First Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mr_chow said:
hemperfi...a pH of 7 is perfect! ...it's neither basic or acidic. don't go below 6.5 or above 8.5. soil takes a little longer to get to and recognize ph-lock...so as long as your ph stays in the range, you'll be okay.

6.5-8.5 is not a good range to be in.....this shldnt even be info given to new growers...it is straight up wrong. 6.3-6.8 for soil...a lil below or above that range and you might still be okay depending on how picky the strain is. If you water or feed with a ph of 8.5 it will not take long for you to have problems IMO. I stay at 6.5 during veg and let it creep towards the high end of 6.8 during flower. Just look at a nutrient chart and you will see that at 8.5 you are locked out.

Hamster Lewis said:
6.5-8.5 is not a good range to be in.....this shldnt even be info given to new growers...it is straight up wrong. 6.3-6.8 for soil...a lil below or above that range and you might still be okay depending on how picky the strain is. If you water or feed with a ph of 8.5 it will not take long for you to have problems IMO. I stay at 6.5 during veg and let it creep towards the high end of 6.8 during flower. Just look at a nutrient chart and you will see that at 8.5 you are locked out.

see my previous post...

...i'm not pulling this shtuff outta my rear. i'd rather be too basic than too acidic when growing in soil.

with that said, you are absolutely right, HL, you want to be in between 6.5 and 7 with your total ph (water/nutes/medium/etc)...for maximum nute-uptake

...but as i mentioned, soil growers really don't need to worry about ph as much as hydro growers. it takes a long time, longer than hydro to lock-out any nutes from the plant via ph. plus there's usually "transplants" that help buffer and introduce new medium that isn't as acidic/basic as the previous pot.

...shoot i know hempy/hydro growers that don't even check their ph with no ill affects. actually come this fall, i'll prove it to you :hubba:

peace,

mr_chow

mr_chow said:
it's called "ditch weed", and given the right conditions and a female, it would grow just as good weed as any mexi-schwag...ask me how i know :rolleyes:

hemperfi...a pH of 7 is perfect! ...it's neither basic or acidic. don't go below 6.5 or above 8.5. soil takes a little longer to get to and recognize ph-lock...so as long as your ph stays in the range, you'll be okay. ...i wouldn't even worry about it.

peace,

mr_chow

"ditch weed" is descendant of hemp. Hemp was bred for it's "fiborous" qualities, not for it's thc content as our designer strains of today.

weed: noun
A weed in a general sense is a plant that is considered by the user of the term to be a nuisance, and normally applied to unwanted plants in human-controlled settings, especially farm fields and gardens, but also lawns, parks and woods[/URL], and other areas. More specifically, the term is often used to describe native or nonnative plants that grow and reproduce aggressively. Generally, a weed is a plant in an undesired place.
1.a valueless plant growing wild, especially one that grows on cultivated ground to the exclusion or injury of the desired crop.

2.any undesirable or troublesome plant, especially one that grows profusely where it is not wanted
a (1) : a plant that is not valued where it is growing and is usually of vigorous growth; especially : one that tends to overgrow or choke out more desirable plants

4. Something useless, detrimental, or worthless, especially an animal unfit for breeding.
ain't no weeds in my garden..;)

Okay, two more have popped. I have four little darlings now. I'm overwhelmed. They are the daintiest little things. I didn't expect those tiny seeds to produce monsters, but I didn't expect these cute little babies either. I won't worry about the PH for now. Guess I'm not growing weed -- there is nothing "undesirable" about the little darlings. Soooo petite -- and saucy... I'm in love.

