What's in Roddy's Garden Today??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Roddy

Well, Kandy Kush, Northern Lights and Pineapple Express are just a few weeks or less from harvest, the Big Band, Train wreck, White Widow and Mr Nice Guy are heading to bud...time to drop more seeds into the soil! What should we start out with this time??

How about some LSD from Barney's Farm, a couple OG Kush from Reserva Privada, A Blueberry Gum from G13 Labs and a couple of possibilities....decisions decisions. Choice of the last seed selections are Acapulco Gold from Barney's Farm, Kandy Kush from Reserva Privada, Somango from Soma, or some of the freebies from Dutch Passion or Pyramid.

One LSD has popped her lovely head from under the soil....stay tuned! And, any suggestions for the last seed, please yell out!

Barney's Farm ;) ... They were the winners this year. And Gold for the Spring sounds nice ;).

WOW! You are gonna be crazy busy :cool: Have you managed this amount of strains before as far as nutrient levels? GL

nice solletion..I have some OG KUSH clones I got from friend...I would like to try that Bluebarry Gum as well...Happy Growing my friend..

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

LOL, no Nouvelle, but I'm a glutton for punishment! I'm certain I'll have many questions and crazy experiences, but will be fun!

Am waiting on a test bud from the Kandy Kush to dry out so I can try that girl on for taste and buzz!!! Test bud was taken from lower branch that wasn't getting as much light as it could, so no loss to the plant and should give me an idea as to progress!! Must say, this little nugget is solid and crystal covered...I am impressed if I do say so myself!

I couldn't wait any longer and placed the cut up bud on a tray in the oven and baked it with door open at 170 for about 15 minutes. It was dry enough I decided to roll it in a half-paper joint...which started out hard to light, but burned smooth when it did light.

Smoked half of the "half" joint and couldn't believe what I was tasting, or the buzz I was getting! I finished off the other half off and have sat here a while just to see if the buzz i was feeling was real or wishful thinking....it's a great buzz with a smooth yet nearly breath-taking draw and taste!

This plant will be my first successful harvest, not sure how much longer to wait though?? 7 weeks today if I figure correctly (went into budding on the 10th Dec)...description says 9-10 weeks. Trichomes are mostly clear, some amber and some cloudy though. Plant is COVERED in crystals so sweet and sticky!

Any thoughts appreciated on this!

No answers on the above question, going to load up and take a few leaves to town for my hydro shop guy to look at....while I think it's still early (by my count, it's day 50), I would feel best having a second opinion!

The Pineapple Express looks ready as well to me, the shorter, bulbous trichs look about half amber...or am I needing to look at something else? I looked around but didn't find anything that helped me....are there any pics that show the trichs I need to be looking at??

Yep, but doesn't show much of WHERE or HOW to check.

A call to my hydro buddy told me a few places to take clippings, I then took them in and he showed me what to look for on the leaf and where. I found I was over-magnifying and looking beyond the taller trichomes...being a new "parent" tending to my baby, I was anxious! :48:

The Kandy Kush is at about 30% amber, going to hold off a few days and check again! The Pineapple Express is more around 5% lol...and the over-magnified view made this one look more amber than the kush!! :D Glad I learned what I was doing there, a good day!

Today shows 1 LSD and 2 OG Kush are out of the ground and reaching for the light! I believe I see the very top of the Blueberry Gum peeking out as well, but will wait for the sprout to be obvious before I call it lol! All but one LSD broke seed and grew a tail, and of that, 3 sprouted so far...not bad! :farm:

I chopped a small side bud from each plant (Pineapple Express, Northern Lights) and am drying the PE right now...just smoked the quick-dried NL and LOVED the taste. Not sure on high since I have been all day lol. Also, the PE trim leaves were soooo sweet smelling and covered with frosty trichs, I dried and smoked them...knowing the bud will be noticeably better, all I can say is WOW!!! :smoke1:

Might have to do something about the smell I guess since my son came home the other day and said he could smell the gals...from the mailbox which is a good 50 yards from the house. I can't smell it at all...may be used to it? Only having 3 plants in bud, wonder what a dozen gals would smell like lol

As of last night, had both OG, one LSD and the white Rhino out of the ground and reaching high...we're off and running! Waiting on my Acapulco Gold and Kandy Kush, will add a few of each soon!

So, we're about 2 days in with the seedlings.....let the games begin!

Good to hear your endeavors are flowing smoothly. let us see that crop when she's finished!

