing that 400 watter. :)

Thanks Mental... It has not been long but they seem to love it...The one runt that looked like it wld not make it now looks like it will... It has some new growth finally....:)

"The one runt that looked like it wld not make it now looks like it will... It has some new growth finally"

thats good news, and you never know it could be a once off super strain!
or a dam male,
place bets now!

swiftgt said:
"The one runt that looked like it wld not make it now looks like it will... It has some new growth finally"

thats good news, and you never know it could be a once off super strain!
or a dam male,
place bets now!

These are feminized seeds so I wld be pissed...:eek:
The lil runt almost doubled in size overnight....:D

Moved 4 of 5 of the White dwarfs to bigger pots and left the runt in the cup as he continues to get bigger... Lowered the lights a cpl inches as well.. I hve some kind of weird leaf thing going on that I will post separately and in the sick plants forum....

auto5.jpg

auto4.jpg

runt1.jpg

Ok this will also be posted in the sick plant forum but I thought I wld give all of the cool peeps who visit my GJ a look in this thread and see if anyone has an idea what it is.

leaf.jpg

leaf1.jpg

hey man that is really weird- I haven't seen that before. I'm sure someone will chime in and let you know though. It almost looks like something is munching the top layer off, or a skin disease! Look around them real close (make sure there are no bugs)- I'm sure you have though.

Otherwise they look great- real dark green color. And runts are always funny- I have one myself that is just now starting to grow after a week plus. Nice buy on the tent too- great price and the HTG light. I'll be watching- keep it up!

Yeah the only thing I cld think of is that maybe the fertilizer in the soil got on the leaves and ate away the top layer??? Weird... Thanks for checkin in... I replied to your PM... hope the links help you get what you want...

yea thats what it looks like, maybe a little nute+water got on the leaves when you watering?

Hello Hamster Lewis :)

It looks like something is eating the surface of your leaf.

Have you checked for insects?

:peace:

2 leaf.JPG

r day kinda crunchy?lol idk how else to put it. r they dry?

I checked for insects Hippy and there were none... also it is mostly affecting the one plant...I am going to chalk it up to getting soil on the leaves and then when I watered I must hve gotten those leaves wet and they suffered a mild burn....it hasn't spread to any other leaves and all the new growth looks fine....

Well they are growing nicely despite the leaf problem which has not gotten any worse I might add...even the runt is getting bigger and will get transplanted to a bigger pot this weekend.... Here is a cpl pics... nothing terribly exciting though....

5auto.jpg

auto5.jpg

badleaf.jpg

there comming on nicely!
is there a reason why you dont fill the pots to nearly full?
not enough mix?

swiftgt said:
there comming on nicely!
is there a reason why you dont fill the pots to nearly full?
not enough mix?

Well they were fuller until I watered and the soil got compacted... When they get a little taller I will fill with more soil...I still hve another full bag of potting mix...:)

"Well they were fuller until I watered and the soil got compacted"

ha mine do the same, but not as much as yours!
when you want to add more mix, take your plants out of the pots and add the mix to the pot then replant, this can be done with out stress.
roots should develop faster!

Here's even a better idea...when you do finally add more soil to your pots, do 2 things...1. place about 3/4" of gravel on the bottom...ie;"before u put in the soil" this will help with drainage and give plants more oxygen....2. when your done re-potting, place 1/2" of hydroton clay balls on top of the soil....this helps do 2 things...1. keeps in moisture, which = less watering..(MJ grows better when watered less!! and very thirsty..roots search out for water, which make them grow bigger!!) and 2. helps the roots maximize "all" of your soil and spread out & up where that "un-used portion of soil is...example; in a 1 foot tall pot the top 3" of soil will not allow root growth because the soil is usually dried out due to low humidity and powerful lights..also, MJ soils are typically very airy and light, when watering, the top inches of soil are easily disturbed as the dirt is pushed around by the water and COMPACTED,,which prevents the roots from growing into the top inches of soil.. thus wasting 25% of your soil mass that could be used for roots!!! Trust me, do it! you'll thank me later!!!

Latest posts

Back