HemperFi said:
Okay, two more have popped. I have four little darlings now. I'm overwhelmed. They are the daintiest little things. I didn't expect those tiny seeds to produce monsters, but I didn't expect these cute little babies either. I won't worry about the PH for now. Guess I'm not growing weed -- there is nothing "undesirable" about the little darlings. Soooo petite -- and saucy... I'm in love.
MORE CEEEEGARS!!....:D

yeeehaw...:D

...a lot of people don't like the veg-cycle, they think it's boring. i tend to like it b/c there's so many "new" things...seeds..cotyledons...3+fan leaves...5+set leaves...alternating nodes...sexing

...and those were the good things. let's hope the bad things in veg stay away! ;)

if those ceeeegars don't have tobacco in them, i'll take one :p

peace,

mr_chow

Got the boat moved into her new slip last night. My rent has dropped 150 a month, but I only owe 250 this month because of the deposite I had to put on the other slip. I am going to HTG supply (on line) and order my new light system. Should I get 1000 watts? Will I wish I had got 1000 watts if I don't? Any suggestions? They have a tent 47" x 47" that I want pretty bad too. Can I put 1000 watts in something that small?

I am having so much fun. Feels like I have a purpose in life again.

The babies are all in there standing at attention, opening up beautifully.

After I order the light, ballast, hood, exhaust fans I'll figure out how to get some pics in here to show you all my darlings. I am a proud daddy....

More cigars -- full of something wonderful.

Peace

Okay -- this is what I have decided on: 600w digital Greenhouse HPS, one MH bulb, A Cooltube 6" hood. That comes to just under three hundred bucks. I'll get the tent next month. What do you think?

With shipping and a fan and ducting and clamps it comes to 381.52 -- So, for the price of an oz of good meds, I will be pretty set up -- don't ya think?

My bank just called to verify the charges to HTG -- guess it's a done deal. I'm soaring people :)

"Waiting in patience is the essence of life" (Gibran)

I see changes every time I look at the little sprouts. They look healthy -- no stretch -- they look happy.

I know you are an outside guy Chow, so this probly won't interest you, but the Digital ballast I just ordered will run both MH and HPS lights -- I'm excited -- it should be here next week

HemperFi said:
I know you are an outside guy Chow, so this probly won't interest you, but the Digital ballast I just ordered will run both MH and HPS lights -- I'm excited -- it should be here next week

i'm actually an indoor guy that went outdoor this summer...

...switchable ballasts are super sexy! blue spectrum keeps the plant short and fat and the red spectrum will make them flower real nice :hubba:

so, should they be on 18 hrs of light now? Does a dark period matter? I lived in Alaska for a couple of years, and things grew nicely up there with 24 hrs of sun -- what do you think? You can't flower buds outside up there. They freeze before it happens. Do my babies need sleep?

HemperFi said:
so, should they be on 18 hrs of light now? Does a dark period matter? I lived in Alaska for a couple of years, and things grew nicely up there with 24 hrs of sun -- what do you think? You can't flower buds outside up there. They freeze before it happens. Do my babies need sleep?

oh God...

...this is a can of worms. :p

scientifically/objectively you can/should run mj plants 24/0. subjectively i run mine @ 18/6.

peace,

mr_chow

I have read that they "rest" when the lights are out. I'm not sure they need to rest, I'm going to give them their rest though, because I am sentamental and want to pamper my babies. Perhaps more seeds will pop in the dark. It took almost a week for the first four -- a couple more sure would be nice.

#5 just poked it's pretty little head up out of the soil. I'm happy with 50%.

And more cigars :)

and another one busts open the fecund earth and shows it's hungry green -- reaching for the light -- ALIVE!

I could get used to this. Six out of ten ain't that bad -- I think it's the lake water :)

HemperFi said:

You will have bushier plants with tighter internodal spacing if you run your lights 24/7.

The Hemp Goddess said:
You will have bushier plants with tighter internodal spacing if you run the lights 24/7.

I hate when the lights are out anyway. It stops me from looking at them every ten minutes lol -- Got ya THG 24/7 -- not a problem.

I had two sprouts coming up in the same pot, so last night -- a little high -- I decided to transplant one of them to it's own pot. I took a spoon and dug around it deep enough so I would get all the root -- and the pot broke -- the seedling fell out of the spoon and was dangling there, and I could almost hear her crying out for help. I reached down and grabbed a clump of dirt and root and quickly transfered it to another pot, and then I had to put the other one in another pot. I was shaking and my heart was beating fast when I was done, but they don't look much the worse for wear this morning. It may stunt them for a little while, but I believe they will take off soon. I am such a rookie, lol

Peace

Latest posts

Back