What's in Roddy's Garden Today??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment Rod Bud 012.JPGA picture of the harvested product...Kandy Kush and Pineapple Express...PEx is in the bowl with the KK in the half gallon Ball jar.

View attachment Rod Bud 006.JPGSecond pic is PEx laying across the tray. She produced a very petite 3 ounces, but the product is awesome in taste and high! I believe the lower production is due to the cal/mag def and transplanting in 3rd week of budding.

View attachment Rod Bud 004.JPGThird pic is PEx hanging from deer

View attachment Rod Bud 003.JPGFourth pic is KK before processing...she was over 6' before chopped and produced 9.5 ounces of some killer bud.

Will get pics of current grows soon.

Roddy, after you upload pics if you click on the paperclip you can attach then to your post so we stoners dont have to open them 1 at a time.

Couldn't find that, but did see how to with the attachments...THANKS!!

9and 1/2 ozs from one plant,dang I must me doing something wrong...

I'm sure that's above the curve of normalcy, my friend, I've seen several plants a friend harvested bring an average of closer to 6oz per...to make sure though, I am starting 3 more kandy kush as soon as I have the room. :D

Cool, good to see you got those pics up!!

OK, been a bit since last post! Harvested the Northern Lights last night, took all night to trim her up for hanging. Here's a few pics:

Here's the plant before chopping, she comes in at a nice 51". She was in budding 10 1/2 weeks.
Rod Bud 2 006.JPG

She had severe cal/mag def start mid-budding, I corrected it as much as possible.
Rod Bud 2 011.JPG

One of the colas on this once-topped babe, she has a bit of heft to these!
Rod Bud 2 015.JPG

Same bud (I believe) after a bit of pruning. The pizza tin below her is 12" across, she covers that plus a bit.
Rod Bud 2 022.JPG

Another view of same bud.
Rod Bud 2 020.JPG

Inspecting the sloppy trim job I did last night...was on this for 8 total hours...OUCH!
Rod Bud 2 026.JPG

Buds have some beautiful oranges and purples going on, are solid nuggets which have a great smell...will report on weight and high soon!

THANKS Nova!!

I dropped 3 more Kandy Kush seeds a few minutes ago, we'll see how many come up! In veg room currently, we have:

1 LSD germed 2/1 Rod Bud 2 035.JPG
2 OG Kush germed 2/1 Rod Bud 2 032.JPGRod Bud 2 033.JPG
1 Great White Shark germed 2/1 Rod Bud 2 034.JPG
1 Orange Bud germed 2/3 1 White Widow germed 2/3 and 1 Skunk #11 germed 2/3 Rod Bud 2 030.JPG

In bud room currently, we have:

White Widow, in budding since 1/24 Currently 53" tall Rod Bud 2 039.JPG
Big Band, been in budding since 2/1 Currently 32" tall Rod Bud 2 037.JPG
Mr Nice Guy, been in budding since 2/1 Currently 33" tall (freak plant) Rod Bud 2 038.JPG
Train Wreck, went into budding last night! Currently 36" tall Rod Bud 2 036.JPG

If you notice, the LSD has alot of yellow/brown spots on the lower leaves, the Great White Shark has as well....cal/mag def? I gave it cal/mag anf the upper leaves are fine. This looks exactly like the cal/mag def I had with my Northern Lights and Pineapple Express...seems awful young for a def though?

The Dutch Passion trio in the pic there, they were accidentally drowned in the little cups, I didn't catch this until root damage occurred, this is why they are so small and stretchy looking. They're coming around nicely now, I expect them to be fine, just slower growing!

The Mr Nice Guy...all stretched and lanky...she should have been culled long ago, if you remember correctly, this was a dwarfed plant from start. I am still on the fence, but what the hey, it's here now.

Train Wreck was bent a bit to the left, actual size is 32", my mistake above. White Widow is actually 34" tall...grew on me lol

Roddy ... The smell when trimming the Skunk #11 is something crazy ... The flowering time that they ( DucthPassion ) say is 11 weeks but they also say that some expert growers of this strain only let they flower 7 weeks. I let it flower 7 weeks and the citrus aroma when trimming is f@cking great. Hope the best for your garden and like your strain search.

I remember your first time, now look at you, all strutting around and knowing your stuff!

Doing a great job, keep it up!

I dont know how I missed this thread the first time but Im glad I found it
:watchplant: :aok: you got a perpetual grow goin?

Hello and THANKS all!! Been a bad last few days, the power went out and the generators were too small to run the big lights. With no lights, no heat and no way to get either, 2 of the plants have suffered greatly, the Train Wreck (new to budding room recently) and the Mr Nice Guy, also new to budding. Both look to be in desperate shape and if live, have a good risk of hermie??

The small gals in vegging....not sure...

Temp in the house hit 37 F the first night, 50 F last night, the heat from the T5's didn't do much to keep the young ladies warm. I am not sure they will survive, am hoping and doing my best.

Power expected to be out until Friday, however, there's 2 storms forecast between now and then, the one for the end of the week to be as bad as this one was. Most of the lower region of Michigan from east to west seems out of power.....

Will be back....

edit to add, I took the White Widow and Big Band to a friend's house in the middle of the storm, the winds and cold were fierce. I protected both with wrappings and think both will recover. Fingers crossed.

I saw the news report that many in Michigan had been without power for days, sucks you're in that group. I just had this same thing happen to me about 6 weeks ago. We've since installed an emergency generator that runs off our gas well, but I lost all my mothers in the nursery.

Sorry this is happening to you. All you can do is wait it out and see what happens. Make sure you let us know that you're ok.

REALLY appreciate the well wishes, great people in here!

Power is back, for now, more storms looming. Haven't put the bud room back together yet, need to get the timers reset as well as some re-arranging.

Northern Lights has dried and is now jarred and curing.....nice taste and presentation, the high seems to be slightly lacking (but I am basing this on the Kandy kush lol). A 6oz harvest, not as much as I would like, but it's smoke, it's good and it's grown by myself! :)

Will get better organized and post up some new pics and update!

Latest posts

Back