Let's talk trimmers and trim trays

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks MR1, there were no reviews on Amazon.ca and I figured *** just order it. After reading your post I did I more thorough search for reviews and you are absolutely correct. I managed to cancel the order before it shipped.

Hoping these guys get back to me on additional shipping options otherwise I will be doing it the old fashion way which I both love and hate :)

well....after 10 or so hours to figure my machine...the wife wants to run it....hehehe...love this lil' gem!!!!!

mojo

I have been against machine trimmers for a long time...just didn't like the way they cut. I also like keeping my friends working, as they look forward to harvest time.
For my outdoor project this year, we bought a redesigned Twister trimmer machine, and I have to say it works great. We can take down 10+ plants a day with 4 folks, which is amazing. The finished product is super clean, no crows feet or shagginess at all. 3 people cutting plants and feeding the machine, and 1 on quality control. The QC guy stands at the end of the machine and hand finishes anything questionable that comes thru, which is a nug or 2 for every 200 or so.
It hooks up to a vacuum pump and the cut is controlled by setting the correct vac level. Too much, it will tear the bud up, too little, it dosent do the job. I had to send a couple of guys to a training class to run the damn thing.
Bottom line, it saves an outdoor guy HUGE time and HUGE expense. Taking down 500# gardens in 10-14 days. We are making a killing on renting it out when we don't use it.
As far as running indoor thru it...I think it would work well, but I will prob not try it on my indoor.

Crows feet, that is what those are called, i hate those Hal... How do you avoid those?

I have been against machine trimmers for a long time...just didn't like the way they cut. I also like keeping my friends working, as they look forward to harvest time.
For my outdoor project this year, we bought a redesigned Twister trimmer machine, and I have to say it works great. We can take down 10+ plants a day with 4 folks, which is amazing. The finished product is super clean, no crows feet or shagginess at all. 3 people cutting plants and feeding the machine, and 1 on quality control. The QC guy stands at the end of the machine and hand finishes anything questionable that comes thru, which is a nug or 2 for every 200 or so.
It hooks up to a vacuum pump and the cut is controlled by setting the correct vac level. Too much, it will tear the bud up, too little, it dosent do the job. I had to send a couple of guys to a training class to run the damn thing.
Bottom line, it saves an outdoor guy HUGE time and HUGE expense. Taking down 500# gardens in 10-14 days. We are making a killing on renting it out when we don't use it.
As far as running indoor thru it...I think it would work well, but I will prob not try it on my indoor.

I'm curious how you cure those large amounts....coolers, jars(haha), other devices...I have a 15 plant outdoor garden..I have my drying figured...but I need bigger curing vessels than 1 gal pickle jars...appreciate any info...;))

mojo

I would guess the product is moved once it is dry enough, without a cure.

Try not to squint much, and use moisturizer at night :)

Thank you for that great laugh this morning, that was so funny.

mojoganjaman I use jars that are no bigger then a gallon. I found some great sealing jars on line for a great price. Look around, we don' t want them much bigger then a gallon or they could get mold if not all the way dry when put in.

Good luck to you.

Thank you for that great laugh this morning, that was so funny.

mojoganjaman I use jars that are no bigger then a gallon. I found some great sealing jars on line for a great price. Look around, we don' t want them much bigger then a gallon or they could get mold if not all the way dry when put in.

Good luck to you.

well...I figure I will have 15-20 lbs dry...thats alot of 1 gal jars...I'm not a dealer, I'm a patient...so the cure is important...just trying to lessen the workload...the Shearline 2.0 solved my "too many folks in my house/yard" at harvest time...now 5 folk do the work of 10...I suppose if I have to I will buy a whack of gallon jugs...thanks Rose...green mojo to all!!

mojo

A lot of large growers use Turkey cooking bags, they have perforated holes to allow moisture to escape. I dry a lot of weight each month, and a rack with 1/4" screen is what I use to dry....2 gal zip-lock bags to cure.

well...I figure I will have 15-20 lbs dry...thats alot of 1 gal jars...I'm not a dealer, I'm a patient...so the cure is important...just trying to lessen the workload...the Shearline 2.0 solved my "too many folks in my house/yard" at harvest time...now 5 folk do the work of 10...I suppose if I have to I will buy a whack of gallon jugs...thanks Rose...green mojo to all!!

mojo

I think some large tupperware would be your best bet.

ok...large tupperware tubs for cure...kin I store in said tub????

thanks for your responses...;))

mojo

Yeah bags just don't seal, unless your talking foodsaver sealed bags
if you really want to use bags; there's a brand called 'zip zag bags' (formerly BC bags) they work amazingly well.
i have a couple they gave out years a go for promotion, that still seal great today (i use them for storing my hash trim that use to stink out my freezer, before them ;) )

i go with large tupperware myself for curing and storing my OD.

I'm curious how you cure those large amounts....coolers, jars(haha), other devices...I have a 15 plant outdoor garden..I have my drying figured...but I need bigger curing vessels than 1 gal pickle jars...appreciate any info...;))

mojo

Mostly cured in Turkey bags once the final trim is complete.

The machine I am talking about does a pretty good job of cleaning out crows feet, but there is a person stationed on the end of the machine to inspect and herb that might need a hand trim, which is not much at all.

Boy, things sure have changed for pot dealers. LMAO When I did it in the 60's I let the buyer do the "trimming"..... as well as cleaning out all the sticks and stems and seeds....LMAO

I miss brickweed and folder-over baggies. LMAO

Hackerman, i wasn't 60 in the 60's....give me the trimmer, thank you.

Latest posts

Back