The Dr's Office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YAY.. the temps are starting to rise woo hoo! Less heaterage soon! hah..

Heaterage.. is that a word? Is now! :D

ok i'm back and found u ;) i got a few going kinda a mess no tent up
just looking for a mom out of em atm :) can't wait to chat

Hello :ciao:

New things for me are:
-I'm back Hydro and loving it!
-Getting LED's purchased in the next 24 hours and loving that as well!

:D Welcome back

Flipperville has happened..great, now for the big show.

Flipperville has happened..great, now for the big show.

In another 45 mins I'll be heading to the room for lights on. :D

Since I did a res change last night, I'm very curious what the PH is tonight. I do not mix my nutes 24 hrs ahead of time.. I should start working on doing that!

i flipped on the 1st i just did the trim and removal of suspect males switching nutes for flower and gotta set up tent as they are 19" to 36" already

ya i leave my water for 24 hr b4 nutes then 24 hr b4 phing it i want to just add nutes now and then is 24 hr ph it

Here's an update, sorry I didn't take time to edit pics.

My hydro is doing phenomenal and PH has only slightly risen. I will adjust it back down tomorrow most likely.

Going to be changing everything over to LED soon, so that should make things interesting. I just hope I don't get LESS than I do now. I'd like "as good as now" with less electricity and less fire hazard. I'll be getting 8x Mars II 400w's....4 for each tent. I run 4 spots with 18 gal totes in flowering, so each plant gets its own 400, plus any residual light from the other 3 being in a tent. I know it won't be much, as it's LED's, but still a pretty nifty thing.

Thanks PJ for the heads up there :aok:

Also, hey look.. rooting clones in Rockwool! My first try, woo hoo!! :D

Flowering #1 is at 5 weeks down, 3 to go.

View attachment NoEditUpdateMarch (12 of 12).jpg

View attachment NoEditUpdateMarch (11 of 12).jpg

View attachment NoEditUpdateMarch (9 of 12).jpg

View attachment NoEditUpdateMarch (10 of 12).jpg

View attachment NoEditUpdateMarch (8 of 12).jpg

View attachment NoEditUpdateMarch (7 of 12).jpg

View attachment NoEditUpdateMarchmore (1 of 1).jpg

View attachment NoEditUpdateMarch (6 of 12).jpg

View attachment NoEditUpdateMarch (5 of 12).jpg

View attachment NoEditUpdateMarch (4 of 12).jpg

View attachment NoEditUpdateMarch (3 of 12).jpg

View attachment NoEditUpdateMarch (2 of 12).jpg

looks nice, i like the clothes pin idea

nice to meet you DGF and sweet set-up over there! :)

Your attention to detail is admirable!

Good luck on the height and the elbow rubbing ;)

@N.Ewguy: Thank you :aok:

@echO: Cheers! I will keep the details plentiful, and the updates worthy of peoples time. :D Control over root zone is sooooo the biggest reason I went BACK to hydro.

See, I was banging out hydro wonderfully before, but switched thinking it was too much work. Which it was, I had to reinvent my setup. So, all reinvented now and stuff is p.h.e.n.o.m.e.n.a.l.!! :D

Looking great Doc!!! Envious of your setup :aok:

where u get that ph meter and those in jar humidity sensors u got links

whats the longest clone cuts u took, i got a flip a week end i want to taek all teh bottom longs and clone em but need a hight plastic clone set up u got a link for one u use looks high

Looking great Doc!!! Envious of your setup :aok:

Awesome Ston-Loc! Really glad you're diggin' this :D :aok:

where u get that ph meter and those in jar humidity sensors u got links

Bluelabs PH Pen (Best pen I've bought so far..): [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Bluelab-pH-Pen-Measuring-Temperature/dp/B005POOJHG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425951203&sr=8-1&keywords=Bluelabs+PH+pen[/ame]

Caliber IV Western Digital Hygrometer (supposed to be the most accurate on the market): [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Caliber-Digital-Hygromter-Western-Humidor/dp/B00JXOKQVW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425951239&sr=8-1&keywords=Caliber+iv[/ame]

Hope that helps you :aok:

whats the longest clone cuts u took, i got a flip a week end i want to taek all teh bottom longs and clone em but need a hight plastic clone set up u got a link for one u use looks high

Longest? Like, how tall? I generally do 4" - 5" long cuts, and try to make my super sharp cut ON a node point. :aok:

cool thanks ya gonna try 5" on a node

LED's engaged!

Both flowering tents are good to go with full on LED style! 8x Mars II 400w (4 in each tent)
I tell you, this is already amazing. I have a much better ventilation system than ever before, and I believe these lights are rather quality. It's just good, quality LED's without the frills. No remote or built in timers or dim switch or even power button, and I do not need any of that. I just need these to do at least as good as I was doing, and so far I'm super impressed.

Heights from canopy: Varying, but around 24" or a little more. Will get em within 18" or less when possible, especially in the hydro tent that's going through stretch right now! And yeah, I know.. the yellowing on the stuff that has 3 weeks left is intense. No more soilless for me. Hydro is how I will go from here on out, I do believe. I may slightly dabble with organics in a 2x2 :D

Here's some pics.

There's a shot of the old hoods sitting in a pile. I think, if I'm confident enough with these LED's after this run, I may just sell the 4 HPS setups. Recoup some money, and maybe help a fellow out along the way with a deal. :)

View attachment LEDFirstUpdateMarchSMALL (1 of 8).jpg

View attachment LEDFirstUpdateMarchSMALL (3 of 8).jpg

View attachment LEDFirstUpdateMarchSMALLCMON (1 of 1).jpg

View attachment LEDFirstUpdateMarchSMALL (5 of 8).jpg

View attachment LEDFirstUpdateMarchSMALLagain (2 of 3).jpg

View attachment LEDFirstUpdateMarchSMALL (6 of 8).jpg

View attachment LEDFirstUpdateMarchSMALLagain (3 of 3).jpg

View attachment LEDFirstUpdateMarchSMALL (8 of 8).jpg

Doc,
Congrats on joining the ranks of the LED growers. Good luck

Latest posts

Back