Trichs on the Kandy Kush are now about 50/50 amber/clear, today's the day for her! The other two will follow shortly, maybe a week in between harvests! I will definitely take some pics and weight!

One bud was broken off during tying the other night, too heavy for the string's position and snap! It was one of 12 secondary colas, snapped just below the main bud mass. Cut weight was 33 grams, last night's drying weight had it down to 24 grams...it should be dry in 2 days and hopefully will end up weighing a nice little 12-13 grams! If this is the case, the whole plant should bring in around 1/2 pound or more of dried sticky goodness! This quick dry won't be the norm for this or any of the following harvests, just dying to enjoy the fruits of my labor LMAO!

:48:

Correction on the line-up for the next veg...not a white rhino but a great white shark...from GHS. I know, never again is what I said, but here we are. I also dropped a Dutch Passion white widow (non-fem), a Dutch Passion Skunk #11 and a Dutch Passion Orange Bud last night, we'll see which ones grow! tails!

Couldn't get pics before chop, camera wasn't cooperating, but do have whole plant pics at the house where I did the processing, will try to add later when I get them on my computer!

The Kandy Kush is now hanging and stinking up a friends house...what a chore this was! It took 2 of us 6 hours to trim this big gal down. Th beauty of having broke a branch off beforehand was that it had dried sufficiently to allow us to enjoy her as we trimmed her...SWEET!

Main cola was a whopping 107 grams wet and trimmed, there were two other comparable buds as well as about 10 more secondary colas...no total wet weight, will post dried in a few days! The smoke is breathtakingly expando, I loved passing the first one around and having everyone cough! Not a side hurting cough, just a "surprised...WOW" cough!

Decided 4 wasn't enough for the next veg cycle, so added a Dutch Passion White Widow, a Dutch Passion Orange Bud and a Dutch Passion Skunk #11 in germ for kicks! The 2 OG Kush, the LSD and the Great White Shark are stretching to the light merrily!

KK is down and out, Northern Lights and Pineapple Express are days to a few weeks tops away from harvest....bud room is looking lonely lol. Good that I have my White Widow in there now with Big Band and Train Wreck coming in as soon as the bud room is empty....oh, and I still have that stupid dwarf Mr Nice Guy that is about half the size of the TW and BB that were germed and sprouted at the same time as her, guess she can go in as well LMAO!

time to check the sprouts LMAO

Hope that you bought regular seeds Roddy ... PowerPlant is great ... Truly impressive ... The Skunk is more wild ... And grows faster.

But ... :postpicsworthless:

:D :D :D

LMAO...will try to post some pics soon!

Harvest report on the Kandy Kush:

My buddy called today and said the KK was ready to clip and jar up for curing....his exact first words: "you should be locked up for growing such strong s***"! Coming from a very seasoned smoker like himself, I took this as the ultimate compliment!

The 107 gram main cola came in at 26 grams dry...yes, it is dry enough to smoke in just 2 days, go figure. Total 6' plant weight came in today at 9.5 ounces (267.5 grams) of some of the best dope I've smoked in a long time. The buzz keeps you just confused enough to forget you were doing something...so relax, light up and enjoy the ride!

The buds were strange, really, kind of compact "cornrolls" of buds hooked together by tiny stems...but the slammer high they pack quickly quiets any negative comments! The taste is a smooth and sweet, yet expanding intake that leaves many coughing! Love it I should add that the frosting of trichs on these leaves you frantically trying to get that stcky goo from your fingers, your scissors...everything, WOW!

Not bad for my very first successful harvest?? :48:

THANKS BHO!!!

The Pineapple Express should be fairly close to dry today, might be doing some canning later lol! I moved the dwarf-looking Mr Nice Guy to bud room along with Big Band which I first transplanted into a 10gal tub!

Upstairs in veg room, I put some of that new-found money to work by buying a 6 bulb T5...twice the space for vegging now LMAO! Under the lights I have my train wreck which is now 26" tall and being tied down for training...want her to grow sideways for awhile to produce cola-like branches. Also in veg are the week olds:

2 OG Kush from Reserva Privada
1 LSD from Barney's Farm
1 White Widow from Dutch Passion
1 Orange Bud from Dutch Passion
and 2 more that are slipping my mind right now...guess I need my meds!

One OG has been transplanted directly to a 10gal smartpot. Will try for pics, but this camera of mine is worthless, will get my expensive one fixed son.

Latest posts

Back