Milk to treat powdery mildew

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zem

Reaction score
I was surprised as to how well this worked for me, I had two plants that had spots of powdery mildew on their leaves in the early stages of infection and they were about 20 days into flowering. I researched about what I can use at this stage to fight powdery milder. I used milk, and it really froze the infection dead in its place. The biggest downside to me is that the smell of milk lingers for another week but it is completely dry and did not seem to attract insects. I also gave them a heavy shower about 1 liter for 2 plants so I can still see the milk residues now 2 weeks after application, but the smell is completely gone. Anyway, I am pleased as to how well it worked against the infection and it is after all a natural product that I am more comfortable fumigating flowering plants with it. I would definitely not want to use it 20 days before harvest, because I want to avoid even milk residues in my buds. Anyone ever heard of or tried this remedy? If so, how well did it work with your plants?

I have used it years ago on roses outside and yes, it did work. I haven't had much of a problem with PM on pot. But if i do, i am going to remember your post zem. Thank you for posting.

Yeah I used it once on my stuff. I had a pretty significant attack and didn't have anything but milk to use and it worked quite well where I could spray it on the mildewed spots.

You need to get a blacklite and take a close look at the plants with it as PM that is still invisible to the eye will glow under blacklite.

The milk really treated the mildew. I only did one application and its residues clearly remain on the leaves and I noticed the mildew trying to take hold then failing with no further intervention from me. the end product did not have any milk taste or smell whatsoever. I did a regular bud wash with water.

Latest posts

Back